Cannot Install Games on PC

Discus and support Cannot Install Games on PC in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So, I had Warhammer Darktide installed a few days ago, played it a few times without issues. Today it wouldn't launch. No errors, just no response. I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by KyleBriggs, Dec 6, 2022.

1. KyleBriggs
    KyleBriggs Guest

So, I had Warhammer Darktide installed a few days ago, played it a few times without issues.

Today it wouldn't launch. No errors, just no response.

I repaired and reset the Gaming Service and it showed up as requiring an update. Attempting to update yielded an error which I didn't write down the code for.

I uninstalled the game, restarted, and then was completely unable to install the game from either the Xbox app or the Store.

In the store I am given the opportunity to select an install drive (needs to be on D), but it never actually installs or show up in the queue.

In the Xbox app, the install button shows the dialog but shows the D drive as "unknown available" and I can't change this to anything else, and the install button is greyed out.

In the Xbox app settings, under the install locations dropdown, it is blank, there are no drives shown at all.

I thought they'd ironed out all of these issues last year but clearly not.

Any issues on what I can do?

:)

KyleBriggs, Dec 6, 2022
  2. lolwut2 Win User

Cannot install games PC

3. Miguel AngelMoreno P Win User

Cannot install games PC

Tengo el mismo problema, e intentado de todo incluso formatee a Windows 11 y nada, sigue el mismo error... Me parece inaudito que nadie del soporte de Microsoft sepa como solucionar este problema que lleva meses.
  4. KyleBriggs Win User

Yes, it is NTFS, this was the first thing I checked, there are other (non-store) programs installed on there that work fine.

I have another game on the xbox app that works, but it is installed to the C drive as it is small enough to fit, this works fine.

I am using Windows 10 22H2 (19045.2251).

I am unable to install this game on another drive as the D drive is the only one I have large enough.

After a restart the game reappeared in the install queue, the error I get when trying to install is 0x87e00196 but each time I attempt the PowerShell command shown here, it fails.

This is what I get:

remove-appxpackage : Removal failed. Please contact your software vendor. Deployment Remove operation with target volume D: on Package Microsoft.GamingServices_8.71.12001.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe from: failed with error 0x80070002. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=235160 for help diagnosing app deployment issues. At line:1 char:46 + ... AppxPackage *gamingservices* -allusers | remove-appxpackage -allusers + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: :)) [Remove-AppxPackage], COMException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Comman ds.RemoveAppxPackageCommand
  5. Kathy A. Win User

Cannot install games PC

Hi Snowybear11,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We're sorry to hear that you are having issues installing games on PC as you get error code: 0x00000001. Let us check on this together so you will get back to gaming.

As per support article Error 0x80073D26 or 0x00000001 occurs when you try to install, update, or launch a game on a Windows 10 device, an update has been roll out for Windows 10 to fix this and please check the steps below:

1. Open PC Settings or press Windows + I.
    2. Select Update & Security > Check for updates.
    3. Select View optional updates, and then select update KB5004476 from the list (KB5004476).
    4. Select Download and install.
    5. Once the update is complete, restart your device.
    6. You should now be able to install, update, and launch games.
    If issue still persist, please try reinstalling the Gaming Services package on your Windows 10 device:

1. Right-click the Start button in the lower-left corner of the main screen, and then select Windows PowerShell (Admin).
    2. In the Administrator: Windows PowerShell screen, type the following command and press Enter:

Get-AppxPackage *gamingservices* -allusers | remove-appxpackage -allusers
    Please, do not forget to check here for known issues that might be related to your concern.

Xbox Status

Known Issues for Game Launches

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  6. KyleBriggs Win User

Unfortunately the file check found nothing, and the upgrade doesn't seem to have fixed the problem either.

Not really sure where to go with this from here.
Thema:

1. Cannot Install Games on PC - Similar Threads - Cannot Install Games

2. Cannot install large games onto my large HDD, since XBOX App requires 4k cluster size,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot install large games onto my large HDD, since XBOX App requires 4k cluster size,...: Hi, A long while ago (many years), I purchased ONE game from the MS store and after running into so much trouble, I never even considered using the MS store ever again for purchasing games. Now...
  3. I cannot install some of the games the error code ox80073cf3 xbox app pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot install some of the games the error code ox80073cf3 xbox app pc: I cannot install some of the games the error code ox80073cf3 [img] c725698f-89b7-4651-adea-57caa7703bc1
  4. I cannot install any games on pc game pass and when I try to install it just says error...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot install any games on pc game pass and when I try to install it just says error...: I have already tried antivirus uninstalling, reinstalling game services, and updating my device but nothing works. 10a3f9bd-51f8-411b-9332-8b1e635cac9a
  5. Cannot launch any of the free installed games on Xbox x

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot launch any of the free installed games on Xbox x: Cannot launch any of the free installed games on Xbox x Tired reboot, factory reset, etc 1266069e-56cf-42c3-9ed7-7ba3fff8186a
  6. Cannot install or run gamepass games across 4 different devices.

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot install or run gamepass games across 4 different devices.: Hi I have an 2 PCs, an Xbox One X, and just today have bought and Xbox Series X. I am having seemingly related problems across all devices. On both the xboxes the Microsoft store app takes a...
  7. Xbox game pass cannot install game on external SSD

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox game pass cannot install game on external SSD: The problem started around 1/2 months. I was not able to download games on my external SSD. When I click on my external SSD when choosing drive to install, the window just disappear, and there...
  8. I cannot update/install any games on Xbox PC Application after updating it and Games...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot update/install any games on Xbox PC Application after updating it and Games...: To be honest, this is starting to grow VERY frustrating. I cannot understand why on Earth am I not able -in this age- to play a game I BOUGHT WITH MY MONEY because some very weird issue keeps...
  9. xbox app stuck, cannot finish, pause or cancel game download and installation

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox app stuck, cannot finish, pause or cancel game download and installation: I was attempting to download a game, Wolfenstein: the new order, when my PC crashed, causing me to use a system restore point. after windows was restored I turned on the xbox app to restart the...
  10. Cannot install gaming services. Code: 0x80070490

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot install gaming services. Code: 0x80070490: I just got a new laptop, and went to download games from the Xbox app. However, the app will not install. I get a message saying that "there was an error. please try again later." It will...