Cannot install two tiny bits of DLC, 'Installation Stopped' for over two weeks.

Discus and support Cannot install two tiny bits of DLC, 'Installation Stopped' for over two weeks. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all, as above. Trying to play the Witcher 3 (I have a digital copy) and there are two bits of DLC that keep getting 'installation stopped'. I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DUS DarkMellie, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Cannot install two tiny bits of DLC, 'Installation Stopped' for over two weeks.

Hi all,

as above. Trying to play the Witcher 3 (I have a digital copy) and there are two bits of DLC that keep getting 'installation stopped'.

I have tried;

• installing on both internal and external drives
    • deleted the rest of the game and reinstalled again
    • tried 'resume installation' many times
    • deleted the two bits of DLC and tried again
    • left the download going overnight
    • cleared local saved games
    Most importantly, I have power-cycled the xbox, the router and the modem and unplugged from power after each of the above steps. I have also tried every step multiple times.

At this point, feels like the two DLCs are corrupt on whatever download server I'm connecting to.

Any ideas?

:)

DUS DarkMellie, Nov 8, 2019
  2. WPAK Win User

Hi there,

just to be sure, please try the following:

1. Remove/Cancel the current installation for those 2 DLC items.
    2. Power cycle the console via the manual power cycle steps like mentioned on the following link, be sure to wait at least 60 seconds before powering on again:

http://support.xbox.com/en-us/xbox-one/console/power-cycle-console
    3. Download something else, like a demo or other game, which is at least the size of the two DLC items.
    4. When the download is completed, try and download the 2 DLC items again.

Let us know the results
  3. yobrizo Win User

Minecraft Dungeons

normally, many dlc are only operational on the main account and not on the secondary account, that is, they cannot be installed on two consoles
  4. IceStorm III Win User

storage solution?

[quote user="Overlords box"]Is it possible to take DLC's and put them onto a USB device[/quote]Most DLC will install/copy to a USB Memory Unit.
    and copy them over to my HDD on my PC and copy them back onto the Xbox when I need them?
    No. DLC
    cannot be copied to a PC.

As of the latest update, the 360 supports up to two 32GB USB Memory Units at a time. That should be plenty of room for two games per stick and all the game DLC.
  5. Alan Stuart Win User

where to download new XBL update

The update is not being installed to all Xboxes today. It is being deployed in stages over the next two weeks. If you connectg to LIVE and are not prompted to install an update, then your console hasn't been flagged for the update yet.
  6. Onyx Is Here Win User

Buying Xbox 360 DLC on a standalone Xbox 360 and playing it through Xbox 360 emulation on Xbox One

Yes. If the DLC is available in the game it should transfer over to the backwards compatible titles. It may take up to a day or two to appear in the Game's Ready to Install section
Thema:

1. Cannot install two tiny bits of DLC, 'Installation Stopped' for over two weeks. - Similar Threads - Cannot install tiny

2. I cannot install Xbox app on my Windows 11 PC? I get this message: We weren't able to...

in XBoX on Windows
    I cannot install Xbox app on my Windows 11 PC? I get this message: We weren't able to...: I cannot install Xbox app on my Windows 11 PC? I get this message from Windows 11: "We weren't able to install the app (0x80073CF6)" 31635452-d5bb-429e-a940-28a80cf9fb78
  3. Windows Cannot Access The Specified Device, Path, or File" Error When You Try to Install,...

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows Cannot Access The Specified Device, Path, or File" Error When You Try to Install,...: Ok so I was playing Fortnite and for a while I got off to take a break, 3hrs later I return (nothing has changed) and when I launch I get the issue in the title. I have tried literally everything...
  4. Hello, I own an Xbox Series S. I cannot install it from my phone. Remote play is on, but I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello, I own an Xbox Series S. I cannot install it from my phone. Remote play is on, but I...: Hello, I logged in to my Microsoft account from the Xbox application, then I clicked on the console section and it asked me to define it. I said to install it first. I got the TV code, but the...
  5. Cannot install MSFS: Premium Deluxe Edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot install MSFS: Premium Deluxe Edition: Hi all, I need assistance with following problem. Scenario: I have redeemed a code to purchase MSFS: Premium Deluxe Edition. When I try to install and launch from above page to XBox app, I...
  6. Cannot install large games onto my large HDD, since XBOX App requires 4k cluster size,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot install large games onto my large HDD, since XBOX App requires 4k cluster size,...: Hi, A long while ago (many years), I purchased ONE game from the MS store and after running into so much trouble, I never even considered using the MS store ever again for purchasing games. Now...
  7. Cannot Install or use any Xbox Apps on new laptop

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot Install or use any Xbox Apps on new laptop: I recently purchased a new Acer Aspire 3 15 running on windows 11 and have been consistently having issues using any Xbox related app. This includes the main Xbox app and xbox gaming services....
  8. Cannot install Xbox app for my PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot install Xbox app for my PC: Hey, I'm having a really weird issue. I'm just trying to download the Xbox app for Windows. I have plenty of space on both of my hardrives, have a fine internet connection, nothing obvious wrong....
  9. XBox app cannot be installed on a freshly installed Windows 11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBox app cannot be installed on a freshly installed Windows 11: Reinstalled windows today (2023-12-02) and unable to install Xbox app, I've downloaded it from the XBox website, and the installer keep looping though the words: - making things awesome -...
  10. I cannot download/install XBOX app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot download/install XBOX app: So I just added a new SSD to my slot 2 on motherboard, properly formatted and tried to re-install Starfield on it, which failed for some reasons. Then I started to get BSOD after startup so...