Cannot Launch MSFS 2020

Discus and support Cannot Launch MSFS 2020 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I recently purchased a new version of MSFS 2020 because I rebuilt my PC and the version I purchased in 2020 was no longer available in my MS Store... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by George Sirinakis, Jun 4, 2023.

1. Cannot Launch MSFS 2020

I recently purchased a new version of MSFS 2020 because I rebuilt my PC and the version I purchased in 2020 was no longer available in my MS Store library for some reason. The version I purchased today is from Xbox and it installed in C:\xbox games directory. When I try to Play it does not launch and I get the follwoing error:

• "cannot access the specified device, path or file."
    • It is looking for files in C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\MicrosoftFlightSimulator_1.32.7.0_x64_8wekyb3d8bbwe..." which was the folder from my previous MSFS installation that I no longer have.
    I have uninstalled the app several times but something is directing teh app to look for files in a directory that does not exist.

Thoughts welcome!

Thank you.

:)

George Sirinakis, Jun 4, 2023
  2. WattyNuela Win User

Cannot Launch MSFS 2020

Hello, George. This is Manuela. I'm an Independent Advisor and community user like you, ready to assist with this.

Not a Microsoft employee.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this unexpected inconvenience while trying to launch Microsoft Flight Simulator. Let's try to sort this out.

Try this possible solution:

“Reinstall the Gaming Services app on your Windows 10/11 device:

Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.

In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers

In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.

Restart your device and try to install the game again.”

You can review this by visiting the next article:

https://support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/troubl...

If the inconvenience persists, please try performing the other possible solutions provided in the same article.

I'll look forward to your feedback.
  3. elwookienator Win User

Can not update or install games through Xbox GamePass PC

tried that still getting error 0x80070141 :(

cannot install state of decay, msfs 2020 or fallout 76
  4. sandbender Win User

Can't reinstall MSFS 2020 on Windows 10

On October 30, 2021, I tried downloading again, and it worked. After the download, I was able to launch MSFS 2020, reinstall all the updates, and fly.
  5. AlanFink1 Win User

Flight Simulator 2020 on Mac with bootcamp

Tried MSFS 2020 using Parallels 16 (configured to use 6 cores and 32gb ram) on 2018 Mac Mini, 64gb Ram, Blackmagic eGpu Pro (Radeon Vega 56). Even though at MSFS program launch it says computer does not meet min specs, it does launch. However runs very
    poorly. So no go under windows virtualization.
  6. Poetic Phoenix 3 Win User

moving away from steam

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good night

First you need to uninstall the game through steam, and then install it from the microsoft store.

If you have already made the purchase through the microsoft store, confirm here:

https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders/
    I tried the following

Here are the steps I followed

1. Remove MSFS 2020 from steam

2. Delete the steam account on the steam web page

3. Uninstall steam on my PC

4. Go to MSFS store and buy MSFS 2020

5. Install MSFS 2020

6. Launch by double clicking the application.

-- When I did this I got an error about this gamertag already connected to some other or something like that. ---

Did I miss something?
Thema:

Cannot Launch MSFS 2020

1. Cannot Launch MSFS 2020 - Similar Threads - Cannot Launch MSFS

2. Sorry we couldnt complete your request error pops up and cannot launch any games

in XboX Insiders
    Sorry we couldnt complete your request error pops up and cannot launch any games: . submitted by /u/Evening-Argument3746 [link] [comments]
  3. Cannot launch a game on Xbox PC All error codes here: 0x87E10BD0, 0x800704c7, 0x80070005

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot launch a game on Xbox PC All error codes here: 0x87E10BD0, 0x800704c7, 0x80070005: Middle-earth™: Shadow of War™ is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in to the Microsoft Store and try again. Here's the error code, in case you need it: 0x87E10BD0....
  4. cannot launch PC Xbox app games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    cannot launch PC Xbox app games: I have an active XBox PC pass. PC specs are ok - ryzen 5700X, 32gb ram, Radeon 6900XT... Steam games run with no issues Since beginning of November I cannot launch XBox app games, they were...
  5. How to fix popup "You cannot Unable to launch Multiplayer Session because of how your...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix popup "You cannot Unable to launch Multiplayer Session because of how your...: I was playing Fallout 76 a couple hours ago fine on my Xbox one, but now when I try to play it I get this popup. If I press ok it has me put in my password, and then a popup asking me if I want to...
  6. You cannot Unable to launch multiplayer session because of how your Microsoft Account is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    You cannot Unable to launch multiplayer session because of how your Microsoft Account is...: You cannot Unable to launch multiplayer session because of how your Microsoft Account is set up. I have followed al the safety instructions. I have game pass ultimate. I can not open my online...
  7. I got a prompt before starting a game, "You cannot unable to launch MP session..."

in XBoX on Windows
    I got a prompt before starting a game, "You cannot unable to launch MP session...": I am attempting to play Fallout 76, I have GP Ultimate, and for the first time I got a message before I was able to sign in that reads, "You cannot unable to launch multiplayer session because of...
  8. Cannot launch any of the free installed games on Xbox x

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot launch any of the free installed games on Xbox x: Cannot launch any of the free installed games on Xbox x Tired reboot, factory reset, etc 1266069e-56cf-42c3-9ed7-7ba3fff8186a
  9. FH5 will not launch after several different things and FM7 cannot connect to multiplayer on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    FH5 will not launch after several different things and FM7 cannot connect to multiplayer on...: I am getting really mad. I have repaired and reset FH5, update my PC and drivers, and the game still will not launch. I hit play and it syncs data, then just closes. I am really upset. FM7 is also...
  10. Cannot Launch MSFS

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot Launch MSFS: Since a mandatory update last week I cannot get Microsoft Flight Simulator to launch, the shortcuts only take me to the Microsoft Store. It worked fine before. I have the MSFS Premium Deluxe...