Cannot Create Account For My Child On Xbox One

Discus and support Cannot Create Account For My Child On Xbox One in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I would like for my 6 year old son to have his own account on XBOX ONE, but it is asking for email address and he does not have one. I have tried... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Dr Deem, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Dr Deem
    Dr Deem Guest

I would like for my 6 year old son to have his own account on XBOX ONE, but it is asking for email address and he does not have one. I have tried logging into my Microsoft/Xbox Live accounts to add a child, but cannot find a way to do it. This is way too
    complicated.

My objectives are as follows:

1. Create a Gamertag for my 6 year old son

2. Connect him to my XBOX Live account

PLEASE HELP!!!!

:)

Dr Deem, Jan 1, 2014
  2. Child is missing in Xbox Online but present in Microsoft Family

I added the account for one kid some time ago and for another one - today. 2nd one - works as described.

In the first case it's all corrupted.

I cannot see the 1st "child" gametag in mu XBox privacy settings.

But, even if I remove the 1st "child" from the "family", he still cannot edit XBox settings.

I removed/re-added child account from the family, but nothing changes.

As a software developer I recon this cannot be fixed on my side, so I'll wait 2-day in case some DB replication is needed, and most probably I will have to create completely new account for my kid.

Xentrax [Vyacheslav Lanovets], Jan 1, 2014
  3. bowski477
    bowski477 Guest
    Changing adult account status to child

You cannot change an account from an adult to a child account however you can assign a Passkey to the account. This can prevent him from making unauthorized purchases when you're not around

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/security/create-xbox-one-passkey

Otherwise to have a child account you'd need to make him a new account.

bowski477, Jan 1, 2014
  4. Dakrkplayer2
    Dakrkplayer2 Guest

He needs one to get XBOX LIVE. But also u need link yours to his because he under age.

Dakrkplayer2, Jan 1, 2014
  5. jdwb
    jdwb Guest
    Was this resolved? I'm having the same issue, it keeps telling me to add an adult and I've signed in multiple times but it keeps telling me that I need to add an adult in order to add a child.

6. Hey there ArchDuece!

Sorry to hear about the account issue. In order to get this issue sorted I recommend contacting Phone Support through our Contact Us page.

Mister Quimby, Oct 31, 2018
  7. jdwb Win User

Was this resolved? I'm having the same issue, it keeps telling me to add an adult and I've signed in multiple times but it keeps telling me that I need to add an adult in order to add a child.
  8. Mister Quimby Win User

Hey there ArchDuece!

Sorry to hear about the account issue. In order to get this issue sorted I recommend contacting Phone Support through our Contact Us page.
  9. Dakrkplayer2 Win User

He needs one to get XBOX LIVE. But also u need link yours to his because he under age.
  10. bowski477 Win User

Changing adult account status to child

11. DrifterX22 Win User

child account

You cannot change the account created as an adult account down to a child account. It needed to be created as a child account from the get go.
Thema:

1. Cannot Create Account For My Child On Xbox One - Similar Threads - Cannot Create Account

2. Cannot buy vbucks despite sufficient credit on microsoft account

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot buy vbucks despite sufficient credit on microsoft account: Hi, keep trying to buy vbucks (for my son). I topped the microsfot account up to cover payment, but Fortnite keeps asking for permission and more funds - I've now tried it through the xbox site,...
  3. My screen is black and i cannot play any games all it says is welcome and then it goes...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My screen is black and i cannot play any games all it says is welcome and then it goes...: I cannot play any games cus my xbox goes fullly black after starting it it is ig called the screen of death or sum all it says is welcome then goes dim. Help. 112872b3-9401-437b-bc00-910087e4b0bd
  4. X-Box Series S Cannot connect to internet in china

in XBoX on Consoles
    X-Box Series S Cannot connect to internet in china: Hi, I live in mainland china and just brought a Xbox series s over from Australia and it doesn’t connect to the internet. Because of this I can’t play any online games update games or get new...
  5. I cannot access xbox networking and xbox console companion in Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot access xbox networking and xbox console companion in Windows 11: I installed Windows 11 recently, and was enjoying Forza Horizon 5 and one day i couldn't access online to play with friends. I reinstalled xbox and whole game but it wasn't fixed. I searched for...
  6. Group post unable to send request and cannot create post trouble

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Group post unable to send request and cannot create post trouble: Hi i have been unable to be interested in group posts and unable to make a post on my xbox one i have checked my security settings which are unrestricted i have looked at other questions same as...
  7. I cannot create a ticket support for a suspended account.

in XBoX on Windows
    I cannot create a ticket support for a suspended account.: I currently have two outlook accounts in my name. One being a personal account and the other is a business account. My personal account's rewards are now suspended due to this. Is there a way I...
  8. On Minecraft Java Edition I cannot hit the play button it says create username but won't...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    On Minecraft Java Edition I cannot hit the play button it says create username but won't...: I am logged into my Microsoft account and Minecraft java edition has been bought already, but when I click the game and then click the play button, a screen pops up that says create username, when...
  9. Cannot create Xbox account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot create Xbox account: I was trying to make Xbox account with my microsoft account on my PC. However, when I pressed let's go button on the gamer tag screen, it has no response. 910e74b8-ed96-4c2a-bcfc-a163985a3d9c
  10. Why does my Xbox 360 say "You cannot create a Xbox live account now."?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Xbox 360 say "You cannot create a Xbox live account now."?: I cannot create an Xbox live account on my Xbox 360. Did it discontinue? 53ce4768-48f2-4472-9aee-1cb85dbe4554