Cannot play multiplayer games due to glitched privacy settings PLEASE HELP

Discus and support Cannot play multiplayer games due to glitched privacy settings PLEASE HELP in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Where do I begin? Forgive me. This is a long story because I have been trying to resolve this issue for months with no luck. In late June or early May... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by ShadeofArcana, Aug 4, 2022.

1. Cannot play multiplayer games due to glitched privacy settings PLEASE HELP

Where do I begin? Forgive me. This is a long story because I have been trying to resolve this issue for months with no luck.

In late June or early May of this year, I turned on my Xbox and tried to play multiplayer Minecraft with my friends, only to find I could not join their session due to "how my Microsoft account is set up." Words from the error screen itself. So I checked my privacy settings. I am an adult and have its settings set to "custom" I checked every setting in the multiplayer section, and everything is set to "allow" and "everyone." No apparent problems there, so I didn't think much of it at first and assumed it was an error on Mojang's end.

I began jumping through the hoops of contacting Microsoft Xbox Support for assistance. I relayed my story multiple times to associates who told me, "This is a common issue. You are not alone. Our techs are working on a solution wait and see." After several weeks of calling and getting nowhere, I finally spoke to Arnold, who helped me troubleshoot the issue further. Together we created a second dummy account and linked the two versions as family members, then made the dummy account the family administrator. From there, I was instructed to see if I could use the dummy admin account to view and change the privacy setting for my real main account. But still, the same error message appeared "We were unable to load your settings at this time. Please try again later."

We went through the process of troubleshooting the issue on the console but could find nothing wrong. We tried having the main account request Multiplayer access from the dummy admin, but even when the admin agreed to let the main have multiplayer access, the primary account stayed in that request loop. Arnold then put in another ticket and told me he would email me updates on the situation. Almost a month later, I started receiving emails at varying intervals essentially saying, "no resolution has been found. We are still working on it." (Had a case number and everything displayed on the email) I continued to be patient, trying to relax and put it out of my mind, but no significant progress was made in fixing my account.

After a while, I received an email from Arnold asking me to confirm my DoB, to which I complied without issue. On July 27th, I received an email from an associate named Massiel asking me to verify if the problem was resolved. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get a response email to go through. Finally, I got another email on July 30th saying the case had been closed, still asking if the issue had been resolved. I clicked "no," but nothing happened. Still, the problem persists, and I cannot play any multiplayer games or view my Xbox my privacy setting on the Microsoft site. I even purchased a month of Xbox Live to see if that was the source of the problem still no change.

It's now August 3rd, and I called Microsoft Xbox Support again today to tell them about the unresolved issue. The person I spoke to said we would have to go through the troubleshooting process again. I calmly explained my computer is unfortunately not operational at this time (currently waiting to be repaired), so I wouldn't be able to use my laptop. The associate said, "This will have to wait until your computer is repaired. There is a process that must be performed before we go any further. Try to relax and have a good day."

At this moment, I am incredibly frustrated, exhausted, and bordering the edge of despair for want of a solution. I know it's a seemingly small insignificant thing, an adult who merely wants to relax and socialize with her friends through various online games, but this has been eating me alive for MONTHS. The only thing I can do on my console is play single-player games, which isn't the end of the world, but it does make it significantly lonely. So now I am dying for some resolution; I don't know what else to do or where to look. So I hope someone here can help, or at the very least tell me I am not the only one suffering from this same problem.

:)

ShadeofArcana, Aug 4, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this buddy

Usually this problem gets solved adding your main account as adult account in your family group:

First try leaving the family group.

Create a new account (or use again the dummy account) that can be considered as an adult account (try using another web browser or incognito mode).

Once done, add your main account as organizer via the link below. (you can see in the new account an "add member" button
    https://account.microsoft.com/family/

Please double check that you select your main account as organizer too, not member.

Once successfully added, sign out from your account everywhere and restart your Xbox

Then log in your account again and try changing again your permissions

Just to double check, please check if birthdate is more than 18 and change it if necessary
    https://account.microsoft.com/profile

That usually does the work, if not. Sadly you may need to reach Microsoft support due to here in the forums as everyone here are regular users (myself) and the Microsoft agents from here are not able to access to your account due to security and privacy policies.

So they're going to redirect you to the 1:1 support
  3. Canberk Poyrazözsoy Win User

Sea Of Thieves Safety settings

''You cannot play multiplayer games due to the way your account is set up. To change this, go to your privacy and online security settings on Xbox.com.''

I did, but it didn't improve.
  4. omarabdelhady Win User

Minecraft Bedrock PS4 multiplayer permissions

When I try to play with my friends, it says "You cannot play online multiplayer due to the way your Microsoft account is set up. Review and change privacy settings at aka.ms/accountsettings" but when I enter the link,
    I don´t know where do I change this settings. Please help.
  5. Noah§ Win User

When I try to play with my friends, it says "You cannot play online multiplayer due to the way your Microsoft account is set up. Review and change privacy settings at aka.ms/accountsettings" but when I enter the link, I don´t know where do I change
    this settings. Please help.
  6. theotremblay Win User

When I try to play with my friends, it says "You cannot play online multiplayer due to the way your Microsoft account is set up. Review and change privacy settings at aka.ms/accountsettings" but when I enter the link, I don´t know where do I change
    this settings. Please help.
Thema:

1. Cannot play multiplayer games due to glitched privacy settings PLEASE HELP - Similar Threads - Cannot play multiplayer

2. I am getting an error code Dev error 12502 I cannot play multiplayer game off-line. It will...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am getting an error code Dev error 12502 I cannot play multiplayer game off-line. It will...: After season three download, I cannot play multiplayer off-line. I keep on getting the air I can play. Campaign game off-line. I cannot get this issue resolved. ce617d6b-1b50-4280-895e-816e235cad4b
  3. Cannot play multiplayer because of how your Microsoft Account is set up- on Minescraft on PS5

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot play multiplayer because of how your Microsoft Account is set up- on Minescraft on PS5: We are getting this message : Cannot play multiplayer because of how your Microsoft Account is set up.... Please ensure your online safety settings allow Multiplayer...etc. My son is trying to...
  4. I cannot play minecraft multiplayers even though i have changed my privacy setting (i am...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot play minecraft multiplayers even though i have changed my privacy setting (i am...: I cannot play minecraft multiplayer despite having changed the privacy settings. 1dbbc217-a165-4499-ae9f-7d7117f9c153
  5. Why I cannot play coop multiplayer in dying light Xbox live is shutdown its still saying...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why I cannot play coop multiplayer in dying light Xbox live is shutdown its still saying...: Why I cannot play coop multiplayer in dying light Xbox live is shutdown its still saying you cannot play Xbox multiplayer you need Xbox live gold is required. Can someone answer my question?...
  6. How do I fix "you cannot play online multiplayer because of how you account is set up"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix "you cannot play online multiplayer because of how you account is set up": How do I fix "you cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft account is set up" Ive tryd everything I've restarted my Xbox, uninstall then reinstall, I've done all of the family...
  7. Minecraft: "You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft account is set...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft: "You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft account is set...: Hello, Long-time Xbox user and Minecraft player. We are using Xbox Family to manage child accounts. Both of my children have an active Xbox Game Pass subscription. Both are playing on Xbox One....
  8. You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft Account is set up.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft Account is set up.: have done everything in family settings but still this message pops up every time i try to play games now and I've never changed anything please help. 4846ed81-c8df-46b9-be96-4fd2c2ee0648
  9. Paid for gamepass core cannot play online multiplayer

in XBoX Accessibility
    Paid for gamepass core cannot play online multiplayer: I bought gamepass core and I cannot access online multiplayer despite it showing on my profile. ad7425e9-50ac-4625-a35c-ad87496936df
  10. Minecraft- Cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft Account is set up

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft- Cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft Account is set up: At my wits end here. I just bought Minecraft in the xbox store. I've set all my privacy settings to allow, and I don't have a child account, but I can't play minecraft multiplayer. It says "Cannot...