Cannot install games on xbox app getting the 0x0000001 error. Have followed all advice on...

Discus and support Cannot install games on xbox app getting the 0x0000001 error. Have followed all advice on... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi there, I bought game pass a few weeks ago and as of yet have been unable to play anything. I cannot install games and keep getting the 0x00000001... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Sarah_Caffiend, Dec 2, 2021.

1. Cannot install games on xbox app getting the 0x0000001 error. Have followed all advice on...

Hi there,

I bought game pass a few weeks ago and as of yet have been unable to play anything. I cannot install games and keep getting the 0x00000001 error code. I have tried the following advice 1) updating my system and the xbox app 2) running the Powershell command as admin 3) repairs and resetting the xbox app. I am unable to request a call back because everytime I try I get told their is a problem at their end. I cannot find a contact number and I am getting very frustrated. Any advice?

:)

Sarah_Caffiend, Dec 2, 2021
  2. Sarah_Caffiend Win User

Cannot install games on xbox app getting the 0x0000001 error. Have followed all advice on the support page can't speak to a human :(

Hi there,

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm afraid I am still having the same problem after trying your solution. Any other tips?
  3. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Cannot install games on xbox app getting the 0x0000001 error. Have followed all advice on the support page can't speak to a human :(

Hi Sarah_Caffiend! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Please verify in Windows update that you don't have any pending updates, after this try installing the console companion app and log in with the same account as the Xbox app

If that doesn't work try this

Open RegEdit as an administrator and delete the following Services:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServices]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServicesNet]

Reboot PC

****Install gaming service like you would normally

https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9MWPM...

Install Xbox Identity Provider

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/xbox-identity...
  4. peterso1337 Win User

Error Code 0x87e00017 Installing Games On PC

Thanks for the reply. I followed all steps with admin. Unfortunately they did not resolve my issue. I also tried network reset, reinstalling Xbox app, signing into another account then switching back. All did not solve the error code.

Any other games included with my Gamepass also cannot be install. Any further advices are appreciated.
  5. JandelRodriguez Win User

Can't install Forza Horizon 5 on the Xbox app using Game Pass (PC)

You get the error 0x0000001 right ?
  6. Jestrix Win User

Windows 11 - XBox App and Xbox Game Pass - Unable to install any game (error 0x00000001)

Same issue. Win 10, all the latest updates (including optional ones). Tried the reset of games services via Powershell Line, tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Tried running in safe mode.

At this point, the app won't even install the essential Games Services, it starts, but never finishes. Can't install or run any games EXCEPT Astroneer that was installed before this issue began. (I also had Back 4 Blood and Age of Empires 4 installed, but they would not run). I uninstalled those games in hopes of reinstalling.. but yeah, just get error 0x0000001.
Thema:

Cannot install games on xbox app getting the 0x0000001 error. Have followed all advice on...

1. Cannot install games on xbox app getting the 0x0000001 error. Have followed all advice on... - Similar Threads - Cannot install games

2. Cannot install large games onto my large HDD, since XBOX App requires 4k cluster size,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot install large games onto my large HDD, since XBOX App requires 4k cluster size,...: Hi, A long while ago (many years), I purchased ONE game from the MS store and after running into so much trouble, I never even considered using the MS store ever again for purchasing games. Now...
  3. I cannot install some of the games the error code ox80073cf3 xbox app pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot install some of the games the error code ox80073cf3 xbox app pc: I cannot install some of the games the error code ox80073cf3 [img] c725698f-89b7-4651-adea-57caa7703bc1
  4. I cannot install any games on pc game pass and when I try to install it just says error...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot install any games on pc game pass and when I try to install it just says error...: I have already tried antivirus uninstalling, reinstalling game services, and updating my device but nothing works. 10a3f9bd-51f8-411b-9332-8b1e635cac9a
  5. Cannot launch any of the free installed games on Xbox x

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot launch any of the free installed games on Xbox x: Cannot launch any of the free installed games on Xbox x Tired reboot, factory reset, etc 1266069e-56cf-42c3-9ed7-7ba3fff8186a
  6. Cannot install or run gamepass games across 4 different devices.

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot install or run gamepass games across 4 different devices.: Hi I have an 2 PCs, an Xbox One X, and just today have bought and Xbox Series X. I am having seemingly related problems across all devices. On both the xboxes the Microsoft store app takes a...
  7. Xbox game pass cannot install game on external SSD

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox game pass cannot install game on external SSD: The problem started around 1/2 months. I was not able to download games on my external SSD. When I click on my external SSD when choosing drive to install, the window just disappear, and there...
  8. I cannot update/install any games on Xbox PC Application after updating it and Games...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot update/install any games on Xbox PC Application after updating it and Games...: To be honest, this is starting to grow VERY frustrating. I cannot understand why on Earth am I not able -in this age- to play a game I BOUGHT WITH MY MONEY because some very weird issue keeps...
  9. xbox app stuck, cannot finish, pause or cancel game download and installation

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox app stuck, cannot finish, pause or cancel game download and installation: I was attempting to download a game, Wolfenstein: the new order, when my PC crashed, causing me to use a system restore point. after windows was restored I turned on the xbox app to restart the...
  10. Cannot install gaming services. Code: 0x80070490

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot install gaming services. Code: 0x80070490: I just got a new laptop, and went to download games from the Xbox app. However, the app will not install. I get a message saying that "there was an error. please try again later." It will...