Cannot link my facebook account through Xbox Console companion

Discus and support Cannot link my facebook account through Xbox Console companion in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Okay every time I try to link my Facebook account to my Xbox account, I receive the following message: URL Blocked: This redirect failed because the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by cmclv, Nov 7, 2019.

1. cmclv
    cmclv Guest

Okay every time I try to link my Facebook account to my Xbox account, I receive the following message:

URL Blocked: This redirect failed because the redirect URI is not whitelisted in the app’s Client OAuth Settings. Make sure Client and Web OAuth Login are on and add all your app domains as Valid OAuth
    Redirect URIs.

Frankly, I have no idea on how this is happening and I have been seeing a lot of other people have the same struggle I am having. Is there any possible fix to this yet or anything that is being used as a solution for this?

:)

cmclv, Nov 7, 2019
  2. kenhultman Win User

I run Microsoft Jigsaw under XBox on Windows 10. I tried using the Microsoft Settings ->Apps->Microsoft Jigsaw -> Move button to move the app to the D: drive. Doing this broke the app as discussed above. I tried the suggested procedure above -- I got
    the Xbox to connect using my facebook accounnt; however, the jigsaw game continued to indicate that it would not connect to xbox.com.

I then again used the Microsoft Settings -> apps->microsoft jigsaw -> Move command to move the app back to the C: drive where it was originally. Now jigsaw comes up connected to xbox.com and I have my data restored from the server. In other words, it
    works on the C: drive but not on the D: drive.
  3. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi cmclv,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. I'd be happy to help!

Have you only tried using the Xbox Console Companion app to link accounts?

Do you have an Xbox One console? I know you can link accounts through there. On your Windows 10 PC, you can also link your Xbox account to social accounts through the Xbox Game Bar or the Xbox (Beta) app.

Make sure that you have the May 2019 update version 1903: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028685/windows-10-get-the-update

Once Windows 10 is fully up to date:

1. Press Windows logo key + G to open Game Bar.
    2. Select Settings > Accounts.
    3. Sign in to Xbox Live (most linked accounts require it), choose a social network from the list, press
      Link, then follow the prompts.

Download the Xbox (Beta) app: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/xbox-beta/9mv0b5hzvk9z?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

1. Select Profile & settings in the upper right corner, then choose
      Settings > Account.
    2. Sign in to Xbox Live, choose a social network from the list, press Link, then follow the prompts.

Let us know if that helps!
  4. XBF Diego M Win User

Can't link Xbox App with Facebook Account on PC

Hi Nerfect Pobody,

I'm not sure what support page you got that information from, but I guess that is how the developers require your data to sync from one device to another on the same platform.

If that's the case, is Facebook the only social network the developers require? Have you tried linking the accounts on Facebook's website or app, or only through the Xbox Companion app? I had no issue linking my Facebook account on my Xbox One console
    through the console's account settings so it could either be the Xbox app or Facebook's account servers.
  5. darkist1 Win User

XBox Live not connecting to Facebook: OAuth Error

Apparently this link no longer exists and has been removed.

In a previous post, there was a work around posted for this problem

"I unlinked Facebook completely on the Xbox companion app on my PC.
    I then downloaded the Xbox app onto my phone and connected it using the phone app. it connected fine and the Xbox companion app on my pc then updated with my Facebook linked to it with no further problems. works fine now"
  6. Thanatomorphose Win User

Xbox Console Companion won't connect to Facebook

I had the same issue, but found a way around it.

I unlinked Facebook completely on the Xbox companion app on my PC.

I then downloaded the Xbox app onto my phone and connected it using the phone app. it connected fine and the Xbox companion app on my pc then updated with my Facebook linked to it with no further problems. works fine now
Thema:

1. Cannot link my facebook account through Xbox Console companion - Similar Threads - Cannot link facebook

2. My Xbox account and Ubisoft account are already linked but I cannot link the Ubisoft+...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox account and Ubisoft account are already linked but I cannot link the Ubisoft+...: So, I've had my Xbox and Ubi accounts for 14+ years. I always log in to my Ubisoft account by logging in with the Xbox option as they are already linked. I haven't had access to the email address...
  3. We cannot find the email address link to fornite on my sons Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    We cannot find the email address link to fornite on my sons Xbox: I have contacted epic games and given the following ref my son:- Xbox gamer Id Email address connected to Xbox Evidence of fortnite purchases via Xbox/microsoft account Fornite works fine and...
  4. I want to change which Microsoft account my Minecraft account is linked to but I cannot...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I want to change which Microsoft account my Minecraft account is linked to but I cannot...: So I have a minecraft account linked to a microsoft account which is connected to my previous email. Recently i was asked to log in again in the launcher for some reason, i put in the email and...
  5. Cannot link Steam and Xbox. Failed to update please try again later

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot link Steam and Xbox. Failed to update please try again later: I go to Linked Acoounts on my Xbox series x. I have been able to link Discord, twitch and reddit. But Steam fails to link. I send phone notification and click to link. I get error "Failed to...
  6. Cannot link Steam and Xbox accounts

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot link Steam and Xbox accounts: I cannot link my Steam and Xbox accounts. I have tried to link my Steam account in the Xbox app settings on Windows 10 but I keep getting the message: "Try again soon. We can't link right now." I...
  7. Fix for "Cannot link Microsoft Account to Playstation Account in Minecraft"

in XBoX Accessibility
    Fix for "Cannot link Microsoft Account to Playstation Account in Minecraft": I just want to share this fix that I've found for not being able to login to PS4/PS5 Minecraft with a Microsoft Account. If you're having this issue, change your PlayStation account (PSN) email...
  8. Cannot link Xbox account to EA to Access Xbox Game Pass Games

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot link Xbox account to EA to Access Xbox Game Pass Games: I am using xbox pc game pass and am attempting to play an EA game through game pass. However, whenever I try and install the game I get the following message from the EA app "something went wrong,...
  9. Cannot link Microsoft Account to Playstation Account in Minecraft

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot link Microsoft Account to Playstation Account in Minecraft: I purchased Minecraft and several Add-ons through the Playstation Store. I can download and play Minecraft but do not have access to any of the Add-ons. I tried to link my Microsoft Account to my...
  10. Cannot link Facebook Account - Something went wrong there. Select Find friends to try again.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot link Facebook Account - Something went wrong there. Select Find friends to try again.: Hello All, I have been having this issue for years! I for some reason cannot link my xbox account with my facebook account. I have constant support many times with no resolutions. I have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why cant i connect my facebook account yo xbox xompanion