Cannot host or join multiplayer games with my friends

Discus and support Cannot host or join multiplayer games with my friends in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I am using the home Xbox with an ultimate subscription and I cannot join or host any multiplayer games with my friends. I reset the Xbox, shut it down,... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by christopher lewis3, Nov 12, 2022.

1. Cannot host or join multiplayer games with my friends

I am using the home Xbox with an ultimate subscription and I cannot join or host any multiplayer games with my friends. I reset the Xbox, shut it down, and unplugged it for more than 3 minutes.

How do I contact someone to help on the phone? All of the web-based options have been failures.

:)

christopher lewis3, Nov 12, 2022
  2. MDL_959 Win User

Minecraft Multiplayer on iPad

One child hosts the multiplayer world the other child cannot join that world, while on the same WiFi network. A friend of the hosting child CAN join the world via internet connection from a totally different home. I've already verified they can join mutiplayer games via parental controls.
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Christopher

Unfortunately here in the community forums is not possible to request a callback or start a private chat.

But I can assist you if you want.
    For this please tell me:
    The account that owns the ultimate subscription, is from a friend / a family member?
    Do you have / are you using a child account?
  4. II R Y 4 N Zz Win User

Minecraft

The host of the world may have it so that `friends of friends` cannot join which means you cannot join because you are not on the hosts friend list.
  5. OneTeamOneGoal Win User

Cannot join multiplayer games

Yes, I am able to log on and talk with friends. I can even join multiplayer games when they host.
  6. x7BeniDaBrute7x Win User

Can't connect to friend's xbox live party

I will also add that I can play multiplayer it has never been an issue with that. Also when I connect to another friend he can connect to him also. We can then chat there, but we cannot connect to each other, nor join each others games if he or I are hosting
    them.
Thema:

1. Cannot host or join multiplayer games with my friends - Similar Threads - Cannot host join

2. Cannot connect to pc hosted games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot connect to pc hosted games: I've tried to play games such as payday2, 7days to die, Raft, and more recently pal-world with my friends but cant seem to connect to the host. Almost always errors like connection timed out. I've...
  3. How do I fix “you cannot join or host public games as one or more players are not allowed...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix “you cannot join or host public games as one or more players are not allowed...: I’m on Minecraft Xbox 360 edition and when I try to join mini games I get sent you cannot join or host public games as one or more players are not aallowed to play multiplayer games on Xbox live...
  4. How do i fix "cannot connect to host" in astroneer

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do i fix "cannot connect to host" in astroneer: whenever i try join or invite a friend in games were 1 person hosts a server it will say something like "cannot connect to host" and this is really annoying, i saw someone else have this problem...
  5. Ark Survival Evolved Windows 10 - Cannot connect to server after dedicated host pc gets locked

in XBoX on Windows
    Ark Survival Evolved Windows 10 - Cannot connect to server after dedicated host pc gets locked: My current setup to host this game is I have a Virtual Machine running on a hypervisor server (using Hyper-V), this VM runs Windows 10. I start up the game and host the server, the only way I...
  6. Cannot communicate or host one friend on Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot communicate or host one friend on Xbox: One friend -- just one -- that we play games with daily suddenly can't connect to games we are hosting or communicate with us. They always could. We have made no change in equipment or software....
  7. Cannot connect to host

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot connect to host: For the last few days I've been having problems connecting to the host. Usually after two or three tries, it connects. Today, nothing. c2b45ed8-8576-4dfb-8c9e-36d0a1d2cb19
  8. Cannot connect to host

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot connect to host: For the last few days I've been having problems connect to the host. Usually after two or three tries, it connects. Today, nothing. b1668909-c05a-47c8-b8be-968ddcd0c8ab
  9. Cannot connect to or host an online session (PC)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot connect to or host an online session (PC): Hi there, been experiencing an issue with Forza Horizon 3 since I installed it about a week ago on my Win10 PC. As the title suggests I am unable to get into any online sessions, private or...
  10. Cannot host or join party's through Xbox App

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot host or join party's through Xbox App: Ok so about 2 or 3 day's ago my Xbox party's basically stopped working, i can't host or connect to them i run the Xbox network test on the Xbox app and it show's every thing is fine, on my Xbox...