cannot install or update or login to xbox live to clear space on console for update - stuck

Discus and support cannot install or update or login to xbox live to clear space on console for update - stuck in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; We have a 4GB Xbox 360. Today my son downloaded the Hulu app to watch Hulu Live TV. He said it downloaded and he watched some TV. He then turned off... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Scoutdog1425, Apr 9, 2018.

1. Scoutdog1425
    Scoutdog1425 Guest

cannot install or update or login to xbox live to clear space on console for update - stuck

We have a 4GB Xbox 360. Today my son downloaded the Hulu app to watch Hulu Live TV. He said it downloaded and he watched some TV. He then turned off the xbox. When he turned it back on it said he needed to download an update,
    but that there is not enough space to do it. It also won't find our normal profile account to allow him to login and free up some space on the console. It suggests attaching an external xbox storage device to allow the update to install. We do not have
    one of those.

Any ideas? At least of how to get on how to be able to login to clear some space? Thanks for any help you can provide.

:)

Scoutdog1425, Apr 9, 2018
  2. can't. download xbox update

c ant connect to xbox live everytime i try it says install update and doesnt download status code begins 3f4b ends 2ee2 connections are fine just wont install update to get on xbox live cleared cache made sure i have enough space tried reonstallin profile
    nothings working its just stuck

FlintySum554155, Apr 9, 2018
  3. Targa Ray
    Targa Ray Guest
    I Have Absolutely NO Intention on Keeping My Xbox One Connected to the Internet

so on re-connection to xbox live.. "Login" would be just as Fast as it is now to login to xbox live on ONE as it is now to login to Xbox 360..??

I have read of people having issues Connecting to Live and Loging Back In after disconnection from live..

------------------------------------------

Then updates.

1, Xbox one latest Console updates

About how often does the Xbox ONE Console get updates?

------------------------------------------------------

2, Title updates

Will I be prompted, like with Windows Update?

(Check for Updates but let me Choose weather to download and install)

Prompted to update Each GAME that has been given an up date, as I wish and when I want to..

But before I play it?

I may NOT want to update them all..

Nothing Auto is a desired Features or Service, "unless" I can choose to Auto update or Not. Can I choose if it's a good time to allocate ressources to update only the ONE game that I am goint to play?.. If I only want to update one and get to that game,
    or skip all updates and just check messages can I??

Targa Ray, Apr 9, 2018
  4. Scoutdog1425
    Scoutdog1425 Guest

I formatted a flash drive to be a storage unit on the xbox and then downloaded the update and downloaded our profile. Seems to work. Just not sure if I now need to leave the flash drive in permanently

Scoutdog1425, Apr 9, 2018
  5. Hi there,

We appreciate reaching out to us with this issue. We understand your frustration with this issue and have a few tips to try. If the console doesn't seem to be formatted, you can

format the hard drive
    to clear up some room. You would have to download the profile again afterward and download any apps you wanted to keep, but it would clear anything on the drive that existed before. Also, keep in mind that updates will take up a significant
    amount of space on the 4gb drives. Thank you.

Mister Taurus, Nov 1, 2018
  6. Mister Taurus Win User

Hi there,

We appreciate reaching out to us with this issue. We understand your frustration with this issue and have a few tips to try. If the console doesn't seem to be formatted, you can

format the hard drive
    to clear up some room. You would have to download the profile again afterward and download any apps you wanted to keep, but it would clear anything on the drive that existed before. Also, keep in mind that updates will take up a significant
    amount of space on the 4gb drives. Thank you.
  7. Scoutdog1425 Win User

I formatted a flash drive to be a storage unit on the xbox and then downloaded the update and downloaded our profile. Seems to work. Just not sure if I now need to leave the flash drive in permanently
  8. KhajiBower34 Win User

My fortnite has corrupted and won't reinstall.

- Check Xbox Live Status: Make sure Xbox Live services are working properly,
    - Check your hard drive space: Make sure you have enough space on your hard drive to install the game
    - Update your console: Make sure your Xbox One console is updated to the latest version

If you have reset the console, try these steps.
  9. Metaphorically Win User

not enough storage

Game generally require space if you're installing them on the hard drive, game saves and updates. The 2.1GB could be the Xbox's way of telling you there won't be enough space for additional Xbox dashboard updates and title updates for the games. Try clearing
    some of the add-ons that you don't use anymore or any installed games.
  10. Nkosana23 Win User

How to fix Xbox installations/updates stuck at 0.0%

Hi. My name is Brilliant, an independent advisor. I am happy to assist you today.

If you are experiencing issues with Xbox installations or updates getting stuck at 0.0%, there are several steps you can take to resolve the issue:

1. Check your internet connection: Ensure that your Xbox is connected to the internet and that your internet connection is stable. You can try resetting your router or modem to see if that helps.

2. Restart your Xbox: Try restarting your Xbox console by holding down the power button for 10 seconds. Wait for the console to shut down completely, then turn it back on and try the installation/update again.

3. Clear the cache: Clearing the cache on your Xbox can help resolve issues with installations and updates. To do this, press and hold the power button on your Xbox until it turns off. Unplug the power cord from the back of the console and wait for 10 seconds. Plug the power cord back in and turn on your Xbox.

4. Cancel and restart the installation/update: If none of the above steps work, you can try canceling the installation/update and restarting it. To do this, go to My games & apps > Queue, select the installation/update that is stuck, and then select Cancel. Once the installation/update is canceled, try downloading it again.

5. Check for Xbox Live service outages: If you are still experiencing issues, check the Xbox Live status page to see if there are any service outages that could be affecting your Xbox.

I hope this helps.
Thema:

1. cannot install or update or login to xbox live to clear space on console for update - stuck - Similar Threads - cannot install update

2. I cannot install Xbox app on my Windows 11 PC? I get this message: We weren't able to...

in XBoX on Windows
    I cannot install Xbox app on my Windows 11 PC? I get this message: We weren't able to...: I cannot install Xbox app on my Windows 11 PC? I get this message from Windows 11: "We weren't able to install the app (0x80073CF6)" 31635452-d5bb-429e-a940-28a80cf9fb78
  3. Windows Cannot Access The Specified Device, Path, or File" Error When You Try to Install,...

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows Cannot Access The Specified Device, Path, or File" Error When You Try to Install,...: Ok so I was playing Fortnite and for a while I got off to take a break, 3hrs later I return (nothing has changed) and when I launch I get the issue in the title. I have tried literally everything...
  4. Hello, I own an Xbox Series S. I cannot install it from my phone. Remote play is on, but I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello, I own an Xbox Series S. I cannot install it from my phone. Remote play is on, but I...: Hello, I logged in to my Microsoft account from the Xbox application, then I clicked on the console section and it asked me to define it. I said to install it first. I got the TV code, but the...
  5. Cannot install MSFS: Premium Deluxe Edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot install MSFS: Premium Deluxe Edition: Hi all, I need assistance with following problem. Scenario: I have redeemed a code to purchase MSFS: Premium Deluxe Edition. When I try to install and launch from above page to XBox app, I...
  6. Cannot install large games onto my large HDD, since XBOX App requires 4k cluster size,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot install large games onto my large HDD, since XBOX App requires 4k cluster size,...: Hi, A long while ago (many years), I purchased ONE game from the MS store and after running into so much trouble, I never even considered using the MS store ever again for purchasing games. Now...
  7. Cannot Install or use any Xbox Apps on new laptop

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot Install or use any Xbox Apps on new laptop: I recently purchased a new Acer Aspire 3 15 running on windows 11 and have been consistently having issues using any Xbox related app. This includes the main Xbox app and xbox gaming services....
  8. Cannot install Xbox app for my PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot install Xbox app for my PC: Hey, I'm having a really weird issue. I'm just trying to download the Xbox app for Windows. I have plenty of space on both of my hardrives, have a fine internet connection, nothing obvious wrong....
  9. I cannot update/install any games on Xbox PC Application after updating it and Games...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot update/install any games on Xbox PC Application after updating it and Games...: To be honest, this is starting to grow VERY frustrating. I cannot understand why on Earth am I not able -in this age- to play a game I BOUGHT WITH MY MONEY because some very weird issue keeps...
  10. Error code 0x80070199 - cannot install or update any games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error code 0x80070199 - cannot install or update any games: Error code 0x80070199 - cannot install or update any games. Ive run a repair on both the gaming services and xbox app. Could I have someone help me resolve this please? Thanks...