Cannot install latest Game Services update

Discus and support Cannot install latest Game Services update in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Cannot install Gaming Services update and is preventing me from opening MSFS2020. comes up with an 0x error code. Anyone know how I can resolve this ?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by EddieWill1, May 31, 2021.

1. EddieWill1
    EddieWill1 Guest

Cannot install Gaming Services update and is preventing me from opening MSFS2020. comes up with an 0x error code. Anyone know how I can resolve this ?

:)

EddieWill1, May 31, 2021
  2. XBF Aicha T Win User

3. Ian Greenmont Win User

Gaming Services Taking Too Long To Install

Hi Georges C,

I have updated Windows 11 and it is the latest version, 22H2

All Apps in Microsoft Store are up to date,

Xbox Companion App is installed and up to date,

I still have the same problem. 'Installing Gaming services, This may take a few minutes', but it's not taking minutes, it's taking hours with no progress in sight.

I also cannot find this Gaming services app in my 'Installed apps' List in Windows either.

Can you please help further?

Thank you.

N.B - I have just purchased Microsoft Flight Simulator but I cannot even install this game as I have found out this installs through the Xbox app and it requires 'Gaming Services'. Please help!
  4. Gabe Bodnar Win User

I cannot install gaming services for the life of me

i am signed into microsoft store and the xbox app with the same account, my windows 11 and xbox app is up to date, i have used wsreset.exe on the microsoft store numerous times now, i follow each wsreset with an attempt to download gaming services either through the xbox app, or through microsoft store using the gaming services page i can access by putting the "start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN" command in powershell. none of these solutions have solved the problem, downloading from the xbox app still does nothing and the microsoft store still freezes the second i click install on the gaming services page. i cannot update gaming services because it isnt installed, i still cannot get it to install.

For clarification i am not having issues with updating gaming services, i am having issues INSTALLING gaming services. i was having other issues with gaming services before hand and the fix i followed involved uninstalling and reinstalling gaming services, the problem is that i cannot re install gaming services, NOT that i cannot update it. i do not have the app installed and i am trying to install it. reinstalling gaming services is quite literally the last step in the fix of the previous issues, but now i have a different one. (not being able to REINSTALL gaming services)
  5. Mauro Oliv Win User

Can't install anything on the game pass app for PC

Same problem, I can't install new games, the problem is in the latest update of the Gaming Service (3.63.31001.0) by removing it the games can be reinstalled on any drive, but it will reinstall and block downloads again.

Is there a way to install previous versions of the Gaming Service that had no problems, because it was updated on the Windows 11 Desktop and the Windows 10 portal that recently had no problem.

Unusual that Microsoft lets pass updates that directly destroy the Xbox app and even damage the system.
  6. vetvideogamer65 Win User

Xbox one games does not update.

Since the latest beta-test system update, I cannot update Forza 5. Having same issue as Kombatlaw (above). If I uninstall, then re-install, I may lose my game save (correct me if I am wrong).
Thema:

1. Cannot install latest Game Services update - Similar Threads - Cannot install latest

2. I cannot install Xbox app on my Windows 11 PC? I get this message: We weren't able to...

in XBoX on Windows
    I cannot install Xbox app on my Windows 11 PC? I get this message: We weren't able to...: I cannot install Xbox app on my Windows 11 PC? I get this message from Windows 11: "We weren't able to install the app (0x80073CF6)" 31635452-d5bb-429e-a940-28a80cf9fb78
  3. Windows Cannot Access The Specified Device, Path, or File" Error When You Try to Install,...

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows Cannot Access The Specified Device, Path, or File" Error When You Try to Install,...: Ok so I was playing Fortnite and for a while I got off to take a break, 3hrs later I return (nothing has changed) and when I launch I get the issue in the title. I have tried literally everything...
  4. Hello, I own an Xbox Series S. I cannot install it from my phone. Remote play is on, but I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello, I own an Xbox Series S. I cannot install it from my phone. Remote play is on, but I...: Hello, I logged in to my Microsoft account from the Xbox application, then I clicked on the console section and it asked me to define it. I said to install it first. I got the TV code, but the...
  5. Cannot install MSFS: Premium Deluxe Edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot install MSFS: Premium Deluxe Edition: Hi all, I need assistance with following problem. Scenario: I have redeemed a code to purchase MSFS: Premium Deluxe Edition. When I try to install and launch from above page to XBox app, I...
  6. Cannot install large games onto my large HDD, since XBOX App requires 4k cluster size,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot install large games onto my large HDD, since XBOX App requires 4k cluster size,...: Hi, A long while ago (many years), I purchased ONE game from the MS store and after running into so much trouble, I never even considered using the MS store ever again for purchasing games. Now...
  7. Cannot Install or use any Xbox Apps on new laptop

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot Install or use any Xbox Apps on new laptop: I recently purchased a new Acer Aspire 3 15 running on windows 11 and have been consistently having issues using any Xbox related app. This includes the main Xbox app and xbox gaming services....
  8. Cannot install Xbox app for my PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot install Xbox app for my PC: Hey, I'm having a really weird issue. I'm just trying to download the Xbox app for Windows. I have plenty of space on both of my hardrives, have a fine internet connection, nothing obvious wrong....
  9. XBox app cannot be installed on a freshly installed Windows 11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBox app cannot be installed on a freshly installed Windows 11: Reinstalled windows today (2023-12-02) and unable to install Xbox app, I've downloaded it from the XBox website, and the installer keep looping though the words: - making things awesome -...
  10. I cannot download/install XBOX app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot download/install XBOX app: So I just added a new SSD to my slot 2 on motherboard, properly formatted and tried to re-install Starfield on it, which failed for some reasons. Then I started to get BSOD after startup so...