Cannot download Xbox 360 profile after changing the gamertag. Error code 80151006

Discus and support Cannot download Xbox 360 profile after changing the gamertag. Error code 80151006 in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I created a new Microsoft account and thus an auto-generated gamertag was created as well. I downloaded the Xbox profile on both my Xbox One and Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by BrendonBishop, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Cannot download Xbox 360 profile after changing the gamertag. Error code 80151006

I created a new Microsoft account and thus an auto-generated gamertag was created as well. I downloaded the Xbox profile on both my Xbox One and Xbox 360. Since I wanted to change the gamertag to a gamertag over 12 characters long, I used my Xbox 360 to do so. Upon doing so, I was immediately disconnected from Xbox Live on my Xbox 360 and was requested to download my profile again. Before attempting to redownload it though, I checked on my Xbox One and logged on to my account on my PC and verified that the gamertag change had indeed worked and is now reflected to now my new gamertag.

But when I went back to download the profile on my Xbox 360 again, the following error message popped up after my profile downloaded about 1/8 of the way: "Sorry, there's a problem with the credentials that you're using to sign in. Go to https://accounts.live.com to fix the problem. 80151006" During the partial download, it even said "Hi, ______" (with my new changed gamertag).

I've gone to the site, signed on successfully on my PC but not sure what the problem is. I entered the exact same credentials when signing onto my MS account on PC as I did for the Xbox 360, but it still displayed that message on the 360. This message is also displayed when I try to do the same download on my Xbox One when attempting to play a backwards compatible Xbox 360 game. Once again, my new tag shows and I can play any Xbox One games completely fine with no issues. But it doesn't download my 360 profile for backwards compatible 360 games NOR does it work on an actual Xbox 360 console.

I tested this out on a second gamertag/account and got the same error. In both instances, the errors started once I changed the original assigned gamertag to my own personal choice gamertag. I have already tried manually adjusting the DNS, clearing the cache of the hard drive, clearing the MAC on my Xbox One, changing my MS account password, no 2-step verification enabled, restarting my console, power cycling it, and waiting a few days in between in case it needed time to update the tag change. None of these methods have worked. I know a few others have posted about this as well but their solutions did not work for me either or did not ever seem to be solved in the forum.

:)

BrendonBishop, Feb 28, 2021
  2. Strange Brewtal Win User

Downloading Profile Problems

I'm getting error code 80151006. This happened when I changed my gamertag on my new 360. My old gamertag and profile downloaded just fine on the new console but now that I changed it I can't download it. I've also tried to download my profile with my new
    gamertag on my old console, it also will not download and I get the same error code.
  3. RusticCookie65 Win User

Error 80151006, cannot download profile, try again later

I can't sign in to Xbox Live after I changed my Gamertag. When I tried to download the profile I got this error code 80151006. My free bundle Xbox game is also downloaded in that account. Please help. THanks...
  4. XBF Leslie D Win User

Problemas con las credenciales de xbox [Problems with Xbox Credentials]

5. taj1994 Win User

Error 80151006, cannot download profile, try again later.

Miss Kleo: I am having exactly the same problem as Karm Energy (with exactly the same error code, 80151006) whenever I try to download my brother's profile onto my Xbox.

We just got him a LIVE account on Wednesday, and he didn't like the gamertag it gave him (DevotedOak something), so we changed it to one that he likes, and now it says that it has to be downloaded, but it gives that error code every single time we try, after
    about two seconds of downloading...
  6. PlanYourDay-C9F2EDD8 Win User

ERROR CODE 80151006

Support can not help you. After an hour of going in circles, they just told me I now needed a gold account, that a free account would not work.

SOLUTION:

After you change your gamertag on your PC, you may get the error code 80151006 when you try to sign in on your console.

This is because you are trying to sign in using our old gamertag that no longer has an account associated with it.

You need to download the new gamertag profile to your console.

Login with the new gamertag.

You will be able to login without getting the error code
Thema:

Cannot download Xbox 360 profile after changing the gamertag. Error code 80151006

1. Cannot download Xbox 360 profile after changing the gamertag. Error code 80151006 - Similar Threads - Cannot download 360

2. Cannot Download XBOX 360 profile onto Series X/S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot Download XBOX 360 profile onto Series X/S: I recently switched to a different Internet service provider, and after doing, so I was no longer able to download my Xbox 360 profiles to my Xbox Series X. I would get the message “Unable to...
  3. some games cannot be downloaded on 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    some games cannot be downloaded on 360: Hi, I have been trying for over a year now to download the following owned games on 360: Dead or Alive 1 Ultimate Dead or Alive 2 Ultimate Dead or Alive 3 All games download until 99% and...
  4. Cannot Download Profile To Xbox 360

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot Download Profile To Xbox 360: I went to try and download my main Xbox LIVE account, which I still use, onto my old 360, which I have used it on many times. Unfortunately, I used to mostly carry around my gamertag on a USB...
  5. my microsoft account won't connect to my xbox 360 so i cannot download any games to my...

in XBoX on Windows
    my microsoft account won't connect to my xbox 360 so i cannot download any games to my...: my microsoft account won't connect to my xbox 360 so i cannot download any games to my console. it says my account and password didnt work with an error code: 8015D002....
  6. I cannot download a profile onto xbox 360 from xbox one s.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot download a profile onto xbox 360 from xbox one s.: Tried xbox phone support after finally navigating their really awful support page. Tech said it's an account problem and not a console problem and he couldn't help but would transfer me to the...
  7. Cannot download an xbox 360 backwards compatible game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot download an xbox 360 backwards compatible game: Hi, I saw that The Orange Box (xbox 360 version) was a backwards compatible game and wanted to try it. I noticed that you cannot buy the game directly from the Microsoft store (on xbox series x)...
  8. Cannot download profile to Xbox 360

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot download profile to Xbox 360: Hello I’ve tried the reset Xbox 360 to get the profile and it shows that password didn’t work. But yet I know my password and changed it shorter to type it in for the 360 . Need help!...
  9. Cannot Sign Into or Download Profile onto Xbox 360

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot Sign Into or Download Profile onto Xbox 360: Before I removed my profile from my Xbox 360 as a troubleshooting step, I was getting an error message 80151103. I verified my password was correct and it was 11 digits long. Regardless, kept...
  10. I cannot download content on Xbox 360 (error 800700E8)

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot download content on Xbox 360 (error 800700E8): Hello, I have purchased an add-on from a browser (I cannot find it on console). I checked my download history and I found the add on. As I clicked on it for downloading it, it said (there's a...