Cannot play old DVDs

Discus and support Cannot play old DVDs in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey, I have some old DVDs from 2000 or 2001 and I cannot play them on my Xbox One. I get to the main menue, but then the player stops working. Has... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by WhiteDragonD, Oct 16, 2017.

1. WhiteDragonD
    WhiteDragonD Guest

Cannot play old DVDs

Hey,

I have some old DVDs from 2000 or 2001 and I cannot play them on my Xbox One. I get to the main menue, but then the player stops working. Has anyone an idea?

:)

WhiteDragonD, Oct 16, 2017
  2. Naxo021207
    Naxo021207 Guest
    xbox 360 slim

I regret to inform you that Xbox 360 S console cannot play HD DVDs. You still need to have an HD DVD player for you to be able to play HD DVDs. However, Microsoft Xbox does not sell Xbox 360 HD DVD player anymore.

Naxo021207, Oct 16, 2017
  3. tdehan
    tdehan Guest
    Xbox One S controller does not control DVD play.

How does one control DVD play with the XBox One S controller? I can sort of get a DVD to play but cannot stop play, fast forward or get out of DVD play once it's started. Help!

tdehan, Oct 16, 2017
  4. XeXDeadlyfox Win User

Xbox 360 can’t read media

Either xbox 360 cannot support the dvdXbox 360 cannot play blueray dvd's or their is something wrong in the dvd reader in the xbox.
  5. Auswulf Win User

Block gaming, but allow things like Netflix?

You could always do it the old fashioned way and play a dvd on a dvd player.
  6. DONALDO20030603 Win User

Xbox One DVD flicker and aspect ratio!!!!!

I have the same problem with DVD playback, however, it's only on DVDs recorded on a toshiba DVD recorder. Bought DVDs play in the correct aspect ratio on Xbox one, but recorded DVDs play in 4:3. However, on every other DVD player, they play in widescreen.
    On Xbox 360 I can adjust the aspect ratio in settings. I cannot find how to do this on the Xbox one.
  7. Naxo021207 Win User

xbox 360 slim

I regret to inform you that Xbox 360 S console cannot play HD DVDs. You still need to have an HD DVD player for you to be able to play HD DVDs. However, Microsoft Xbox does not sell Xbox 360 HD DVD player anymore.
  8. Theory of Game Win User

again, Please give us HD DVD support for use on Xbox one

You would need an external drive to play HD-DVDs, as the Blu-Ray drive in the Xbox One cannot possibly read the HD-DVD format. Since HD-DVDs are no longer being made, I'd say it's extremely unlikely that HD-DVD support will be added to the Xbox One.
Thema:

Cannot play old DVDs

1. Cannot play old DVDs - Similar Threads - Cannot play old

2. I am getting an error code Dev error 12502 I cannot play multiplayer game off-line. It will...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am getting an error code Dev error 12502 I cannot play multiplayer game off-line. It will...: After season three download, I cannot play multiplayer off-line. I keep on getting the air I can play. Campaign game off-line. I cannot get this issue resolved. ce617d6b-1b50-4280-895e-816e235cad4b
  3. Left Insiders (Delta) on my Xbox and now cannot play games

in XboX Insiders
    Left Insiders (Delta) on my Xbox and now cannot play games: I decided to withdraw my console from the Insiders Delta ring yesterday. I used the Insiders Hub on Xbox, chose to have my console leave. Exited the hub, five minutes or so later, my console...
  4. hey i have a question what does it mean when it says "one or two more accounts cannot play...

in XBoX on Windows
    hey i have a question what does it mean when it says "one or two more accounts cannot play...: i used xbox360 minecraft to play PvP and the popup appers:"one or two more accounts cannot play multiplayer games." i really want to try online pvp PLZ HELP!!!11 3a93bd93-ff87-4354-b8c9-e68abc026d0a
  5. I cannot sign into Gamebar or the Xbox app (code 0x80004005), but I can play online xbox...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I cannot sign into Gamebar or the Xbox app (code 0x80004005), but I can play online xbox...: I think I'm stuck in some kind of sign-in limbo where I'm logged in enough to play game like Sea of Thieves (which requires you to be signed in), but not when it comes to the Xbox social options....
  6. Hello, I own an Xbox Series S. I cannot install it from my phone. Remote play is on, but I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello, I own an Xbox Series S. I cannot install it from my phone. Remote play is on, but I...: Hello, I logged in to my Microsoft account from the Xbox application, then I clicked on the console section and it asked me to define it. I said to install it first. I got the TV code, but the...
  7. I cannot play Live with Gold games without an active subscription now?

in XboX Insiders
    I cannot play Live with Gold games without an active subscription now?: Today I tried to play one of my games from Live with Gold to discover that I cannot play it anymore, and I remember that even if I don't have Live with Gold or Game Pass Ultimate active...
  8. I regularly play with a person on Fortnite. I see when they play but they cannot see when...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I regularly play with a person on Fortnite. I see when they play but they cannot see when...: I regularly play with a person on Fortnite. I see when they play but they cannot see when I’m on. I have them on my list but it still says “add friend”. I can’t add them on Xbox or epic. When I...
  9. Microsoft Flight Simulator PC cannot login on new computer but plays fine on old computer

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft Flight Simulator PC cannot login on new computer but plays fine on old computer: I purchased MFS from Microsoft store on old PC. Works fine. Bought a new PC and tried to login and MFS does not show up. I have a copy of the digital ownership and it plays fine on old PC but...
  10. I cannot redeem code because it says i'm not old enough to play this

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot redeem code because it says i'm not old enough to play this: I bought xbox one few days ago and i got 2 game codes. one was tomb raider: definitive edition and the other was rise of the tomb raider includes tactical survival kit. In the xbox website i could...