Cannot protect my child - cannot add child to family - error Family.ActionThrottledForUser

Discus and support Cannot protect my child - cannot add child to family - error Family.ActionThrottledForUser in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying since 3 days ago to add my Child account to an existing family group but no luck. Other accounts have no problem to join the existing... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Stephen Saniac, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Cannot protect my child - cannot add child to family - error Family.ActionThrottledForUser

I am trying since 3 days ago to add my Child account to an existing family group but no luck.

Other accounts have no problem to join the existing family group.

Also, the Child account cannot create his family group, cannot join other families etc.

The problem is related this the Child account, the technical error I get is HTTP 500 - "error": "Family.ActionThrottledForUser".

I would accept to throttle a user when the user is creating hundreds/thousands of requests resulting in performance degradation.

In my case I tried maybe 10 times to add him to the family group - why do you throttle so aggressively?

What is the point to limit the Child account? Now, this account cannot be controlled by a Parent.

The Child cannot now be protected as his account is "throttled".

There should not be a limit on how many times a child can join a family group. If the Child needs protection every day, a reasonable limit should be set at 365 not 10. Please increase this limit and not "throttle" unnecessarily.

Microsoft Support has checked the Child account but all the checks returned success and they don't know what to advise.

The Child is not able to use his account since 3 days ago.

:)

Stephen Saniac, Dec 10, 2020
  2. sito-54AB2CCB-BCEC-4 Win User

Cannot add child to XBOX One - says already belongs to a family- but WHAT family??

Same problem here. Created two new outlook accounts for my kids and it won't let me add them to my family. I get the cannot add child they are already a member of another family error. Hopefully they fix this soon!
  3. XBF Leo G Win User

Kinderkonto zu Erwachsenenkonto Stufen -[Translation - Children's account to adult account levels]

Hello PhilipBasgal,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that you are interested in changing a child account to an adult account. Once an account has been established as a child account, it cannot be changed to an adult account until the child turns
    18. The best way to manage the child account is to
    add it to a family
    . This requires an adult account to add the child account to the family. Once the child account has been added to the adult account's family, the child account will be able to access online features. Be sure to let us know the results!
  4. Hongkong-2C9EE231-6B Win User

Changing live account to a child account

Hello There

You cannot demote an account to a child account but you can add it to a family pack and add certain restrictions if needed. :)
  5. XBF Leo G Win User

Pur-MaturityRatingsDenialUserNotinFamily

Hello Lenny=best,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. An adult account will need to be tied to the child account through a family in order to regulate the

child account settings
    . Once the settings are updated for the child account, the child account should be able to redeem the prepaid code for the game. The article entitled

how to add a child to a family account
    contains information on how to set up a family. Be sure to let us know the results!
  6. Smwutches Win User

transferring money between accounts

In a family group, the primary account can add funds to a child account, but funds cannot be transferred between accounts otherwise.
Thema:

Cannot protect my child - cannot add child to family - error Family.ActionThrottledForUser

1. Cannot protect my child - cannot add child to family - error Family.ActionThrottledForUser - Similar Threads - Cannot protect child

2. Cannot buy vbucks despite sufficient credit on microsoft account

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot buy vbucks despite sufficient credit on microsoft account: Hi, keep trying to buy vbucks (for my son). I topped the microsfot account up to cover payment, but Fortnite keeps asking for permission and more funds - I've now tried it through the xbox site,...
  3. My screen is black and i cannot play any games all it says is welcome and then it goes...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My screen is black and i cannot play any games all it says is welcome and then it goes...: I cannot play any games cus my xbox goes fullly black after starting it it is ig called the screen of death or sum all it says is welcome then goes dim. Help. 112872b3-9401-437b-bc00-910087e4b0bd
  4. X-Box Series S Cannot connect to internet in china

in XBoX on Consoles
    X-Box Series S Cannot connect to internet in china: Hi, I live in mainland china and just brought a Xbox series s over from Australia and it doesn’t connect to the internet. Because of this I can’t play any online games update games or get new...
  5. I cannot access xbox networking and xbox console companion in Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot access xbox networking and xbox console companion in Windows 11: I installed Windows 11 recently, and was enjoying Forza Horizon 5 and one day i couldn't access online to play with friends. I reinstalled xbox and whole game but it wasn't fixed. I searched for...
  6. Fallout New Vegas cannot upload profile

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fallout New Vegas cannot upload profile: Both my boyfriend and I have the new Xbox X console. When I was there I downloaded Fallout New Vegas and played it the past 2 days. I got home and installed New Vegas and was planning on...
  7. I cannot contact Xbox Customer Service

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot contact Xbox Customer Service: Ive tried the virtual agent many times trying to conact somebody to assist with a damaged xbox controller. The callback feature hasnt worked once in the last week ive tried and there is no live...
  8. Cannot sign into 360 games on my Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot sign into 360 games on my Series X: I’m on series X and since I got it in October, there were no issues playing backward compatibility games until yesterday. I was idle for maybe 5-10 minutes in the lobby of a game when it randomly...
  9. I cannot join parties after comm ban expires

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I cannot join parties after comm ban expires: I can’t join parties after my comm ban, I have an error whenever I try to join yet I can create my own, invite and earlier when I did to my friends I could then join parties but it would be...
  10. Cannot factory reset Xbox despite having a start up error.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot factory reset Xbox despite having a start up error.: My Xbox one has suddenly stopped working. it just loads to a grey screen and then shows me the option to troubleshoot. I have tried every method and it is still not working or even factory...