Cannot link Facebook Account - Something went wrong there. Select Find friends to try again.

Discus and support Cannot link Facebook Account - Something went wrong there. Select Find friends to try again. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello All, I have been having this issue for years! I for some reason cannot link my xbox account with my facebook account. I have constant support... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by eXoBLaCKY, Oct 20, 2017.

1. eXoBLaCKY
    eXoBLaCKY Guest

Cannot link Facebook Account - Something went wrong there. Select Find friends to try again.

Hello All,

I have been having this issue for years! I for some reason cannot link my xbox account with my facebook account. I have constant support many times with no resolutions. I have attempted to link via xbox.com and the xbox app on windows 10 as well as on the
    physical device. I am allowed to sign in and "link" the account but when I click to search for friends I get the error

"Something went wrong there. Select Find friends to try again."

I have verified with support that all security/restrictive settings on both the xbox side and the facebook side are proper - It just always errors. Suggestions?

Thanks

Cannot link Facebook Account - Something went wrong there. Select Find friends to try again. [​IMG]

:)

eXoBLaCKY, Oct 20, 2017
  2. Suggested friends section Find Facebook Friends link problem issue on xbox one console

Hi

I have a issue already on my xbox one is that i try to link my facebook account to xbox one to find facebook friends and i received a error message : Something went wrong there. Select Find friends to try again but i try again i received a same error message
    and please help how can i solved this issue ? and the same error message also on microsoft website when i log in i go to my xbox profile find facebook friends .

Zansatshusha86, Oct 20, 2017
  3. mroseneoV
    mroseneoV Guest
    Find Facebook Friends Not Working

Hi guys,

I have been trying to set up "Find Facebook Friends" for months but keep getting an error on all platforms, Win10 Xbox App, xbox.com, and also the new Xbox Android App.

Error message:

Something went wrong there. Select Find friends to try again.

I have tried going into Facebook, removing Xbox from connected Apps. This will prompt Facebook login again next time I try to use "Find Facebook Friends", but it still gives the error.

Attaching Screenshots as well. My account is

Shared photos 6-16-2016

Thanks for your help,

Michael

mroseneoV, Oct 20, 2017
  4. eXoBLaCKY
    eXoBLaCKY Guest

Cannot link Facebook Account - Something went wrong there. Select Find friends to try again. [​IMG]

eXoBLaCKY, Oct 20, 2017
  5. eXoBLaCKY
    eXoBLaCKY Guest

this error is on the xbox app on windows 10

eXoBLaCKY, Oct 20, 2017
  6. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest
    Because it doesn't work.Never did work properly & & now it doesn't seem to work at all.

I think it's a issue at Facebooks end but not 100% sure but there's nothing you can do.

Daft Badger, Nov 1, 2018
  7. eXoBLaCKY Win User

[​IMG]

this error is on the xbox app on windows 10
  8. Daft Badger Win User

Because it doesn't work.Never did work properly & & now it doesn't seem to work at all.

I think it's a issue at Facebooks end but not 100% sure but there's nothing you can do.
  9. eXoBLaCKY Win User

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  10. AE71 Win User

can't see anyone's friends list on xbox.com

I cant link my xbox account to my facebook to look for friends....its says on facebook that i'm connected..but not on the xbox...i dont get the new link under it do disconnect either...and when i check my account on the web...it just get a message that something
    went wrong...try again...but still nothing happens....
  11. Rikenzu Win User

How to unlink my xbox live account from facebook account?

I need help with something a little different. I made an Xbox Live account, and i had linked my facebook to it prior to finding out there was something wrong with it and i couldnt get into it. I closed the account, but didn't unlink Facebook first. Now Facebook
    is stuck linked to the old account, with no way to log in to it to unlink it. The new profile has no issues, but i can't link my Facebook to it cause its still linked to the closed account. Can anyone help me with that?
Thema:

1. Cannot link Facebook Account - Something went wrong there. Select Find friends to try again. - Similar Threads - Cannot link Facebook

2. My Xbox account and Ubisoft account are already linked but I cannot link the Ubisoft+...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox account and Ubisoft account are already linked but I cannot link the Ubisoft+...: So, I've had my Xbox and Ubi accounts for 14+ years. I always log in to my Ubisoft account by logging in with the Xbox option as they are already linked. I haven't had access to the email address...
  3. We cannot find the email address link to fornite on my sons Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    We cannot find the email address link to fornite on my sons Xbox: I have contacted epic games and given the following ref my son:- Xbox gamer Id Email address connected to Xbox Evidence of fortnite purchases via Xbox/microsoft account Fornite works fine and...
  4. I want to change which Microsoft account my Minecraft account is linked to but I cannot...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I want to change which Microsoft account my Minecraft account is linked to but I cannot...: So I have a minecraft account linked to a microsoft account which is connected to my previous email. Recently i was asked to log in again in the launcher for some reason, i put in the email and...
  5. Cannot link Steam and Xbox. Failed to update please try again later

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot link Steam and Xbox. Failed to update please try again later: I go to Linked Acoounts on my Xbox series x. I have been able to link Discord, twitch and reddit. But Steam fails to link. I send phone notification and click to link. I get error "Failed to...
  6. Cannot link Steam and Xbox accounts

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot link Steam and Xbox accounts: I cannot link my Steam and Xbox accounts. I have tried to link my Steam account in the Xbox app settings on Windows 10 but I keep getting the message: "Try again soon. We can't link right now." I...
  7. Fix for "Cannot link Microsoft Account to Playstation Account in Minecraft"

in XBoX Accessibility
    Fix for "Cannot link Microsoft Account to Playstation Account in Minecraft": I just want to share this fix that I've found for not being able to login to PS4/PS5 Minecraft with a Microsoft Account. If you're having this issue, change your PlayStation account (PSN) email...
  8. Cannot link Xbox account to EA to Access Xbox Game Pass Games

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot link Xbox account to EA to Access Xbox Game Pass Games: I am using xbox pc game pass and am attempting to play an EA game through game pass. However, whenever I try and install the game I get the following message from the EA app "something went wrong,...
  9. Cannot link Microsoft Account to Playstation Account in Minecraft

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot link Microsoft Account to Playstation Account in Minecraft: I purchased Minecraft and several Add-ons through the Playstation Store. I can download and play Minecraft but do not have access to any of the Add-ons. I tried to link my Microsoft Account to my...
  10. Cannot link my facebook account through Xbox Console companion

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot link my facebook account through Xbox Console companion: Okay every time I try to link my Facebook account to my Xbox account, I receive the following message: URL Blocked: This redirect failed because the redirect URI is not whitelisted in the app’s...