Cannot load "March of Empires: War of Lords" after windows update

Discus and support Cannot load "March of Empires: War of Lords" after windows update in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Cannot load "March of Empires: War of Lords" after windows update App/game loads to 37% then reports error msg: ga.lgn.2501.401 googling this... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Brutus_320, Jun 3, 2023.

1. Brutus_320
    Brutus_320 Guest

App/game loads to 37% then reports error msg:

ga.lgn.2501.401

googling this error msg brings up many other similar reports

**********HOWEVER the app/game works when I logon to another profile on the same PC

How can I fix my profile?

2 updates installed on May 26. 2023

2023-05 Cumulative Update Preview for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for Windows 11, version 22H2 for x64 (KB5026515)

2023-05 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5026446)

Previous Windows update I also reported an issue on this forum: Cannot Access Saved Game "March of Empires" since game updated on April 1 2023 https://www.microsoft.com/p/march-of-empires-war-of-lords/9nblggh33zdv?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

:)

Brutus_320, Jun 3, 2023
  2. WattyNuela Win User

Hello Brutus, may I know if you can try to install the updates and see if the issue returns?

“I still don't understand why the game worked on a different profile on the same PC?”, just to check if this was just a coincidence
  3. Brutus_320 Win User

Success!!! As Manuela suggested, I removed the recently installed Windows updates and now the game works again with no more effort!

I still don't understand why the game worked on a different profile on the same PC?

Thank you Manuela
  4. WattyNuela Win User

Hello there, this is Manuela!. I'm an Independent Advisor and community user like you, ready to assist with this.
    Not a Microsoft employee.

I'm sorry to hear you're not able to play March of Empires after a Windows update, Brutus_320.

Let's try to sort this out, for this. Please try removing first the recently installed Windows updates by following the steps provided here:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/how...

Make sure to disable temporarily automatic updates before performing this possible solution.

If the issue persists, may I know from where did you download the game? From the Microsoft store / Xbox app, Steam or which marketplace?
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

March of empire: War of lords not loading

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Jeff

In order to assist you properly please answer the following questions:

Is this happening on Xbox or PC?

If its on Xbox, what console do you have?

If its on PC, are you on windows 11 or 10?

Do you have the game installed on C: drive (PC) <Internal storage if you're on Xbox> or did you installed the game on a external hard drive?

Is this happening only with this game?

And what did you tried so far to fix this?

In that way I can advise you different things or how to proceed
  6. Rostom L Win User

Cannot Access Saved Game "March of Empires" since game updated on April 1 2023

Hi there!

Just to confirm, is this the game you're referring exactly from the link below?
    https://www.microsoft.com/p/march-of-empires-wa...

What exactly happens when you access or launch the game after the update on your regular PC? Are you getting any error code or error message?

How about your other games? Are you able to play your other games just fine?

Be sure to login your correct account from the Xbox app and Microsoft Store.

Don't forget to check for Windows updates and get all available updates from the Microsoft Store.

Check for Windows updates - https://support.microsoft.com/windows/update-wi...

Get updates from Microsoft Store - https://support.microsoft.com/account-billing/g...
Thema:

1. Cannot load "March of Empires: War of Lords" after windows update - Similar Threads - Cannot load March

2. Cannot get starfield to load recent save on gamepass cloud. Will only load a save from 2...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot get starfield to load recent save on gamepass cloud. Will only load a save from 2...: Cannot get starfield to load recent save on gamepass cloud. Will only load a save from 2 months ago. I am not starting over. fa3c7687-65f9-4c38-814a-8e3532841706
  3. I cannot play Dishonored definitive edition, the game is stuck on loading screen infinitely

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot play Dishonored definitive edition, the game is stuck on loading screen infinitely: Hello, I am a new game pass member, I wanted to play Dishonored game series but I strictly cannot play the game as it is stuck in an infinite loading screen. Never have experienced such problem...
  4. How do I fix this if nothing in my house connected to internet cannot load anything...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I fix this if nothing in my house connected to internet cannot load anything...: It started as my Microsoft store on my Xbox wouldn’t work so I did a few things to try and fix it and finally I reset it and then I couldn’t put account back on my Xbox it would just get stuck...
  5. I cannot load into my xbox profile.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot load into my xbox profile.: Because the moment i turn on the xbox and select my profile it wont let me but the other profiles on the xbox work just not mine and i need to get into it urgently...
  6. suddenly cannot load M/soft solitaire and casual games. Played for years, premium subscription

in XBoX Games and Apps
    suddenly cannot load M/soft solitaire and casual games. Played for years, premium subscription: cannot load m/soft solitaire and casual games. Played for years as premium subscriber 19f666b3-f25a-4fba-a417-19341ca12945
  7. I cannot load into my Minecraft Realm

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot load into my Minecraft Realm: I have started my own realm with friends, and cannot load into it. This is on Minecraft: Java and Bedrock Edition for PC (from Microsoft Store) I recently migrated from the old version, so am...
  8. Infinite loading screen, cannot sign in.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Infinite loading screen, cannot sign in.: Whenever I open the new minecraft launcher, I click "sign in with microsoft account" (because that's the account I have) and then it shows the loading screen with the blue and yellow cubes, but...
  9. I cannot get my child’s Minecraft world to load onto new tablet

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot get my child’s Minecraft world to load onto new tablet: I am hoping someone can help!!! My daughter has a Fire 10 7th generation and we are trying to transfer her works to the new Fire 10 11th generation. Here is what I have done so far: 1. Copies...
  10. I cannot purchase robux, even after i load another payment option

in XBoX on Windows
    I cannot purchase robux, even after i load another payment option: I cannot purchase robux, even after i load another payment option c8eb9c3f-3290-45db-9ac2-9f110f2cdf56