Cannot join or create multiplayer on minecraft due to child account

Discus and support Cannot join or create multiplayer on minecraft due to child account in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I’ve been dealing with this for the past three days and have no solution. I’ve been trying to join minecraft servers, and host them on my xbox one but... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by RabiesIcon, Jan 17, 2021.

1. RabiesIcon
    RabiesIcon Guest

I’ve been dealing with this for the past three days and have no solution. I’ve been trying to join minecraft servers, and host them on my xbox one but it says i cant due to my child account settings. I don’t have a child account at all I’m the main account
    and my settings for online are all set to allow. I’ve tried everything in the book and nothings help. Please help.

:)

RabiesIcon, Jan 17, 2021
  2. PaganSmurf Win User

Child's gamertag missing from parents Privacy & online safety settings

We are having the same issues where the child account cannot join realms on an iOS device but if we log that account into a PC it IS able to join the realm

On iOS its giving the account cannot join multiplayer games message
  3. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Clubs?

An xbox club includes the possibility to join online multiplayer games and communicate among club members, all these features are locked by default in a child's account for protection reasons. It is normal that a child's account cannot join clubs.
  4. StarSeeker89172 Win User

How do I play on servers and with friends on Minecraft?

"You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft account is set up. Review and change your privacy settings at aka.ms/accountsettings."

This was breaking me. But with hours of searching and trying different things this was the key:

To join a Realm in the first place, the xbox setting You can create and join Clubs must be set to Allow.

So even though I had allowed my child to join multiplayer games, they still could not join my Realm.

You can adjust Join Clubs on the Xbox One console or in a browser.

Xbox One Console:

Login as the parent/adult in the family

Account > Family Settings

Choose child's profile

Privacy & online safety

Xbox Live privacy

View details & customise

Friends & clubs

You can create and join clubs: ALLOW

Communication & multiplayer

You can join multiplayer games: Allow

You can play with people outside of Xbox Live: Allow

In a Browser:

https://account.xbox.com/Profile & sign in

Privacy Settings

Choose the Child Account you wish to amend

Choose Xbox One/Windows 10 Online Safety

Adjust the following:

You can play with people outside of Xbox Live: Allow (not sure if this is needed, but as Minecraft is cross-platform I adjusted this)

You can create and join clubs: ALLOW

You can join multiplayer games: Allow
  5. SL4SHthegamer Win User

Chancging onilne privacy settings on Xbox.com

im trying to change the "Create and join clubs" setting and my account is an adult account

And yes i cant join "Realms" in Minecraft due to this
  6. CarTzy Win User

Multiplayer in Minecraft Java for pc.

Hello Kids Dad,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

I can see that you're having trouble with Minecraft Java multiplayer. Just to clarify, Minecraft Java and Minecraft Bedrock are two different versions of the game, and they have different multiplayer options.

For Minecraft Java, you can play multiplayer by either joining a server or creating your own server. To join a server, you'll need to know the server's IP address and port number. To create your own server, you can use software like Minecraft Server.

If you're trying to play Minecraft Bedrock multiplayer, you'll need to make sure that your child has an Xbox Live account and that their account is set up for online multiplayer. You can check this by going to the Xbox website and signing in with your child's account. From there, go to the "Privacy & online safety" section and make sure that "Join multiplayer games" is set to "Allow".

If you've already done this and your child still can't play multiplayer, it's possible that there may be an issue with your network settings or firewall. You may want to try resetting your router or contacting your internet service provider for assistance.

Please see: How to Play Minecraft: Java Edition Multiplayer | Minecraft Help / Minecraft | Xbox Support / Manage a member’s safety settings to access Minecraft features | Xbox Support

We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
Thema:

1. Cannot join or create multiplayer on minecraft due to child account - Similar Threads - Cannot join create

2. I cannot join parties after comm ban expires

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I cannot join parties after comm ban expires: I can’t join parties after my comm ban, I have an error whenever I try to join yet I can create my own, invite and earlier when I did to my friends I could then join parties but it would be...
  3. Cannot join friend's singleplayer minecraft world and vice versa, but both able to join 3rd...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Cannot join friend's singleplayer minecraft world and vice versa, but both able to join 3rd...: We are both on bedrock version 1.19.08.2 on mobile, both got minecraft from the same place. We are able to connect to 3rd party servers but when we try to join each others single player worlds...
  4. Cannot join the xbox ambassadors program but there's no suspension history on my account

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot join the xbox ambassadors program but there's no suspension history on my account: EDIT: I see it says Xbox ambassador on my profile on the forms, but I can't view the ambassador page and it says I was removed Hey Everyone, I went to join the Xbox ambassadors and for some...
  5. I cannot continue an online game with my friends. It's says that cannot join the game. For...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I cannot continue an online game with my friends. It's says that cannot join the game. For...: I cannot continue an online game with my friends. It's says that cannot join the game. For overcooked 2. We used to play and invite my friend with no problem two days ago and now it is imposible...
  6. Why when my wife in the same house cannot join my game on mw3 yet i can join her. When she...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why when my wife in the same house cannot join my game on mw3 yet i can join her. When she...: Please help this is very annoying and has worked fine untill about 1 week ago dac03f3b-baf6-41de-a943-6d0519670b5c
  7. How do I fix “you cannot join or host public games as one or more players are not allowed...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix “you cannot join or host public games as one or more players are not allowed...: I’m on Minecraft Xbox 360 edition and when I try to join mini games I get sent you cannot join or host public games as one or more players are not aallowed to play multiplayer games on Xbox live...
  8. I cannot join my friend nor can he join me in xbox one games. We both have xbox series...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I cannot join my friend nor can he join me in xbox one games. We both have xbox series...: I cannot join my friend nor can he join me in xbox one games. We both have xbox series consoles. f8b46043-3d91-4bb2-9867-388c6e3a7c7c
  9. How come people cannot join me unless I add them as friend? (Xbox Series S)

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How come people cannot join me unless I add them as friend? (Xbox Series S): This is a problem I've been having for a long time. Basically, anytime I try to invite someone to a game and they are not on my friends' list, they always get an error message upon trying to join...
  10. It says due to suspension i cannot join a party

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    It says due to suspension i cannot join a party: It says due to a suspension i cannot join party 02a9d6b0-d332-4067-8793-58280a402d01