Cannot Get To The Games Menu On Xbox 360

Discus and support Cannot Get To The Games Menu On Xbox 360 in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Am unable to load the menu to select a game or app on the 360 dashboard when the other menus not for picking an app works. Same happens on the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by teh-supar-hackr, Nov 16, 2022.

1. Cannot Get To The Games Menu On Xbox 360

Am unable to load the menu to select a game or app on the 360 dashboard when the other menus not for picking an app works. Same happens on the marketplace. Am running of internal hard drive which works fine. Am logged on my own account. The games on it is up to 139gb with the rest of the categories being under 1gb. All the games and apps on the list from storage management loads fine, and when loading a game off the disc the save files for it that are saved on the hard drive loads fine and at usual speed. Same goes for saving the same files onto the hard drive, it's only the menu on the dashboard that lets you pick a downloaded game is not working. Deleting the content cache did nothing, and loading profile and game moved to memory unit worked fine while a little slow. Also it appears I can load games off my hard drive still by going to the recent menu on the guide menu, then to all and can pick a game off the drive and it loads as it should, just the main game select menu is never loading. The last time I used my 360 I had downloaded a few games I recently purchased and those appeared on the dashboard fine. Keep in mind I am on an Xbox 360 Elite model and the hard drive says it's compacity is 416 according to the menu.

:)

teh-supar-hackr, Nov 16, 2022
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

This will not work. The 360 does not have the ability for the end user to restore the OS.

Xbox 360 discs contain the necessary updates for them to run

It’s very possible, you have components that are failing, or a corrupted operating system. The 360 operating system is contained on dedicated flash memory on the motherboard and it’s not affected by what you do with your hard drive.

As Microsoft no longer repairs, the Xbox 360 will likely need to source a new one to fix the problem. Please keep in mind that the newest Xbox 360s are seven years old, and that many of them are not in the best of shape, big as much as 17 years old.
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi, yes. Reinstalling the system could delete your saved progress

Make sure to backup the necessary things before that

If the issue persist after that, please try using a different hard drive instead
  4. teh-supar-hackr Win User

I remember it loaded the games menu fine from the internal memory unit, albeit slow with around 20 seconds or so to get to. I will try the system reinstall thing, I guess it wipes everything and goes into the first time use screen?
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this teh-supar-hackr

Exists the possibility that could be a problem with your hard drive.

Did you tried changing / use a different drive to see if the issue persists?

But before that, you can try reinstalling the Xbox 360 system using a USB drive.

For that please use this article (and make sure to backup your saved progress to the cloud or to a USB drive)

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/xbox-360/co...
  6. Badmusen Win User

Xbox One menu language

So does the Xbox 360, but because I live in Sweden half of my menus are in swedish (and that cannot be changed) despite me selecting English as my language (and UK as Locale).

Just want to make sure I get the ENTIRE menu in english and not just half of it :)
Thema:

1. Cannot Get To The Games Menu On Xbox 360 - Similar Threads - Cannot Games Menu

2. Cannot sign into 360 games on my Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot sign into 360 games on my Series X: I’m on series X and since I got it in October, there were no issues playing backward compatibility games until yesterday. I was idle for maybe 5-10 minutes in the lobby of a game when it randomly...
  3. I am getting an error code Dev error 12502 I cannot play multiplayer game off-line. It will...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am getting an error code Dev error 12502 I cannot play multiplayer game off-line. It will...: After season three download, I cannot play multiplayer off-line. I keep on getting the air I can play. Campaign game off-line. I cannot get this issue resolved. ce617d6b-1b50-4280-895e-816e235cad4b
  4. Sorry we couldnt complete your request error pops up and cannot launch any games

in XboX Insiders
    Sorry we couldnt complete your request error pops up and cannot launch any games: . submitted by /u/Evening-Argument3746 [link] [comments]
  5. Why when I'm in a party am I stuck in game chat and cannot enter party chat.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why when I'm in a party am I stuck in game chat and cannot enter party chat.: When I am in a party I am instantly in game chat and whenever I press go to party chat it keeps me in game chat. 9ef27869-43fb-4fef-8ccf-f69b9e4d29fb
  6. Left Insiders (Delta) on my Xbox and now cannot play games

in XboX Insiders
    Left Insiders (Delta) on my Xbox and now cannot play games: I decided to withdraw my console from the Insiders Delta ring yesterday. I used the Insiders Hub on Xbox, chose to have my console leave. Exited the hub, five minutes or so later, my console...
  7. Xbox wireless headphones cannot hear other players talking while gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headphones cannot hear other players talking while gaming: Hi team, My Xbox wireless headset cannot hear other players talking while gaming. We have reset the settings and have altered the left ear cup so that it is in the middle position but still not...
  8. I subscribe £12.49 for card game. Cannot figure out how to access since changing laptop

in XBoX Accessibility
    I subscribe £12.49 for card game. Cannot figure out how to access since changing laptop: I subscribe £12.49 for microsoft card game. I cannot figure out how to access since changing laptop a3cd29da-19dd-4e27-8303-261b0705dd64
  9. Installed games not showing in library anymore and cannot be opened through start menu...

in XboX Insiders
    Installed games not showing in library anymore and cannot be opened through start menu...: -Xbox app had a problem and after reinstalling gaming service I can't see my installed games -If I search the store for the game it says "install" instead of "play" -The correct installation...
  10. Headset Problem- Can hear party chat and in-game chat, cannot hear game/menu navigation audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset Problem- Can hear party chat and in-game chat, cannot hear game/menu navigation audio: I can hear party chat and in-game chat in my headset, but I cannot hear audio. I have an xbox headset that came with my xbox one (purchased in 2015) as well as a butfulake gaming headset and the...