Cannot promote child account, account did not auto promote

Discus and support Cannot promote child account, account did not auto promote in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have been trying to figure this out in conjunction with my parents and we have gotten nowhere. My account should have auto-promoted from a child... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Mad_Maddy03, Aug 21, 2022.

1. Mad_Maddy03
    Mad_Maddy03 Guest

I have been trying to figure this out in conjunction with my parents and we have gotten nowhere.

My account should have auto-promoted from a child account to an adult account (I am 19 years old) and it has not done it at all. My account was a subaccount to my dad's account and he tried updating the permissions and either they just didn't work period or they never saved because he did this multiple times. He has tried even removing my account as a sub-account to his to see if I could change the settings and when I go to change my privacy settings, it won't let me, prompting me with the "Why can't I change my privacy settings" page. This has become incredibly frustrating and any forums or help through Microsoft before this has led nowhere or just back to where I was already getting stuck. I don't want to have to close the account, wait 30 days, and potentially not be able to reuse the email the account was tied to. Note, I am doing this through PC and do not have ready access to an Xbox to change the account settings.

:)

Mad_Maddy03, Aug 21, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Mad_Maddy03

In some countries and states the minimum age to have an adult account is 21 years old.

Depending on where are you located you may need to wait until 21.

If you're more than sure that +18 is considered as an adult in your country/state, you may need to verify your identity with Microsoft to promote the account and recategorize it.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/b...

----

Or you can also try leaving the current family group, once you leave it add your account again as organizer via the link below.

https://account.microsoft.com/family/

Please double check that you select your account as organizer, not member.

Once successfully added, sign out from your account everywhere and restart your device and check if our able to change your privacy settings
  3. Tweaked Donkey Win User

Adult account

4. Zeta Psi Win User

i cannot sign up for the enforcement team 1229187332

You may need to promote your account from a child account to an adult account. please follow the following link to promote your account to an adult account and then try again: support.xbox.com/.../promote-child-account
  5. Boombaa Win User

Child just turned 18. Cant buy anything from the xbox store, telling him he isn't authorized.

6. x24hrs2livex Win User

Cannot download Free Gold Game: Hitman Absolution due to "Child" or "Teen" account??

Thema:

1. Cannot promote child account, account did not auto promote - Similar Threads - Cannot promote child

2. I just bought a used Xbox found out the console was banned. Does that mean I cannot...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just bought a used Xbox found out the console was banned. Does that mean I cannot...: Yes I bought a used xbox recently that didn't reveal to me that The console was Band I know, I can't play using online functions but does that Mean that I can't download the games that I've...
  3. Left Insiders (Delta) on my Xbox and now cannot play games

in XboX Insiders
    Left Insiders (Delta) on my Xbox and now cannot play games: I decided to withdraw my console from the Insiders Delta ring yesterday. I used the Insiders Hub on Xbox, chose to have my console leave. Exited the hub, five minutes or so later, my console...
  4. Cannot remote access Xbox One from my PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot remote access Xbox One from my PC: I'm in Dev Mode on the Xbox One and I'm trying to do Remote Access but every time I punch in the address I get this message UNITIALIZED Credentials have not been set up. Enter a username and...
  5. hey i have a question what does it mean when it says "one or two more accounts cannot play...

in XBoX on Windows
    hey i have a question what does it mean when it says "one or two more accounts cannot play...: i used xbox360 minecraft to play PvP and the popup appers:"one or two more accounts cannot play multiplayer games." i really want to try online pvp PLZ HELP!!!11 3a93bd93-ff87-4354-b8c9-e68abc026d0a
  6. I cannot sign up for developer mode

in XBoX on Windows
    I cannot sign up for developer mode: Whenever I try to sign up, after I put in my info I am not taken to the payment info page, instead I keep getting this message: Microsoft runs on trust- We engage in a rigorous set of evaluation...
  7. Cannot join the xbox ambassadors program but there's no suspension history on my account

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot join the xbox ambassadors program but there's no suspension history on my account: EDIT: I see it says Xbox ambassador on my profile on the forms, but I can't view the ambassador page and it says I was removed Hey Everyone, I went to join the Xbox ambassadors and for some...
  8. I CANNOT update OR USE the Xbox Accessories App. It just says i need the latest update,...

in XBoX on Windows
    I CANNOT update OR USE the Xbox Accessories App. It just says i need the latest update,...: Everytime i open xbox accessories app it just says i need the latest version BUT I HAVE NO AVAILABLE UPDATES. sorry for the caps im losing it. so much has gone wrong in me trying to fix this that...
  9. Cannot connect to the Xbox network

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot connect to the Xbox network: Despite being connected to the internet on my Xbox and other devices, and being able to play online games with friends I have been unable to download/update any games, open avatar editor, the...
  10. I cannot log into Microsoft after successfully changing my password

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot log into Microsoft after successfully changing my password: Over last two days I have had to change my Microsoft password. I receive a message each time that it has been successfully changed yet when I try to use this password the message states it is...