Cannot get gamepass to work for PC - Windows 11, have tried reinstalling windows, nothing...

Discus and support Cannot get gamepass to work for PC - Windows 11, have tried reinstalling windows, nothing... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I am having trouble with gamepass on my pc. Note - i have two PC's and everything works fine on my other pc. PC Spec AMD X570 Gigabyte Gaming X... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Metalface Mark, Nov 13, 2021.

1. Cannot get gamepass to work for PC - Windows 11, have tried reinstalling windows, nothing...

Hi, I am having trouble with gamepass on my pc. Note - i have two PC's and everything works fine on my other pc.

PC Spec

AMD X570 Gigabyte Gaming X Motherboard

5800x

2 x 16gb DDR4 3600 memory

6900XT

Games get stuck on preparing as shown below.

I have tried uninstalling gamepass, reinstalling gamepass, reinstalling windows 11 both as a repair reinstall and a completely fresh reinstall. Ive tried repairing the microsoft store, gamepass, and resetting both. Ive tried installing games on both the boot drive or the storage drive. Ive also tried repairing, resetting gaming services xbox live.

Im at my wits end now with it, no idea how to resolve it.

Edit: Ive just installed EA Play for it, and these games install fine in the gamepass queue while the gamepass ones remain stuck.

After some time the game has came with an error stating 0x87e00005

I have also tried resetting the windows

Cannot get gamepass to work for PC - Windows 11, have tried reinstalling windows, nothing... [​IMG]

:)

Metalface Mark, Nov 13, 2021
  2. James R R Win User

Cannot get gamepass to work for PC - Windows 11, have tried reinstalling windows, nothing working

I'm having the same issue. The first post was from Nov 10 2021. Its now Jan 22 2022.

Seriously?????

Looks like Win 11 is turning out to be hot garbage. Guess I'll try it again in 5 years.

You'd really think MS would have this nailed down to collect the monthly subscription. Only reason I haven't already given up is I have game pass for my console so some digging is worth the effort. But otherwise if I just installed windows and couldn't get GamePass running within 10 minutes I'd otherwise never look back and the lifetime of $10+/month subscription fees is money that MS would never in a millions years collect from me.
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Cannot get gamepass to work for PC - Windows 11, have tried reinstalling windows, nothing working

Hi Metalface Mark,

Welcome to Microsoft Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

Sorry to hear that you are having issues downloading a new game. Please know that you installing recently released games within Xbox App on PC is one of the known issues for today.

Xbox App (PC)

• Players experiencing issues updating games within the Xbox App on PC
      • Some recently released games on the Xbox App for PC are not reflecting the correct update. If you encounter an issue updating a game within the Xbox app or indicates that an update is required, but the Xbox app does not show one available, use the Windows 10 Store to download and install the update.
      • To Update your game Via the Windows Store, click on this link for guidance. Get updates for apps and games in Microsoft Store
      • After your games finish updating, launch the Xbox App on PC, and your game should now launch normally from within the Xbox App
    To be updated, kindly check this link: Known Issues for Game Launches (November 2021).

We thank you for your understanding and patience.

Stay safe!

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. BrianDoe Win User

I had the same issue. I was able to fix it by doing three things:

(1) I set up a LOCAL account on the PC and made it an administrator.

(2) disabled the IPv6 on both the local and system accounts (both admins).

(3) Signed into both accounts but switched to my regular system account and opened Gamepass.

There's something about that functionality in Windows 11 that messes up Gamepass. Once I turned off IPV6 for both wired and wireless on both system and local accounts the games downloaded fine.
  5. PhilippSladek Win User

Can´t play High on Life DLC

Hi sorry I should've mentioned I am playing on windows 11 via gamepass for PC. I already tried reinstalling it multiple times
  6. Farscape247 Win User

Copying game files from different PC (Forza Horizon 5) Microsoft Store & Xbox Client Glitch

when installing from gamepass or windows store they are placed in the encrypted folder, the installation will only work for that one windows install, you have to install for each machine, they cannot be moved from pc to pc.

if you ever reinstall the OS you would have to redownload all the gamepass/windows store games again too.
Thema:

Cannot get gamepass to work for PC - Windows 11, have tried reinstalling windows, nothing...

1. Cannot get gamepass to work for PC - Windows 11, have tried reinstalling windows, nothing... - Similar Threads - Cannot gamepass Windows

2. Cannot get starfield to load recent save on gamepass cloud. Will only load a save from 2...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot get starfield to load recent save on gamepass cloud. Will only load a save from 2...: Cannot get starfield to load recent save on gamepass cloud. Will only load a save from 2 months ago. I am not starting over. fa3c7687-65f9-4c38-814a-8e3532841706
  3. I cannot redeem a gamepass reward

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot redeem a gamepass reward: There is this reward I wish to redeem, it cost about 3,000 points. When I press redeem on my console it says it will send me an email and I never get anything. I know I'm using the right account....
  4. Paid for gamepass core cannot play online multiplayer

in XBoX Accessibility
    Paid for gamepass core cannot play online multiplayer: I bought gamepass core and I cannot access online multiplayer despite it showing on my profile. ad7425e9-50ac-4625-a35c-ad87496936df
  5. On PC Gamepass, After exiting Forza Motorsport 2023, I cannot relaunch it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    On PC Gamepass, After exiting Forza Motorsport 2023, I cannot relaunch it: Hi PC Specs i5 11600k Radeon 7600 16GB 3200 Mhz RAM M.2 SSD So, after downloading the game, it lets me play, once... If I exit the game it does not relaunch, instead it opens up the MS...
  6. Cannot login on any of the gamepass PC games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot login on any of the gamepass PC games.: I bought a gamepass ultimate key yesterday and redeemed it, went to download minecraft launcher, only to be met with a window that said that i needed to install the WebView2 Runtime. When i...
  7. Cannot redeem PC Gamepass on Microsoft rewards

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot redeem PC Gamepass on Microsoft rewards: Was saving up points only to find out I can't redeem any rewards. And to reset my security info it takes a whole MONTH. Im wondering if theres any way I can redeem my reward without waiting this...
  8. Cannot install or run gamepass games across 4 different devices.

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot install or run gamepass games across 4 different devices.: Hi I have an 2 PCs, an Xbox One X, and just today have bought and Xbox Series X. I am having seemingly related problems across all devices. On both the xboxes the Microsoft store app takes a...
  9. I cannot buy something on the xbox gamepass app

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot buy something on the xbox gamepass app: I cannot buy something on the xbox gamepass app because my microseft account is allegedy a US account however I am in canada and when I go on the microsoft security site it says its set to canada...
  10. Torchlight 3 - Cannot change resolution & window mode (GamePass PC)

in XBoX on Windows
    Torchlight 3 - Cannot change resolution & window mode (GamePass PC): Hi, since Torchlight recently had another update (the one introducing the cursed captain char class), I thought I'd give it another go, but it's again unplayable for me: screen res within...