: Cannot get Xbox One X to turn on my Yamaha RX770A receiver

Discus and support : Cannot get Xbox One X to turn on my Yamaha RX770A receiver in XBoX TV Hardware to solve the problem; : Cannot get Xbox One X to turn on my Yamaha RX770A receiver When I got this Xbox One X console a couple of weeks ago I had it setup to turn my... Discussion in 'XBoX TV Hardware' started by esspeajay, Aug 2, 2020.

1. esspeajay
    esspeajay Guest

When I got this Xbox One X console a couple of weeks ago I had it setup to turn my receiver on when the console turned on but now it won't do that. I tried deleting the receiver and setting it up again and changing from "on" "off" to "toggle" "toggle" but
    it won't work. When I run the setup though the console will mute and unmute the receiver. Anyone have any input?

:)

esspeajay, Aug 2, 2020
  2. mar007Br Win User

Dolby Atmos delay on Xbox Series X

same problem here with the xbox one x connected directly to the receiver yamaha RX-V585
  3. smoki ribbins Win User

Cannot get front center & sub to work through non HDMI Marantz SR7300SE ??

Same type of issue here. Yamaha HTR-5560 receiver (also not HDMI receiver). From the cable box (Comcast/Xfinity hi-def), to the Xbox One via HDMI, xbox one to Yamaha via digital optical, Xbox One to tv via HDMI, and with surround I get no center channel
    but I do get subwoofer. Running tv from the cable box directly to the receiver does give out full surround.
  4. The_Rebel_Dons Win User

Netflix Not Outputting Dolby Atmos On Xbox One

I have the same problem on Xbox X and XBox One. I’m using the Denon AVR-X 2700H 7.2 channel Dolby Atmos receiver with the XBox X, and the Yamaha RXV-6A 7.2 channel Dolby Atmos receiver with the Xbox One. Both receivers were working normally outputting Atmos on Netflix until November 2022. Disney+ and Amazon Prime play Atmos content on both devices without issue, hence indicating that the problem is not with the 4K TV and 4K projector, nor receivers.
  5. BanditoB1 Win User

No TV Audio from Xbox One Passthrough?

seicam,

Sorry to be so slow to respond, but with the holidays and all, I hope you understand.

I believe that the only audio out from the Xbox One is over the optical link. Therefore, you have to connect the optical out of the Xbox to one of the optical inputs on your receiver and then select that audio input to get the Xbox and Live TV audio. For
    the video, you may have to bypass the receiver altogether. Here is how my setup is configured (the Yamaha gets audio only from the Xbox One):

DirecTV receiver --> Xbox One --> TV

Yamaha A/V receiver <---'

I never thought about taking the HDMI out from the Xbox and through the A/V receiver. This may work, but you will still have to associate the audio with the optical input from the Xbox. This is done through the menus on your Yamaha system. You need to
    select the HDMI input for the Xbox and then there should be setup options for the audio to use. You then select the optical input that the Xbox is connected to as the default audio input for that particular HDMI input. If you're not sure how to do this,
    Yamaha support can walk you through the process.
  6. Darren Bennett2 Win User

Xbox One turns on Zone 2 for Yamaha receiver

It is not possible to disable it since I need it. When manually turned on via the receiver remote or receiver power button only the main zone turns on.

Based on all the threads I've seen (here and reddit) this is an Xbox issue related to compatibility with Yamaha devices. Stop blaming the device, user, or making excuses.
Thema:

1. : Cannot get Xbox One X to turn on my Yamaha RX770A receiver - Similar Threads - Cannot turn Yamaha

2. I've been enrolled to EE/BT and now I cannot turn off recurring billing!

in XBoX Accessibility
    I've been enrolled to EE/BT and now I cannot turn off recurring billing!: Before you say it, I know. STUPID! In short, I bought a game pass key from GAMIVO.com, never had any issues before tonight. Safe to say I will never go this route again. So, purchased, redeemed...
  3. I have recently brought a 165hz monitor to use with Xbox series s but I cannot turn on 165hz

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have recently brought a 165hz monitor to use with Xbox series s but I cannot turn on 165hz: My series s says the monitor is only 60hz and will not allow me to turn on 165hz how do I fix this? I am using y27gq-20 Lenovo monitor 3df1eba3-0fbe-4826-ab94-0a7739110e49
  4. Xbox won’t restart during update, cannot turn back on

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox won’t restart during update, cannot turn back on: My Xbox series x has been prompting me to complete a 784.0 MB update. It gets to 60% of Step 2 of 3: Verifying, and then shuts down and doesn’t power back on. If I try to turn it back on, the...
  5. My Minecraft character cannot turn its head

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Minecraft character cannot turn its head: Hey, I have a problem with my Minecraft on my pc, the problem is that i cant turn my head. I have treid to downloaded Minecraft to my pc again, and i even tried to make a new accoumt (so i paid...
  6. I cannot turn on my Xbox at all

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot turn on my Xbox at all: I cant turn on my Xbox at all 9984f1f6-eeaf-4cd6-b0be-5adfce0324cb
  7. Playing on iPad mini 5 on Xbox cloud gaming on fortnite and I cannot turn of touch to play...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Playing on iPad mini 5 on Xbox cloud gaming on fortnite and I cannot turn of touch to play...: Playing on iPad mini 5 on Xbox cloud gaming on fortnite and I cannot turn of touch to play with a controller instead. Please advise? e8c6e0ef-300f-4229-bfe5-774fc6060b78
  8. Cannot turn off vibration on a Bluetooth Xbox series X|S controller

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot turn off vibration on a Bluetooth Xbox series X|S controller: Hello everyone. Today I bought an Xbox series X|S controller to use for my PC and I have a problem disabling the vibration when it is on Bluetooth. I installed Xbox accessories app and when I...
  9. Cannot find where to turn off screen dimming on my Xbox one x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot find where to turn off screen dimming on my Xbox one x: I'm pretty sure this is a result of the latest update and it's an absolute nightmare. I use my Xbox one x for streaming quite a but. Just today I noticed it dimmed every 2 minutes when I looked on...
  10. cannot turn on xbox game bar

in XBoX on Windows
    cannot turn on xbox game bar: when i go to windows settings and try to turn on the xbox game bar, it turns on but after a few seconds it just crashes and when i open back up windows settings it is turned off. i also can't...