Cannot force minecraft to use GPU/high performance settings

Discus and support Cannot force minecraft to use GPU/high performance settings in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Per the title, only the launcher shows up in the nvidia control panel and nothing related to the game shows up in the windows 11 graphics settings. I'm... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Nicholas Andrzejkiewicz, Dec 2, 2022.

1. Cannot force minecraft to use GPU/high performance settings

Per the title, only the launcher shows up in the nvidia control panel and nothing related to the game shows up in the windows 11 graphics settings. I'm using java edition.

:)

Nicholas Andrzejkiewicz, Dec 2, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching the MICROSOFT XBOX COMMUNITY forums
    My name is Josef

Hope you're doing great today despite this Nicholas

I found something that could help you, please give it a try:
    https://appuals.com/fixed-minecraft-using-cpu-g...

By the way, double check if your graphics card driver is up to date

This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
  3. Thomas Croitoru Win User

If you are having the same issue despite using the guide in Josef's Answer:

If you are using a ModPack Launcher such as Curseforge or others, you may not be able to make Minecraft use your GPU despite using the guide, even if you are launching from the Minecraft Launcher.

I uninstalled my ModPack Launcher as I was not using it, and this solved the problem.

For people who want to keep using the ModPack Launcher and resolve the issue, you may have to find Minecraft.exe within the files of that Launcher and do the same thing as in the guide.
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

Cannot run star field from Xbox game pass PC

Make sure that your GPU is being used and not the one on the chip.

Go to Windows settings, go to system and the. power and put it on high performance, this should force it to the GPU
  5. 61590633-b111-4c2a-b Win User

Minecraft for Win10 hangs at red startup screen

To Fix Minecraft Stuck at Red Screen at startup, try the fixes below and see if that helps: Update the Display driver for Integrated and External GPU. If you have an external GPU disabled, try to enable it in Device Manager. In the Graphics Settings, enable High-Performance mode for Minecraft.
  6. SwordofWhedon Win User

roblox gpu problem

I don;'t know how to do it with AMD, but the game is likely only using the GPU onboard the processor

Go to power settings in the control panel and set it to high performance also often works
Thema:

1. Cannot force minecraft to use GPU/high performance settings - Similar Threads - Cannot force minecraft

2. Cannot buy vbucks despite sufficient credit on microsoft account

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot buy vbucks despite sufficient credit on microsoft account: Hi, keep trying to buy vbucks (for my son). I topped the microsfot account up to cover payment, but Fortnite keeps asking for permission and more funds - I've now tried it through the xbox site,...
  3. My screen is black and i cannot play any games all it says is welcome and then it goes...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My screen is black and i cannot play any games all it says is welcome and then it goes...: I cannot play any games cus my xbox goes fullly black after starting it it is ig called the screen of death or sum all it says is welcome then goes dim. Help. 112872b3-9401-437b-bc00-910087e4b0bd
  4. X-Box Series S Cannot connect to internet in china

in XBoX on Consoles
    X-Box Series S Cannot connect to internet in china: Hi, I live in mainland china and just brought a Xbox series s over from Australia and it doesn’t connect to the internet. Because of this I can’t play any online games update games or get new...
  5. I cannot access xbox networking and xbox console companion in Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot access xbox networking and xbox console companion in Windows 11: I installed Windows 11 recently, and was enjoying Forza Horizon 5 and one day i couldn't access online to play with friends. I reinstalled xbox and whole game but it wasn't fixed. I searched for...
  6. Fallout New Vegas cannot upload profile

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fallout New Vegas cannot upload profile: Both my boyfriend and I have the new Xbox X console. When I was there I downloaded Fallout New Vegas and played it the past 2 days. I got home and installed New Vegas and was planning on...
  7. I cannot contact Xbox Customer Service

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot contact Xbox Customer Service: Ive tried the virtual agent many times trying to conact somebody to assist with a damaged xbox controller. The callback feature hasnt worked once in the last week ive tried and there is no live...
  8. Cannot sign into 360 games on my Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot sign into 360 games on my Series X: I’m on series X and since I got it in October, there were no issues playing backward compatibility games until yesterday. I was idle for maybe 5-10 minutes in the lobby of a game when it randomly...
  9. I cannot join parties after comm ban expires

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I cannot join parties after comm ban expires: I can’t join parties after my comm ban, I have an error whenever I try to join yet I can create my own, invite and earlier when I did to my friends I could then join parties but it would be...
  10. Cannot factory reset Xbox despite having a start up error.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot factory reset Xbox despite having a start up error.: My Xbox one has suddenly stopped working. it just loads to a grey screen and then shows me the option to troubleshoot. I have tried every method and it is still not working or even factory...