Cannot Open Xbox Games on PC - Receiving Error Code 0x800700c1

Discus and support Cannot Open Xbox Games on PC - Receiving Error Code 0x800700c1 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, This is day 5 of not being able to open any Xbox Games on my PC. I have updated where updates are available and to no avail. Any other game... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Shinobu Kocho 1992, May 14, 2022.

1. Cannot Open Xbox Games on PC - Receiving Error Code 0x800700c1

Hello,

This is day 5 of not being able to open any Xbox Games on my PC. I have updated where updates are available and to no avail. Any other game platform works. Steam, Epic games, Battle.net and so on, all are working fine. This is specifically a Xbox network issue.

I have uninstalled and re-installed all 3 games shown below and still cannot open them.

Is this on my end or on MS's end?

Thanks in advance

Cannot Open Xbox Games on PC - Receiving Error Code 0x800700c1 [​IMG]

:)

Shinobu Kocho 1992, May 14, 2022
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi Shinobu! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

This error is usually because some registry corrupted entries, if is the only app giving you issues you could try this

Open RegEdit as an administrator and delete the following Services:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServices]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServicesNet]

Reboot PC

Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.

In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers

In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.

Restart your device and try to install the game again.

If after this you still have issues, you should try to restore to a previous point your PC
  3. Zeldris_L'Esecutore Win User

Error code: (0x800700c1) , PC Game Pass

Hello, sickbrain. Thanks for reaching out. I'm Lucas, an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be glad to help you out.

Did you try reinstalling the Gaming Services? If not, please try it:

- Go to Start > Search for PowerShell > Right Click > Run as Administrator.

- In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:

- In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:

- Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.

- Restart your device and try lauching the games again.

See if this works and please let me know. This is a very basic troubleshooting step. If it doesn't work, there are a lot of other more complex steps to try. Just let me know and we'll go through them.
    Omg thanks man, I had the same problem and now I have solved thanks to you. Really thank you again. Italy thanks you.
  4. Lucas Lauer Win User

Error code: (0x800700c1) , PC Game Pass

Hello, sickbrain. Thanks for reaching out. I'm Lucas, an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be glad to help you out.

Did you try reinstalling the Gaming Services? If not, please try it:

- Go to Start > Search for PowerShell > Right Click > Run as Administrator.

- In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:

- In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:

- Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.

- Restart your device and try lauching the games again.

See if this works and please let me know. This is a very basic troubleshooting step. If it doesn't work, there are a lot of other more complex steps to try. Just let me know and we'll go through them.
  5. NeoGeode Win User

Issue with Error 0x800700c1 when launching (only newly downloaded) PC Game Pass games.

Hi Josef,

Thank you for your reply, although it did seem copy/pasted from a different answer since I wasn't asking about Forza, so I'm not sure if this applies to my issue. I tried each of these steps in turn and was not able to resolve the issue. It continues to be the same problem - older games open just fine, but I cannot play any newly downloaded game due to error 0x800700c1.
  6. XBF - Tali Win User

Tried to Fix halo infinite sign in loop, now I cant download gaming services to Redownload

Hello JM557,

Thank you for your response and for clarifying the error that is being received. To confirm, is this the error code you are receiving when you attempt to download the game through the Xbox app? I know your opening post mentioned that you cannot download the gaming service, so I want to be sure that you have access to the Xbox app before we troubleshoot further.

Thank you,

-Tali
Thema:

1. Cannot Open Xbox Games on PC - Receiving Error Code 0x800700c1 - Similar Threads - Cannot Open Games

2. I recently bought xbox game pass and it expired and now I cannot open minecraft because I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I recently bought xbox game pass and it expired and now I cannot open minecraft because I...: Hello, I bought minecraft xbox 1 edition a couple years ago, and was given a new version of minecraft because of that. Now I recently bought the xbox game pass and cancelled it, and now it is...
  3. Installed games not showing in library anymore and cannot be opened through start menu...

in XboX Insiders
    Installed games not showing in library anymore and cannot be opened through start menu...: -Xbox app had a problem and after reinstalling gaming service I can't see my installed games -If I search the store for the game it says "install" instead of "play" -The correct installation...
  4. Xbox error "windows cannot access the specified device Error while trying to open games"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox error "windows cannot access the specified device Error while trying to open games": Hello sir, i can't play games at xbox windows and get notification error : Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the...
  5. Cannot open the game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot open the game: Hello I can not open the game starbound because if I try to open it it comes with a error instantly. 2fe83ce5-fd5c-4eac-b69c-0e0b8e5774a7
  6. Don’t get how to open a game - cannot work it out

in XboX Insiders
    Don’t get how to open a game - cannot work it out: Links just say ‘get ready to play’ and clicking on it just asks me to add the shortcut to the Home Screen. Am I missing something here as no games do anything different submitted by /u/Delid4ve...
  7. When I open a game, I cannot use any of the function "A", "Y", "X" etc from PC.

in XboX Insiders
    When I open a game, I cannot use any of the function "A", "Y", "X" etc from PC.: When I open a game, I cannot use any of the function "A", "Y", "X" etc from PC. The pc doesnt have a controller and the Keyboard doesnt map to these buttons. submitted by /u/Cryptotypical...
  8. Cannot open Sea of Thieves game (Please read entire post before commenting)

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot open Sea of Thieves game (Please read entire post before commenting): I inconsistently get this error when attempting to open Sea of Thieves through the microsoft store/xbox game app: Sea of Thieves is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are...
  9. Xbox Game cannot open **Solved.**

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game cannot open **Solved.**: I have XBox Gamepass, I have already installed few games. But some of them can no longer be open after a few days like "Age of Empire 2" and "Hearts of Iron 4", but Surviving mars can be always...
  10. 极速竞技 地平线4无法打开游戏[Translation-Speed Horizon 4 cannot open the game]

in XBoX on Windows
    极速竞技 地平线4无法打开游戏[Translation-Speed Horizon 4 cannot open the game]: 终极版 直接闪退 配置肯定是达 的 win10 x64 1909 [Translation-Ultimate Version Direct Flashback The configuration is definitely the standard win10 x64 1909] 0d427c33-ec79-4737-82ee-dd93dd60cdb9