cannot download new games on Xbox after update and issue error

Discus and support cannot download new games on Xbox after update and issue error in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; We downloaded call of duty modern warfare and then got a system error so we did the steps as suggested on Xbox troubleshooting by unplugging with... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by John Fertitta, May 2, 2023.

1. cannot download new games on Xbox after update and issue error

We downloaded call of duty modern warfare and then got a system error so we did the steps as suggested on Xbox troubleshooting by unplugging with clicking the eject button and the other left button and clicking the xbox button it then updated and seemed to be working but then had to create another account then that did not work once we tried to download new games so then we did a hard reset and was able to sign on but still cannot download games on xbox

:)

John Fertitta, May 2, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor here to help you with your concern.

If I may ask, do you have an external hard drive plugged into your console? A corrupted hard drive may cause issues, John.

Also, what is the exact error or issue that you're getting whenever you're trying to download games on your Xbox?
  3. MsFickle Win User

Update error code 0x8B05000F 0x00000000 0x90070007

Same issue!! Stuck in a loop. Cannot go online without update, can't update without going online.

Error message occurs at the "verifying update" stage - after download reaches 100%. This Xbox is less than 6 months old.

Resetting via power cycle did not work :(
  4. Tezzarrific Win User

Why is it that I started an 8 GB update for CoD MW2 and when I came back to it a few hours later it shows it's now a 125GB update? It seems to be reinstalling almost the entire game at this point..

if the update encounters an error or is cancelled or some other issue it cannot re verify the files and will download the entire game again.
  5. Skier7667 Win User

Halo Wars 2: Ultimate Edition + Halo wars: definitive edition

Me too - but I'm experiencing this issue currently after they released the new update to the game and Halo Wars 2 generates an error code when I attempt to download the 43 GB game again. The original download got deleted during the first attempt at downloading
    the updated game. It first appeared as an update, now the entire game has to be downloaded to be installed again.
  6. Unkn0wn1 Win User

Xbox 360 live update crashed my console 1st April update.

Hello Reaper SoD,

The above update error code refers that the Xbox cannot download the update from Xbox Live, and does not have anything to do with the hard drive. I don't think that an update can damage the Xbox 360. You may have lost connection while downloading and installing
    the update, causing the error codes mentioned. Also if you have hard drive issues, it is not needed to get the Xbox 360 repaired, all you need to do is purchase a new hard drive.
Thema:

1. cannot download new games on Xbox after update and issue error - Similar Threads - cannot download games

2. Cannot download my recently bought PC games nor can I see it in my libary

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot download my recently bought PC games nor can I see it in my libary: I just bought Halo Chief Edition and Halo 5 on X Cloud Gaming. But, it doesn't allow me to download it and doesnt appear in my Xbox Installer App Libary. 2e3e6f35-a0b6-4551-9091-533ebbea590f
  3. some games cannot be downloaded on 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    some games cannot be downloaded on 360: Hi, I have been trying for over a year now to download the following owned games on 360: Dead or Alive 1 Ultimate Dead or Alive 2 Ultimate Dead or Alive 3 All games download until 99% and...
  4. i cannot download games from xbox app beacuase it tells me thet i need to download gaiming...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i cannot download games from xbox app beacuase it tells me thet i need to download gaiming...: i cannot download games from xbox app beacuase it tells me thet i need to download gaiming service but its allready on my computer d38fbbb5-9765-4294-a88f-bf38897536da
  5. Spoiled discs due to sun, I cannot download the games even if I own them physically

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Spoiled discs due to sun, I cannot download the games even if I own them physically: Hello everyone. Some months ago I had a nasty discovery: 3-4 games I had were directly under the sun and in the are of the world I live the sun kills everything. One day I was just trying to play...
  6. I cannot download Russian language on Assassin's creed games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot download Russian language on Assassin's creed games: I cannot download Russian language on Assassin's creed games e00b50b5-5fb1-4a05-8059-cfe0352cbd5d
  7. Cannot finish downloading Halo Wars (Microsoft studios) game(s)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot finish downloading Halo Wars (Microsoft studios) game(s): Cannot finish downloading Halo Wars (Microsoft studios) game(s) It gets stuck after about 99.9% I've already tried ms-store reset, ending tasks, ive tried downloading through Microsoft store. I...
  8. xbox app stuck, cannot finish, pause or cancel game download and installation

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox app stuck, cannot finish, pause or cancel game download and installation: I was attempting to download a game, Wolfenstein: the new order, when my PC crashed, causing me to use a system restore point. after windows was restored I turned on the xbox app to restart the...
  9. Cannot download forza horison 5 on xbox pc game pass error code0x80070002?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot download forza horison 5 on xbox pc game pass error code0x80070002?: i can install any other game just fine. i have tried all the following fixing in order Fix Xbox Game Pass Games Installation/Download Error Code 0x80070002 On Xbox App/Microsoft Store In Windows...
  10. I downloaded an assassins creed game and Its 95% complete and I cannot start a new game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I downloaded an assassins creed game and Its 95% complete and I cannot start a new game?: I downloaded an assassins creed game and Its 95% complete and I cannot start a new game? b4c68e28-3f1e-4ea7-81da-69cfe81057e6