Cannot delete or access Xbox games on pc after Windows 10 reinstall

Discus and support Cannot delete or access Xbox games on pc after Windows 10 reinstall in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I recently had to reinstall Windows 10 on my pc after a blue screen. I chose the reinstall option which keeps my files which included all of my games.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Activia Yogurt, Nov 10, 2021.

1. Cannot delete or access Xbox games on pc after Windows 10 reinstall

I recently had to reinstall Windows 10 on my pc after a blue screen. I chose the reinstall option which keeps my files which included all of my games. I now do not have any of the Xbox games which were installed and cannot delete them as they are locked behind the Windowsapps folder, and are taking up around 250gb of harddrive space. I have tried changing the permissions so I can access the folder but the games are still locked in D:\WindowsApps\MSIXVC in a file and I am unsure if I can delete the file and what would happen if I deleted that file. Also I experience an error when trying to setup that drive for installing Xbox or microsoft apps. I would rather not have to reformat my drive as I have atleast a 1tb of other games and files on that drive which would take a long time to backup and reinstall. Is there anything I can do to sort out this drive and make it able to install xbox games and microsoft apps again?

Many thanks

:)

Activia Yogurt, Nov 10, 2021
  2. Activia Yogurt Win User

Hi, hope you are well!

The issue here is that I have already reinstalled Windows 10 and chose to keep my files and so the xbox games I have downloaded are no longer accessible but are still taking up space on the disk. I can't delete them from the xbox app as they do not show up and I have found they are located in the folder D:\WindowsApps\MSIXVC in a file. I'm not sure if I can delete that file and what would happen if I did. Also I cannot setup the harddrive to install games as it shows an error when doing so.
  3. Activia Yogurt Win User

I have managed to sort it out! As this issue is on a secondary drive, not the local drive, I was able to delete the windows apps folder by changing the permissions without any harm to the OS and I am now able to setup the drive again
  4. L4c3rd4 Win User

You just delete the windows app folder of the drive that has the OS installed?
  5. L4c3rd4 Win User

I see. This bug happens indeed.

So, I would not recommend you to delete this folder. I think you could restore your PC deleting everything, that way, your PC will return to it's normal state without any corrupted files or folders, but do a backup of your most important files before.
  6. L4c3rd4 Win User

What you also could do is to restore your OS delete everything. :(

But I do advise you to back up your most important files first.
Thema:

1. Cannot delete or access Xbox games on pc after Windows 10 reinstall - Similar Threads - Cannot delete access

2. I just bought a used Xbox found out the console was banned. Does that mean I cannot...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just bought a used Xbox found out the console was banned. Does that mean I cannot...: Yes I bought a used xbox recently that didn't reveal to me that The console was Band I know, I can't play using online functions but does that Mean that I can't download the games that I've...
  3. Left Insiders (Delta) on my Xbox and now cannot play games

in XboX Insiders
    Left Insiders (Delta) on my Xbox and now cannot play games: I decided to withdraw my console from the Insiders Delta ring yesterday. I used the Insiders Hub on Xbox, chose to have my console leave. Exited the hub, five minutes or so later, my console...
  4. Cannot remote access Xbox One from my PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot remote access Xbox One from my PC: I'm in Dev Mode on the Xbox One and I'm trying to do Remote Access but every time I punch in the address I get this message UNITIALIZED Credentials have not been set up. Enter a username and...
  5. hey i have a question what does it mean when it says "one or two more accounts cannot play...

in XBoX on Windows
    hey i have a question what does it mean when it says "one or two more accounts cannot play...: i used xbox360 minecraft to play PvP and the popup appers:"one or two more accounts cannot play multiplayer games." i really want to try online pvp PLZ HELP!!!11 3a93bd93-ff87-4354-b8c9-e68abc026d0a
  6. I cannot sign up for developer mode

in XBoX on Windows
    I cannot sign up for developer mode: Whenever I try to sign up, after I put in my info I am not taken to the payment info page, instead I keep getting this message: Microsoft runs on trust- We engage in a rigorous set of evaluation...
  7. Cannot join the xbox ambassadors program but there's no suspension history on my account

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot join the xbox ambassadors program but there's no suspension history on my account: EDIT: I see it says Xbox ambassador on my profile on the forms, but I can't view the ambassador page and it says I was removed Hey Everyone, I went to join the Xbox ambassadors and for some...
  8. Fallout 3: Corrupt Save in Raven Rock freezes on main screen; cannot delete cloud save?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fallout 3: Corrupt Save in Raven Rock freezes on main screen; cannot delete cloud save?: Howdy. For the record I am playing from a pristine Fallout 3 Disc#2(to run the DLC on Xbox One) and have had very little issue over the years(for a Bethesda game lol) Saving in Raven Rock in...
  9. My VoIP doesn’t work on the game DayZ and I cannot delete saved data

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My VoIP doesn’t work on the game DayZ and I cannot delete saved data: For some reason despite having a headset my VOIP isn’t enabled in dayZ I’m not sure if it’s an in game issue but I’ve also noticed I cannot delete the synced file to see whether it’s corrupt I can...
  10. I have deleted my account by accident and I cannot get it back and I do not remember my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have deleted my account by accident and I cannot get it back and I do not remember my...: I have deleted my account by accident and I cannot get it back and I do not remember my password but I have the username. But when I made the account I didn’t sign up with the account...