Cannot edit permissions on my child's account to be able to add friends

Discus and support Cannot edit permissions on my child's account to be able to add friends in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; xbox.com will not allow me to change my child's ability to add friends or play online multiplayer. I have 2 child accounts, the one works fine, one... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BI66S, Jun 25, 2018.

1. BI66S
    BI66S Guest

xbox.com will not allow me to change my child's ability to add friends or play online multiplayer. I have 2 child accounts, the one works fine, one does not. When i try to switch the option, then click 'submit', the page refreshes and its back to 'blocked'.
    I have switched it on the console itself, and it says he has permission to add friends. But when trying to do so, it says I must change the setting on xbox.com. i have tried removing and adding the account on the console and on my microsoft family.

:)

BI66S, Jun 25, 2018
  2. Adding friends to a child's Xbox 360 account

Hello there

Trying to add my child's friends to his Xbox profile. One friend has already added my child as a friend at his end. We can see the friend's gamer tag, but when I try to Add Friend (on my PC webpage) nothing happens. And the console version of Xbox says
    he needs my parental permission to add friends, but then doesn't let us log in. Tearing my hair out...

Any clues? Would be very grateful!

CheerierSage20, Jun 25, 2018
  3. Beacobs
    Beacobs Guest
    deleted parent account from xbox one - how to add a parent account

To make things easier for my kids, I deleted the parent account from my xbox one s console. I can still see the account but cannot log in as a parent. As a result I cannot manage permissions to allow a specific game. I also could not add the deleted parent
    account back onto the console. When I go to family settings and try to add my parent account which is still showing, it says "you are unable to change x's settings". I cannot log out from the child's account and cannot log into my parent's account either.

Through the PC I have the correct relationship between the parent and child accounts, and I can manage some permissions there, but could not see how to move restrictions to a specific game.

Catch 22 - is there a way?

Beacobs, Jun 25, 2018
  4. NeoDan123 Win User

Can't add a friend

Only adult accounts can add friends etc.

Child accounts can not add friends, search for gamertags etc without the permission from an adult account.
  5. Bandido1508 Win User

Son spent money on Roblox

The way this is supposed to be set up is that you have a child account and an adult account. The child account is a separate account but it cannot act independently of the adult account. From the adult account you can set purchasing permissions and even
    set a monthly allowance that will not be exceeded. You can also set restrictions on what you child views or sees and how they can pick friends.

The problem is that most of the time when these accounts are set up, parents do not create a child account, they just set up an adult account for the child, and we cannot set permissions on an adult account.

The only thing you can do with an adult account is remove any payment methods and add gift cards to the account as needed. That way when the money is gone its gone.
  6. Brutal At This Win User

Child account not showing up to change settings

Did some digging. To answer your question: sign into the child's profile and then go into the friends list, there you should see the friend request pending. Click on the friend request to add the friend, once you click add friend, it will download the family
    settings and it will bring up the message "Your parent must approve your friends." It will display the parent email address and request your password before the friend request is approved and added to the list.

NOTE: If you are unable to do this, ensure you have the account saved as a "Child" account permissions and not a "Custom" account permissions.

Hope this helps!
  7. ISirProdigy007 Win User

Cannot add permissions or a game on my childs account

Hi,

Go to setting then under account go to Content restrictions and set it to Unrestricted, if it isn't been set already.

Happy Gaming!
  8. SMmod Win User

Cannot add permissions or a game on my childs account

I am having this issue as well and his account has been changed to unrestricted, adult family member, and all online safety settings set to custom with his own xbone and still the restriction for M rated games- extremely annoying This has ruined gaming nights
    trying to figure it out. I try to avoid putting any Credit card info online especially a gaming console but I think that might be what is hanging us up. We are going to try using a credit card # for age verification. This is stupid and wrong let parents be
    parents!
Thema:

1. Cannot edit permissions on my child's account to be able to add friends - Similar Threads - Cannot edit permissions

2. My brother and I cannot play Minecraft Java Edition together on LAN

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My brother and I cannot play Minecraft Java Edition together on LAN: I recently purchased a copy of Minecraft Java + Bedrock edition for my older brother this holiday season with the intent of us to be able to play the game together. However, we have had multiple...
  3. Cannot install MSFS: Premium Deluxe Edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot install MSFS: Premium Deluxe Edition: Hi all, I need assistance with following problem. Scenario: I have redeemed a code to purchase MSFS: Premium Deluxe Edition. When I try to install and launch from above page to XBox app, I...
  4. I purchased the vault edition upgrade for my MW3 cross gen digital edition and now i cannot...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I purchased the vault edition upgrade for my MW3 cross gen digital edition and now i cannot...: I installed all of the vault edition upgrades then it said the file was corrupted and to reinstall which I did. then it said the file had corrupted the game itself and that needed to be...
  5. I cannot play Dishonored definitive edition, the game is stuck on loading screen infinitely

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot play Dishonored definitive edition, the game is stuck on loading screen infinitely: Hello, I am a new game pass member, I wanted to play Dishonored game series but I strictly cannot play the game as it is stuck in an infinite loading screen. Never have experienced such problem...
  6. I bought Java and Bedrock edition together but I cannot play Java

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought Java and Bedrock edition together but I cannot play Java: Hi there, I bought Minecraft Java and Bedrock together, but I am unable to play Java edition - it only allows me to play the demo version. The money has been deducted from my bank account but I...
  7. I purchased the Vault Edition digitally, but I cannot see any of the content in game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I purchased the Vault Edition digitally, but I cannot see any of the content in game: So I purchased a hard copy of MW3 and after the fact, purchased from the microsoft store on my console (Xbox Series X) the Vault Edition. It installed, and I can see it in my game files on my...
  8. Ghost Recon Gold Edition Year One Pass cannot install

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ghost Recon Gold Edition Year One Pass cannot install: How the [mod removed] do I get the game to install the Year One Pass I am on Xbox One Series X and all I get is the Base Game - and UbiCrap has only provided a flyer/slip/printout thing with a...
  9. On Minecraft Java Edition I cannot hit the play button it says create username but won't...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    On Minecraft Java Edition I cannot hit the play button it says create username but won't...: I am logged into my Microsoft account and Minecraft java edition has been bought already, but when I click the game and then click the play button, a screen pops up that says create username, when...
  10. I cannot download Halo Wars 2: Standard Edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot download Halo Wars 2: Standard Edition: I cannot download Halo Wars 2: Standard Edition. I've got a windows 10 system, and after paying for the game whenever I try to download it I get a window that says "try again later, something...