Cannot play Minecraft with friends - I don’t know my Microsoft email.

Discus and support Cannot play Minecraft with friends - I don’t know my Microsoft email. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Long story short, I’ve contacted Microsoft and Minecraft support and neither were able to help me. I’m currently playing Minecraft on PS4 and trying... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Paige P1, Oct 22, 2022.

1. Paige P1
    Paige P1 Guest

Long story short, I’ve contacted Microsoft and Minecraft support and neither were able to help me.

I’m currently playing Minecraft on PS4 and trying to play online with an Xbox friend. The Minecraft application has never made me log in to play with friends before. With the most recent update, it is now required that I sign into my Microsoft account to play with friends.

I tried to sign in using my PSN email, but Minecraft tells me that that account is incorrect and that I need to sign in with the account that was previously linked to my Minecraft account.

I have never signed in and thus, I have absolutely no idea what email my Minecraft is linked to.

I know my Microsoft gamer tag, but not the email associated with it.

Does anyone have a solution for this? I have already tried deleting the Minecraft data from my PlayStation, and deleting and reinstalling the game.

:)

Paige P1, Oct 22, 2022
  2. RainingRoses Win User

Thanks for the update, Paige. At least we’re making some progress here and getting closer to finding out exactly what email address is on the account.

I’m not saying I don’t believe you when you say there wasn’t any email address linked to the Minecraft account, but as far as I know, that wouldn’t have been possible as a Microsoft account is required and shouldn’t just link the account to a random one.

The only other advice I have is to perhaps ask your friends and family if they happen to know the hotmail email address on the account. Is it possible that the account was originally created for you by a parent/guardian or a trusted friend?

Either way, the Minecraft account is linked to a Microsoft account and you unfortunately won’t be able to sign in or play on the same account without the correct email address, phone number, or Skype username.

I understand there’s already a number of various support teams involved and it can be confusing to know which of them are responsible to address this issue, but as you’re playing on a PS4 console, have you tried to contact Sony PlayStation Support as a last resort to see if they can do anything for from their side? I’m not sure if they can assist with confirming the Microsoft email address (even if it’s linked to your Minecraft and PlayStation accounts) and might not be able to for privacy/security reasons, but let’s see what they say. You can also send them a DM on Twitter @AskPlayStation

Best of luck! Feel welcome to ask if you have any additional questions or concerns.
  3. Paige P1 Win User

Hi Joseph,

I have already tried to do the recovery ticket and I received an error that the account I entered did not exist. However, Minecraft gives me the error message stating I need to sign in with my previous linked account and provides the gamer tag.

When I entered my gamertag into the recovery form, it states the account does not exist.
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

If you're not able to recover the account unfortunately you may need to use a different PSN account if you want to play minecraft with friends
  6. Paige P1 Win User

If that’s the case, would I then have to repurchase the Minecraft game and PlayStation Plus on the new PS account?
Thema:

1. Cannot play Minecraft with friends - I don’t know my Microsoft email. - Similar Threads - Cannot play Minecraft

2. My brother and I cannot play Minecraft Java Edition together on LAN

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My brother and I cannot play Minecraft Java Edition together on LAN: I recently purchased a copy of Minecraft Java + Bedrock edition for my older brother this holiday season with the intent of us to be able to play the game together. However, we have had multiple...
  3. I cannot allow my kid to play minecraft online with his friends

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot allow my kid to play minecraft online with his friends: I have read multiple tutorials, and as per microsoft you have changed the GUI for family safety. There is no "content restriction" site anymore on family safety. This is where It was recommended...
  4. I cannot play minecraft multiplayers even though i have changed my privacy setting (i am...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot play minecraft multiplayers even though i have changed my privacy setting (i am...: I cannot play minecraft multiplayer despite having changed the privacy settings. 1dbbc217-a165-4499-ae9f-7d7117f9c153
  5. Minecraft: "You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft account is set...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft: "You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft account is set...: Hello, Long-time Xbox user and Minecraft player. We are using Xbox Family to manage child accounts. Both of my children have an active Xbox Game Pass subscription. Both are playing on Xbox One....
  6. On Minecraft Java Edition I cannot hit the play button it says create username but won't...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    On Minecraft Java Edition I cannot hit the play button it says create username but won't...: I am logged into my Microsoft account and Minecraft java edition has been bought already, but when I click the game and then click the play button, a screen pops up that says create username, when...
  7. Minecraft- Cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft Account is set up

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft- Cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft Account is set up: At my wits end here. I just bought Minecraft in the xbox store. I've set all my privacy settings to allow, and I don't have a child account, but I can't play minecraft multiplayer. It says "Cannot...
  8. Cannot play Minecraft for Windows (Bedrock) even though I own it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot play Minecraft for Windows (Bedrock) even though I own it: I purchased Minecraft Java a long time ago and redeemed the bedrock edition. I recently migrated my mojang account to a microsoft account. However, now in the minecraft launcher, only Java edition...
  9. My account got overtaken by another, and now i cannot play minecraft java

in XBoX on Windows
    My account got overtaken by another, and now i cannot play minecraft java: I am looking for compensation as this does not seem like my fault as I never gave out my password and someone using security info *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***...
  10. I cannot play Minecraft on my PS5 anymore.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot play Minecraft on my PS5 anymore.: I tried to login to Minecraft after not playing for a few months bc all of my friends in my group are starting a Realm together. I am completely unable to login on my PS5 and after completing the...