Cannot install via Game Pass even I have an active subscription?

Discus and support Cannot install via Game Pass even I have an active subscription? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; [img] Hey all! I hope you guys can help me regarding this issue I've been having since 2 days ago. I cannot install games that are part of the Game... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Keith Walter Obidas, Mar 12, 2023.

1. Cannot install via Game Pass even I have an active subscription?

Cannot install via Game Pass even I have an active subscription? [​IMG]
    Hey all!

I hope you guys can help me regarding this issue I've been having since 2 days ago.

I cannot install games that are part of the Game Pass in the Xbox App. It keeps me directed to buy a subscription but I already have an active one.

Also, I am getting an error even though I opted to buy a subscription saying I have a Game Pass from a different region. (see the picture attached.)

I already contacted support but no response or call from them as of the moment.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

-Kitharo721

:)

Keith Walter Obidas, Mar 12, 2023
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Keith, this is really strange, because this kind of message would appear if you had an active subscription from another region and tried to buy one from another region.

In this case, the ideal would be to contact support via chat using the link below.

Go to: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us/
  3. RainingRoses Win User

GamePass subscription will end and download did not finish yet?

Hi Quast.M

Yes, I believe it would continue installing without an active subscription (both gold and/or game pass).

To install game pass games initially or play them, obviously you would need to have an active game pass subscription. Although to continue installing a game, you started downloading, you won’t need a subscription. You can even install games and apps signed
    out or signed in on another profile.

Hope this helps 😊
  4. AP4RK Win User

Do the games I got from Xbox Game Pass remain playable if I cancel my Game Pass subscription and renew it later?

Games on Game Pass are only playable with an active Game Pass or Ultimate subscription. If Darksiders III has been taken off Game Pass, it will no longer be playable even if you still have it installed.
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

can i play games without a console and windows if can how to do it since when i click install it says that i have to install it using console or windows

You can only play games via the cloud that are both part of game pass, and you have a game pass ultimate subscription

You cannot play random games from the Windows store, you have to install anything not part of Game Pass
  6. SammyVS Win User

Halo Multiplayer Required?

By subscribing to the Game Pass Ultimate with Live Gold active you are informed that your subscription will be converted and a conversion fee will apply.

Even without a subscription it is possible to play a game you have purchased, you just cannot play paid games online.

Free games like Fortnite, Warzone and Apex Legends no longer need an active subscription to play online.
Thema:

1. Cannot install via Game Pass even I have an active subscription? - Similar Threads - Cannot install via

2. I cannot install Xbox app on my Windows 11 PC? I get this message: We weren't able to...

in XBoX on Windows
    I cannot install Xbox app on my Windows 11 PC? I get this message: We weren't able to...: I cannot install Xbox app on my Windows 11 PC? I get this message from Windows 11: "We weren't able to install the app (0x80073CF6)" 31635452-d5bb-429e-a940-28a80cf9fb78
  3. Windows Cannot Access The Specified Device, Path, or File" Error When You Try to Install,...

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows Cannot Access The Specified Device, Path, or File" Error When You Try to Install,...: Ok so I was playing Fortnite and for a while I got off to take a break, 3hrs later I return (nothing has changed) and when I launch I get the issue in the title. I have tried literally everything...
  4. Hello, I own an Xbox Series S. I cannot install it from my phone. Remote play is on, but I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello, I own an Xbox Series S. I cannot install it from my phone. Remote play is on, but I...: Hello, I logged in to my Microsoft account from the Xbox application, then I clicked on the console section and it asked me to define it. I said to install it first. I got the TV code, but the...
  5. Cannot install MSFS: Premium Deluxe Edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot install MSFS: Premium Deluxe Edition: Hi all, I need assistance with following problem. Scenario: I have redeemed a code to purchase MSFS: Premium Deluxe Edition. When I try to install and launch from above page to XBox app, I...
  6. Cannot install large games onto my large HDD, since XBOX App requires 4k cluster size,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot install large games onto my large HDD, since XBOX App requires 4k cluster size,...: Hi, A long while ago (many years), I purchased ONE game from the MS store and after running into so much trouble, I never even considered using the MS store ever again for purchasing games. Now...
  7. Cannot Install or use any Xbox Apps on new laptop

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot Install or use any Xbox Apps on new laptop: I recently purchased a new Acer Aspire 3 15 running on windows 11 and have been consistently having issues using any Xbox related app. This includes the main Xbox app and xbox gaming services....
  8. Cannot install Xbox app for my PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot install Xbox app for my PC: Hey, I'm having a really weird issue. I'm just trying to download the Xbox app for Windows. I have plenty of space on both of my hardrives, have a fine internet connection, nothing obvious wrong....
  9. XBox app cannot be installed on a freshly installed Windows 11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBox app cannot be installed on a freshly installed Windows 11: Reinstalled windows today (2023-12-02) and unable to install Xbox app, I've downloaded it from the XBox website, and the installer keep looping though the words: - making things awesome -...
  10. I cannot download/install XBOX app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot download/install XBOX app: So I just added a new SSD to my slot 2 on motherboard, properly formatted and tried to re-install Starfield on it, which failed for some reasons. Then I started to get BSOD after startup so...