Cannot join parties or install games

Discus and support Cannot join parties or install games in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Recently I reconnected my Xbox back to the internet and faced a couple of issues. Firstly, when I attempted to install a game it went to my queue yet... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by LukeP123, Feb 18, 2022.

1. LukeP123
    LukeP123 Guest

Recently I reconnected my Xbox back to the internet and faced a couple of issues.

Firstly, when I attempted to install a game it went to my queue yet is downloading at 0.00B/S with no progress being made whatsoever.

I can also not join parties in the sense that as soon as I join a party I am connecting forever and it will eventually remove me.

I have restarted and reset my Xbox several times along with unplugging the power cord and still no luck.

Any suggestions?

:)

LukeP123, Feb 18, 2022
  2. L4c3rd4 Win User

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey LukeP123, how are you today? Hope you're well.

There are a few things we could try.

First:

Press the Xbox button.

Move right to the System Tab.

Scroll down and select Settings.

Scroll down to Network.

Select Network Settings.

Scroll down and select Advanced Settings.

Scroll down and select Alternate MAC Address.

Select the Clear button, then restart your console.

Then:

Press the Xbox button on your controller.

Go to Settings.

Select Network.

Select Network Settings.

Select Advanced Network Settings.

Select DNS Settings.

Select Manual and enter the following: Primary 8.8.8.8. Secondary 8.8.4.4.

And also, try to configure your router that way:

Call your internet service provider, and ask them to open the ports described below on your router.

Port 88 (UDP)

Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)

Port 53 (UDP and TCP)

Port 80 (TCP)

Port 500 (UDP)

Port 3544 (UDP)

Port 4500 (UDP)

Also ask to disable and then, enable it again the UPnP function and if you have a modem and a router the process has to be done on both devices.

Besides, ask them to put their console's IP in the DMZ zone configuration.

(To find the Xbox One IP address, press the Xbox button to open the dashboard, go to System > Settings > General > Network settings, then select Advanced settings.)

Hope it helps. :)
  3. DESA xx Win User

Can't connect to parties POST update.

Am also having this issue since the update. Cannot join parties, cannot invite people to party i've started either. Error message, 'can't connect to xbox live party'. Can join game invite and can invite people to game without any issues. Will try the above
    when I get home, fingers crossed.
  4. DENAz666 Win User

Cannot Join Games Or Parties

Hey dude,

Just because you both have the same NAT's, doesn't mean you'll be able to play together. What type of NAT do you both have?

Here is a description of each of the NAT types:

Open NAT: With an OPEN NAT type, you’re able to chat with other people, as well as join and host multiplayer games with people who have any NAT type on their network.

Moderate NAT: With a MODERATE NAT type, you’re able to chat and play multiplayer games with some people; however, you might not be able to hear or play with others, and normally you won’t be chosen as the host of a match.

Strict NAT: With a STRICT NAT type, you’re only able to chat and play multiplayer games with people who have an OPEN NAT type. You can’t be chosen as the host of a match.

So if you are either moderate or strict, that could be the reason. Some further tips on how you can solve the problem can be found here:

support.xbox.com/.../nat-error-solution

Hope this helps:)

Cheers

Denaz
  5. SiLeNt Ph0eNiX Win User

Cannot join party or game

6. WillisStalemate Win User

Xbone not letting me join 360 party or games and other way around.

it was ment to be this way. You cannot join parties or games with people that arent on the same system you are on
Thema:

1. Cannot join parties or install games - Similar Threads - Cannot join parties

2. I cannot join parties after comm ban expires

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I cannot join parties after comm ban expires: I can’t join parties after my comm ban, I have an error whenever I try to join yet I can create my own, invite and earlier when I did to my friends I could then join parties but it would be...
  3. Cannot join friend's singleplayer minecraft world and vice versa, but both able to join 3rd...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Cannot join friend's singleplayer minecraft world and vice versa, but both able to join 3rd...: We are both on bedrock version 1.19.08.2 on mobile, both got minecraft from the same place. We are able to connect to 3rd party servers but when we try to join each others single player worlds...
  4. Cannot join the xbox ambassadors program but there's no suspension history on my account

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot join the xbox ambassadors program but there's no suspension history on my account: EDIT: I see it says Xbox ambassador on my profile on the forms, but I can't view the ambassador page and it says I was removed Hey Everyone, I went to join the Xbox ambassadors and for some...
  5. I cannot continue an online game with my friends. It's says that cannot join the game. For...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I cannot continue an online game with my friends. It's says that cannot join the game. For...: I cannot continue an online game with my friends. It's says that cannot join the game. For overcooked 2. We used to play and invite my friend with no problem two days ago and now it is imposible...
  6. Why when my wife in the same house cannot join my game on mw3 yet i can join her. When she...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why when my wife in the same house cannot join my game on mw3 yet i can join her. When she...: Please help this is very annoying and has worked fine untill about 1 week ago dac03f3b-baf6-41de-a943-6d0519670b5c
  7. How do I fix “you cannot join or host public games as one or more players are not allowed...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix “you cannot join or host public games as one or more players are not allowed...: I’m on Minecraft Xbox 360 edition and when I try to join mini games I get sent you cannot join or host public games as one or more players are not aallowed to play multiplayer games on Xbox live...
  8. I cannot join my friend nor can he join me in xbox one games. We both have xbox series...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I cannot join my friend nor can he join me in xbox one games. We both have xbox series...: I cannot join my friend nor can he join me in xbox one games. We both have xbox series consoles. f8b46043-3d91-4bb2-9867-388c6e3a7c7c
  9. It says due to suspension i cannot join a party

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    It says due to suspension i cannot join a party: It says due to a suspension i cannot join party 02a9d6b0-d332-4067-8793-58280a402d01
  10. Cannot join parties on xbox app, as it automatically kicks me upon making one/joining me.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Cannot join parties on xbox app, as it automatically kicks me upon making one/joining me.: It works on my console, and it’s on xbox app IOS, meaning i cannot check network. 564680f2-75b8-437c-8a5d-d05fd65f089a