Cannot install games on my Hard Drive Xbox Games Pass. Error: 0x800706b5

Discus and support Cannot install games on my Hard Drive Xbox Games Pass. Error: 0x800706b5 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, When I try to install games on my PC using Xbox games pass I cannot install them on my Hard Drive. I have an SSD (C:) and HDD (D:). For obvious... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by NaseemUsmani, Mar 3, 2023.

1. NaseemUsmani
    NaseemUsmani Guest

Hi,

When I try to install games on my PC using Xbox games pass I cannot install them on my Hard Drive. I have an SSD (CCannot install games on my Hard Drive Xbox Games Pass. Error: 0x800706b5 :) and HDD (DCannot install games on my Hard Drive Xbox Games Pass. Error: 0x800706b5 :). For obvious reasons I want to install my games on the HDD. However upon installing and selecting the D: drive I get the following error message.
    Cannot install games on my Hard Drive Xbox Games Pass. Error: 0x800706b5 [​IMG]

I have tried moving my default storage apps to the D: drive in Windows Settings but I get the following error:

Cannot install games on my Hard Drive Xbox Games Pass. Error: 0x800706b5 [​IMG]

I have tried reinstalling Xbox and Gaming services, as well as resetting/repairing them and Windows store but to no avail.

Would appreciate any help.

:)

NaseemUsmani, Mar 3, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Hi NaseemUsmani!

Let's try the solution below.

1. Go to "my computer" > Select the disk you want to save files from now on.
    2. There will be a folder called "Windows apps" > Right click and select properties > security > advanced.
    3. Another tab will appear, click continue (for this, your account must have admin privileges).
    4. Where is owner click "change" > then "Advanced" > Then "find now" > Then choose "Authenticated Users" > Click OK, then OK again and click apply.
    5. After this rename the WindowsApps folder to WindowsApps.old
    6. Create a new folder called WindowsApps.
    NOTE: It is important that you rename the folder according to step 5 and create another one according to step 6, otherwise it won't work.
    7. Restart the PC.
    8. Then try changing the save location for new apps and games in the settings again.
    9. If it still doesn't work for you, delete the WpSystem folder on your D drive: it should allow you to change download locations without an error.

The steps are found on this thread. If it doesn't work, please try the other suggested steps on that thread.
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...
  3. HassanB Win User

Trouble playing xbox original games on my 360

I never said you can't install games onto the hard drive, you cannot install original Xbox games onto your hard drive. There is a difference between original Xbox games and Xbox 360 games. All Xbox 360 games that have discs can be installed to the hard drive
    (assuming you have space). Original Xbox games cannot.
  4. RafiRazzouq Win User

Xbox Game Pass PC error 0x8007001f when installing games

Hi, sorry for that issue, the problem is the external hard drive, for some reason (I don't know why), the games that require Administrator approval have issue on external drive.
    Thanks for the answer. External hard drive it is not the problem in my case. While trying to find a solution to this Xbox Game pass for PC / Windows Store error I did reinstall Windows 10 on my iMac's internal hard drive. The problem with error 0x8007001f
    persists even when Windows 10 is installed on the internal hard drive.

uild on external macbook hard drive/dual boot) Did you figure any solution to this? i can install other games fine but when i try to install halo mcc it errors out at 4.8%
  5. Leopardo98 Win User

Cannot install Game Pass game (error 0x87e00013)

I had the same error with Minecraft dungeons, and i solved installing in my Hard drive principal the C: one.

I have two drives on my laptop i don't know why i can't install on my second drive, i can install all the game pass games except Minecraft dungeons u.u
  6. VecaisVaskis Win User

Xbox Game Pass PC error 0x8007001f when installing games

Hi, sorry for that issue, the problem is the external hard drive, for some reason (I don't know why), the games that require Administrator approval have issue on external drive.
    Thanks for the answer. External hard drive it is not the problem in my case. While trying to find a solution to this Xbox Game pass for PC / Windows Store error I did reinstall Windows 10 on my iMac's internal hard drive. The problem with error 0x8007001f
    persists even when Windows 10 is installed on the internal hard drive.
Thema:

1. Cannot install games on my Hard Drive Xbox Games Pass. Error: 0x800706b5 - Similar Threads - Cannot install games

2. Cannot install large games onto my large HDD, since XBOX App requires 4k cluster size,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot install large games onto my large HDD, since XBOX App requires 4k cluster size,...: Hi, A long while ago (many years), I purchased ONE game from the MS store and after running into so much trouble, I never even considered using the MS store ever again for purchasing games. Now...
  3. I cannot install some of the games the error code ox80073cf3 xbox app pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot install some of the games the error code ox80073cf3 xbox app pc: I cannot install some of the games the error code ox80073cf3 [img] c725698f-89b7-4651-adea-57caa7703bc1
  4. I cannot install any games on pc game pass and when I try to install it just says error...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot install any games on pc game pass and when I try to install it just says error...: I have already tried antivirus uninstalling, reinstalling game services, and updating my device but nothing works. 10a3f9bd-51f8-411b-9332-8b1e635cac9a
  5. Cannot launch any of the free installed games on Xbox x

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot launch any of the free installed games on Xbox x: Cannot launch any of the free installed games on Xbox x Tired reboot, factory reset, etc 1266069e-56cf-42c3-9ed7-7ba3fff8186a
  6. Cannot install or run gamepass games across 4 different devices.

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot install or run gamepass games across 4 different devices.: Hi I have an 2 PCs, an Xbox One X, and just today have bought and Xbox Series X. I am having seemingly related problems across all devices. On both the xboxes the Microsoft store app takes a...
  7. Xbox game pass cannot install game on external SSD

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox game pass cannot install game on external SSD: The problem started around 1/2 months. I was not able to download games on my external SSD. When I click on my external SSD when choosing drive to install, the window just disappear, and there...
  8. I cannot update/install any games on Xbox PC Application after updating it and Games...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot update/install any games on Xbox PC Application after updating it and Games...: To be honest, this is starting to grow VERY frustrating. I cannot understand why on Earth am I not able -in this age- to play a game I BOUGHT WITH MY MONEY because some very weird issue keeps...
  9. xbox app stuck, cannot finish, pause or cancel game download and installation

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox app stuck, cannot finish, pause or cancel game download and installation: I was attempting to download a game, Wolfenstein: the new order, when my PC crashed, causing me to use a system restore point. after windows was restored I turned on the xbox app to restart the...
  10. Cannot install gaming services. Code: 0x80070490

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot install gaming services. Code: 0x80070490: I just got a new laptop, and went to download games from the Xbox app. However, the app will not install. I get a message saying that "there was an error. please try again later." It will...