Cannot play old DVDs

Discus and support Cannot play old DVDs in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey, I have some old DVDs from 2000 or 2001 and I cannot play them on my Xbox One. I get to the main menue, but then the player stops working. Has... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by WhiteDragonD, Oct 16, 2017.

1. WhiteDragonD
    WhiteDragonD Guest

Cannot play old DVDs

Hey,

I have some old DVDs from 2000 or 2001 and I cannot play them on my Xbox One. I get to the main menue, but then the player stops working. Has anyone an idea?

:)

WhiteDragonD, Oct 16, 2017
  2. Naxo021207
    Naxo021207 Guest
    xbox 360 slim

I regret to inform you that Xbox 360 S console cannot play HD DVDs. You still need to have an HD DVD player for you to be able to play HD DVDs. However, Microsoft Xbox does not sell Xbox 360 HD DVD player anymore.

Naxo021207, Oct 16, 2017
  3. tdehan
    tdehan Guest
    Xbox One S controller does not control DVD play.

How does one control DVD play with the XBox One S controller? I can sort of get a DVD to play but cannot stop play, fast forward or get out of DVD play once it's started. Help!

tdehan, Oct 16, 2017
  4. XeXDeadlyfox Win User

Xbox 360 can’t read media

Either xbox 360 cannot support the dvdXbox 360 cannot play blueray dvd's or their is something wrong in the dvd reader in the xbox.
  5. Auswulf Win User

Block gaming, but allow things like Netflix?

You could always do it the old fashioned way and play a dvd on a dvd player.
  6. DONALDO20030603 Win User

Xbox One DVD flicker and aspect ratio!!!!!

I have the same problem with DVD playback, however, it's only on DVDs recorded on a toshiba DVD recorder. Bought DVDs play in the correct aspect ratio on Xbox one, but recorded DVDs play in 4:3. However, on every other DVD player, they play in widescreen.
    On Xbox 360 I can adjust the aspect ratio in settings. I cannot find how to do this on the Xbox one.
  7. Naxo021207 Win User

xbox 360 slim

I regret to inform you that Xbox 360 S console cannot play HD DVDs. You still need to have an HD DVD player for you to be able to play HD DVDs. However, Microsoft Xbox does not sell Xbox 360 HD DVD player anymore.
  8. Theory of Game Win User

again, Please give us HD DVD support for use on Xbox one

You would need an external drive to play HD-DVDs, as the Blu-Ray drive in the Xbox One cannot possibly read the HD-DVD format. Since HD-DVDs are no longer being made, I'd say it's extremely unlikely that HD-DVD support will be added to the Xbox One.
Thema:

Cannot play old DVDs

1. Cannot play old DVDs - Similar Threads - Cannot play old

2. Hello and please help me.I`m reaching out/Xbox 360 cannot play any 12 plus games.,Ive an...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello and please help me.I`m reaching out/Xbox 360 cannot play any 12 plus games.,Ive an...: Hello and please help me. I`m reaching out as I've bought an Xbox 360 how do I change/RESET family pass settings as I cannot play any 12-plus games? I`ve tried loads of things on google to no...
  3. I play Rise of Nations on my laptop. I cannot save games.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I play Rise of Nations on my laptop. I cannot save games.: When I try to save the game it comes up with the message "cloud storage is full". I do not have an xbox and this is the only game I play that I save. I recently upgraded to windows 11 and have...
  4. i own minecraft bedrock but cannot play it on pc.

in XBoX Accessibility
    i own minecraft bedrock but cannot play it on pc.: in the minecraft launcher it tells me that i can play a trial version of the game, but if i go to my mojang minecraft account on their website and the xbox store, it says i own it. ive tired to...
  5. Cannot play with daughter on separate system.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Cannot play with daughter on separate system.: She plays on Xbox Series X and I play on PC. Both are up to date as well. We are both friends via Xbox/Microsoft. She can play online with other people and I can play online with other people, but...
  6. Minecraft: You cannot play realms because of how your account is set up

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft: You cannot play realms because of how your account is set up: So, this has been an issue for a few days now. I ended up downloading Minecraft on my phone to play with a friend of mine while I was away from home and didn't have access to my Xbox One. Ever...
  7. Remote Playing showing "cannot connect right now, try again later" message

in XboX Insiders
    Remote Playing showing "cannot connect right now, try again later" message: I've checked both the Xbox and controller for updates, and neither need one, the Xbox app has been updated, remote play is active and the connection had no issues (same with internet) and its on...
  8. “You cannot has play on Realms because of how your Microsoft Account is set up.”

in XBoX Games and Apps
    “You cannot has play on Realms because of how your Microsoft Account is set up.”: Are there any suggestions to fixing this? I have gone through all the steps at aka.ms/MCMultiplayerHelp I have ensured that all the settings are enabled, I have “allowed” every option under my...
  9. “You cannot play on Realms because of how your Microsoft Account is set up.”

in XBoX Accessibility
    “You cannot play on Realms because of how your Microsoft Account is set up.”: Are there any suggestions to fixing this? I have gone through all the steps at aka.ms/MCMultiplayerHelp I have ensured that all the settings are enabled, I have “allowed” every option under my...
  10. I cannot redeem code because it says i'm not old enough to play this

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot redeem code because it says i'm not old enough to play this: I bought xbox one few days ago and i got 2 game codes. one was tomb raider: definitive edition and the other was rise of the tomb raider includes tactical survival kit. In the xbox website i could...