Cannot disable TV stretch/zoom.

Discus and support Cannot disable TV stretch/zoom. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Non-HD channels are always stretched/zoomed. I pressed the menu button, changed from native to stretch to zoom and nothing changes.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ReefBlue, May 3, 2014.

  1. ReefBlue
    ReefBlue Guest

    Cannot disable TV stretch/zoom.


    Non-HD channels are always stretched/zoomed. I pressed the menu button, changed from native to stretch to zoom and nothing changes. Unplugged/restarted XB1 and no change, again tried all three display modes.

    Went from cable box to XB1 to TV, taking amp out of line, no change.

    Went direct from cable box to TV and it was 4:3. So, it is definitely the XB1 causing this.

    How do I get my 4:3 back? It cuts off the top and bottom of the picture to make it widescreen and it looks silly that way.

    :)
     
    ReefBlue, May 3, 2014
    #1
  2. Xbox One TV will not Stretch to Fit Screen...?

    Can you try hitting the menu button while watching TV, go down to the 3rd option and change it from Native to Stretch or Zoom?
     
    JT Kimbell [MSFT], May 3, 2014
    #2
  3. bbarley
    bbarley Guest
    Xbox TV not full screen

    Northyzilla, I finally figured out how to get my SD Channels to show full screen. When watching tv, hit your menu button on your controller. On the list you will see display mode. Select Stretch instead of native. You also have zoom as an option. stretch
    fixed me up.
     
    bbarley, May 3, 2014
    #3
  4. JT Kimbell [MSFT] Win User

    Xbox One TV will not Stretch to Fit Screen...?

    Can you try hitting the menu button while watching TV, go down to the 3rd option and change it from Native to Stretch or Zoom?
  5. Internet Expert Win User

    Set Xbox One screen size manually?

    What is your TV model? Some of the older sets typically have a "zoom" option, which would crop or stretch the image. There might even be options to "offset" the picture vertically or horizontally.
  6. JT Kimbell [MSFT] Win User

    TV picture size

    Hi,

    Can you try hitting the menu button while in Live TV and going to the 3rd option from the top. See if changing from Native to Stretch or Zoom fixes things for you.
  7. elquietone Win User

    Full screen

    The only thing you could attempt to do is use the zoom feature on your TV to bring the screen in closer. It wont be a 100% fix and will have to be changed back for other games and maybe even TV viewing, but it should at least stretch the image to use the
    TV's full surface.
  8. IceStorm III Win User

    will the Xbox one have cinema zoom to get rid of the black bars for Blu Ray like the 360 had for dvd?

    [quote user="shakermakeruk"]No my tv only stretchs my screen like they all have..[/quote]Are you saying your TV does not support a "fill" option? Mine does. Mine has several zoom options and they work with HDMI inputs.
Thema:

Cannot disable TV stretch/zoom.

Loading...
  1. Cannot disable TV stretch/zoom. - Similar Threads - Cannot disable stretch

  2. Xbox profile cannot be clicked on normally

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox profile cannot be clicked on normally: Tried restarting my console and it still didn't fix the issue. I am a little frustrated since I like to change my profile picture a lot. I could still go to my profile by going to my achievements....
  3. Xbox One BUG - Cannot Join Insider on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One BUG - Cannot Join Insider on Xbox Series X: Hi, I am encountering a weird glitch. I would like to join the last update but I can't join the Insider program. Could you please force trigger my console? Please tell me what data you need from...
  4. (Disc-to-Digital) Games published by Ubisoft and Square Enix cannot be claimed

    in XboX Insiders
    (Disc-to-Digital) Games published by Ubisoft and Square Enix cannot be claimed: I tried claiming the digital license for every physical Xbox One game that I own by these two publishers. Every other game I tried to claim worked fine except Destiny 1 which produced a different...
  5. Console games I own that I cannot play on my ASUS ROG Ally or laptop.

    in XboX Insiders
    Console games I own that I cannot play on my ASUS ROG Ally or laptop.: Hello Xbox Insider team, I have a question. A while back, I bought almost all the *Final Fantasy* games from the Xbox Store for my Series X. Often, when I'm at work, I have downtime to relax and...
  6. Cannot sign into Minecraft: Bedrock Edition on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Cannot sign into Minecraft: Bedrock Edition on Xbox Series X: As of the latest Alpha Skip-Ahead build (2608.260630-1105), I am unable to sign into my Microsoft account on Minecraft. I've checked the PlayFab and Xbox server statuses, but they reported no...
  7. Bought a game on Xbox One but cannot play it and I have game pass essential

    in XboX Insiders
    Bought a game on Xbox One but cannot play it and I have game pass essential: I bought Escape the backrooms on my Xbox One but it has the circle with a line through it once I click on it. Is there anyway for me to play this game or no? submitted by /u/Loud_Boysenberry_914...
  8. Cannot Test New Features for Xbox Cloud Gaming New UI

    in XboX Insiders
    Cannot Test New Features for Xbox Cloud Gaming New UI: Hello, I have been trying to enable the preview features to get the new xbox cloud gaming ui on the web and for some reason it never actually enables. Is there a way to fix this? submitted by...
  9. Cannot watch Discord Streams - Alpha Skip-Ahead

    in XboX Insiders
    Cannot watch Discord Streams - Alpha Skip-Ahead: While in a Discord call, my buddy started streaming from his PC to the Discord call. The Discord channel is a Custom Temporary VC that will auto delete once all members leave it. I am on Xbox...
  10. Windows 11 Xbox Controller cannot disable taking screenshots

    in XBoX on Windows
    Windows 11 Xbox Controller cannot disable taking screenshots: I cannot find the setting to disable the functionality of the Xbox controller taking a screenshot when I press the button. I use that button for steam screenshots so it is very annoying that a...