Cannot link account due to not having access to email

Discus and support Cannot link account due to not having access to email in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Is there a way to unlink my activision account from xbox? I'm not able to do it through support because due to their policy or whatever support cannot... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by HUNTERHERO1234, Jul 10, 2022.

1. Cannot link account due to not having access to email

Is there a way to unlink my activision account from xbox? I'm not able to do it through support because due to their policy or whatever support cannot change account details.

And I also no longer have access to that email that is connected to my activision account as of 2-3 years ago and I was able to recover it the first time I did it I was able to recover it on my own because the google account recognized my devices and such but the second time the hacker must've clicked "REVOKE ALL TRUSTED DEVICES" (or similar) and when I tried to recover none of the options worked. My last resort was contacting google and I knew my email completely and I was able to provide whatever proof it needed but google did NOT reply to me within 30 days and a few days of being hacked I noticed there was a deletion request. Google still till this day did not reply to my recovery request.

I do not want my xbox linked to a account I cannot fully control.

:)

HUNTERHERO1234, Jul 10, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great despite the issue you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

I'm sorry but unlinking an in-game account is only available through Activision for your reference, you can check this link: https://support.activision.com/articles/managin...

You may need to reach out to them so they can guide you with the necessary steps to perform.

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
  3. Rostom L Win User

Can I speed up the process of changing the recovery email?

Hi there!

Due to our account safety and security, it's already part of the process. We cannot bypass the 30-day waiting period. You really have to wait unless you have access to the old security information linked with your account.

Thanks,
  4. Tomm_A Win User

Can't access miscrofoft account and no lucky getting support...

Hello GETWITHEFUTUR,

Thank you for your prompt response.

What do you mean 'we do not have access to the email'? Is it the alternate email added in the security information of the account?

If the account is still active and the only issue is you are unable to reset password due to cannot access the verification code, then our option is to recover the account through the account recovery process established by Microsoft, Just to set your expectation that support in community and our live support channel cannot send verification links to reset password because Microsoft account is totally managed and handled by an automated server and we don't have manual access to it because Microsoft really takes our security and privacy very seriously.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Sincerely,

5. Gerardo CG Win User

Can't cancel a subscription

Hi there, my name is Gerardo and I'm an Xbox player like you. I'll be happy to help.

You will need to try a procedure to try to remember the email address of your account since to cancel from the Xbox side it is necessary to have access to the account and it's necessary to know the account email:

1. Go to the following link:

https://account.live.com/username/recover

2. Enter an alternative email that you have associated with your account or a number linked to it.

NOTE: If you do not have an alternative email or a number linked to the account then unfortunately they will not be able to remind you of the main email of the account even if you know your Xbox Gamertag since the Xbox Support team cannot give that type of information due to privacy and account security policies, I hope you understand this.

Even so, I recommend you try the recommendations in the following link:

https://support.xbox.com/help/account-profile/manage-account/forgot-microsoft-account-solution

If you still cannot regain access to your account, you will need to contact your bank directly and request them to stop accepting any further charges from Microsoft. This way, the automatic renewal of your subscription will be canceled when the system detects it cannot process the charge, and they will stop billing your card.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you, and please understand that in this forum, we are also players like you, trying to assist other players.

Best regards.
  6. giorgos tsagklis Win User

My account has been hacked

No i have not and in the website link u provided says i have to make a recovery account but i have many times Microsoft said via email that my account cannot be recovered due to not enough information, my guess is along side with my email being changed to rambler.ru several details may have changed too
Thema:

1. Cannot link account due to not having access to email - Similar Threads - Cannot link account

2. My Xbox account and Ubisoft account are already linked but I cannot link the Ubisoft+...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox account and Ubisoft account are already linked but I cannot link the Ubisoft+...: So, I've had my Xbox and Ubi accounts for 14+ years. I always log in to my Ubisoft account by logging in with the Xbox option as they are already linked. I haven't had access to the email address...
  3. I want to change which Microsoft account my Minecraft account is linked to but I cannot...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I want to change which Microsoft account my Minecraft account is linked to but I cannot...: So I have a minecraft account linked to a microsoft account which is connected to my previous email. Recently i was asked to log in again in the launcher for some reason, i put in the email and...
  4. Cannot link Steam and Xbox accounts

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot link Steam and Xbox accounts: I cannot link my Steam and Xbox accounts. I have tried to link my Steam account in the Xbox app settings on Windows 10 but I keep getting the message: "Try again soon. We can't link right now." I...
  5. Fix for "Cannot link Microsoft Account to Playstation Account in Minecraft"

in XBoX Accessibility
    Fix for "Cannot link Microsoft Account to Playstation Account in Minecraft": I just want to share this fix that I've found for not being able to login to PS4/PS5 Minecraft with a Microsoft Account. If you're having this issue, change your PlayStation account (PSN) email...
  6. Cannot link Xbox account to EA to Access Xbox Game Pass Games

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot link Xbox account to EA to Access Xbox Game Pass Games: I am using xbox pc game pass and am attempting to play an EA game through game pass. However, whenever I try and install the game I get the following message from the EA app "something went wrong,...
  7. Cannot link Microsoft Account to Playstation Account in Minecraft

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot link Microsoft Account to Playstation Account in Minecraft: I purchased Minecraft and several Add-ons through the Playstation Store. I can download and play Minecraft but do not have access to any of the Add-ons. I tried to link my Microsoft Account to my...
  8. Cannot link Xbox app account on windows to Microsoft account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot link Xbox app account on windows to Microsoft account.: I have a Xbox account on the Xbox app on windows, and I want to link that account to my Microsoft account. But I already have a Xbox-profile linked to my Microsoft account. How can I remove the...
  9. PlayStation Minecraft Cannot link to Microsoft Account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PlayStation Minecraft Cannot link to Microsoft Account: I recently purchased the PS4 version of Minecraft for my son. I set up a new PSN account specifically for him and then tried to sign into his existing Microsoft account (which he uses on PC and...
  10. Cannot link PlayStation account to Minecraft/Microsoft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot link PlayStation account to Minecraft/Microsoft: Hey all. Currently, I cannot link my PS4 Version of Minecraft to my Microsoft Account. I initially tried logging in after dusting off my PS4 and updating Minecraft to the latest version, but was...