Cannot find where to turn off screen dimming on my Xbox one x

Discus and support Cannot find where to turn off screen dimming on my Xbox one x in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm pretty sure this is a result of the latest update and it's an absolute nightmare. I use my Xbox one x for streaming quite a but. Just today I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Kaiju Samurai, Dec 14, 2021.

1. Cannot find where to turn off screen dimming on my Xbox one x

I'm pretty sure this is a result of the latest update and it's an absolute nightmare. I use my Xbox one x for streaming quite a but. Just today I noticed it dimmed every 2 minutes when I looked on the settings I found the idle and dimming screen with the boxes and drop down menus. I can't find where it can be turned off completely. If this isn't something fixable I would like to see the community voice their frustrations enough to make them make it an optional thing. For now just wanting to see if there's anyway to turn it off.

:)

Kaiju Samurai, Dec 14, 2021
  2. Nursemorph Win User

Not sure if this helps or not as it is an older post...not sure there is an option to turn it off completely but:

"Go to Settings, select Preferences, and hit Idle options. Now, uncheck “Show me things when idle.” This should get rid of the idle problem.

I don't have screen dimming on my Xbox One when using Blu-ray or DVD's and I have that option unchecked as recommended."

From this thread about idle/dimming while watching discs:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...g-dvd-or/ae41cd6e-cd52-4d0d-b2bc-3bbaacd9354b
  3. Corbin T Angeles Win User

My Opinions, Thoughts and Concerns.

My Xbox One dimmed the screen last night, and then turned itself off after an hour of being dimmed. I had it sitting on the Ryse pause menu, and was out of the room. I don't think the screen dims while you're in sight of the Kinect, because I noticed if
    I left the room for 15-20 minutes and walked back in, the screen would brighten back up.
  4. StealthSnake21 Win User

Screen brightness very low when turning system on

I had this problem as well, and found a relatively easy solution, but can't promise it will work. All I did was turn on the Xbox (Then off and back on again to get the screen bright), and then let the Xbox sit until the controller turned itself off, and
    the screen dimmed. Once you turn the controller back on, it will brighten once again, and from then on, I had no issues with the screen remaining dim when I turned the Xbox on.
  5. Jonah Falcon Win User

Xbox One dimming while watching Netflix

My Xbox dims now too. Hint to Microsoft: videos don't screen burn, and my TV doesn't worry about screen burn-in. There's literally NO NEED for a friggin' screen saver on a console. Let *me* worry about *my* TV, and either remove the dim completely or add
    a toggle to turn it off.
  6. SpudsyD Win User

My XBOX ONE keeps turning on by itself...Help?

I'm bumping this up because my Xbox One just started doing this yesterday. We turn it off, it turns itself back on within an hour. The screen is dimmed and won't light up even when we use a controller. Auto-sign-in is off as is the ability to turn on the
    Xbox using Kinect.
Thema:

1. Cannot find where to turn off screen dimming on my Xbox one x - Similar Threads - Cannot find where

2. Xbox cannot find new modem ip address

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox cannot find new modem ip address: I just got a centurylink C4000LZ modem and my xbox 360 cannot find the ip address. I have tried rebooting and hard reboot. I don't want an ethernet cable connect. Has anyone else had this issue?...
  3. My service order was cancelled. How can I contact Microsoft as I cannot find contact...

in XBoX on Windows
    My service order was cancelled. How can I contact Microsoft as I cannot find contact...: My service order was cancelled. I sent off my new Xbox controller due to a faulty and sent it within 30 days. I am trying to contact Microsoft to find out why they have cancelled my order as there...
  4. I cannot find Starfield in my store or in my Game Pass account, why?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot find Starfield in my store or in my Game Pass account, why?: Hi, I'm from Turkey. Have got games pass for pc but can't see Starfield on the list hence not able to download it. Could you help me please? 074664e4-709e-4bf6-b14a-da92459740b6
  5. Cannot Sign In to Xbox App (The system cannot find the file specified)

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot Sign In to Xbox App (The system cannot find the file specified): Hi. I've been having issues with the Xbox App. It opens alright but everytime I try to sign in a message pops up that says "We couldn't sign you to Xbox Live. SYSTEM cannot find the file...
  6. We cannot find the email address link to fornite on my sons Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    We cannot find the email address link to fornite on my sons Xbox: I have contacted epic games and given the following ref my son:- Xbox gamer Id Email address connected to Xbox Evidence of fortnite purchases via Xbox/microsoft account Fornite works fine and...
  7. Where did the remote play button/icon go on the Xbox app for PC? I cannot find it.

in XBoX on Windows
    Where did the remote play button/icon go on the Xbox app for PC? I cannot find it.: since streaming is no longer supported for windows on the companion app I would always use remote play on the Xbox app. Today I was hoping to stream and couldn't find the remote play icon...
  8. Cannot find the deposit button and i dont know where my reward credits will go when i claim ...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Cannot find the deposit button and i dont know where my reward credits will go when i claim ...: I Cannot find the deposit button and i dont know where my reward credits will go when i claim them, can someone please help 0040958f-be6d-457e-829d-b76cb28ab074
  9. Installed Fable II: Knothole glade on Xbox One, cannot find where to start it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Installed Fable II: Knothole glade on Xbox One, cannot find where to start it: I KNOW I installed it, Xbox store says Knothole Glade and See the future are both INSTALLED. But when I go to "my games and apps", I see only halo 5 and some AC games, not the Fable ones that I...
  10. I'm having an issue where windows cannot find driver software for my xbox one wired ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm having an issue where windows cannot find driver software for my xbox one wired ...: I bought a Spectra Xbox One Controller and it is a wired one. I am trying to link it with PC that I am on currently so I can play Fifa 16 and I try pressing update driver software and I press...