Cannot create a Microsoft account with + ( plus symbol ) in email

Discus and support Cannot create a Microsoft account with + ( plus symbol ) in email in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My email address has a plus address in front of the @ symbol ( ie *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** ), which is... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by ColinSmillie, Jan 11, 2022.

1. ColinSmillie
    ColinSmillie Guest

My email address has a plus address in front of the @ symbol ( ie *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** ), which is accepted in the email RFC and works to receive email for everywhere.

Microsoft is blocking my ability to create an account because their registration process does NOT recognize the email address as valid. How do I resolve this so that my primary email address works? Why is Microsoft not recognizing the proper email?

:)

ColinSmillie, Jan 11, 2022
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi ColinSmillie! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

There are some characters that you can't use during an account registration, tht can't be modified, you need to avoid using those characters

The reasons for it could be many, maybe this causes a conflict among settings on the Microsoft servers
  3. davemcfly85 Win User

simply remove my old acount

accounts cannot be deleted when they are created sorry plus you should not post personal info like emails this is a public forum anybody can see this post and harass you over that email.
  4. MrFlurple Win User

Change of Email address?

Nine Eight Nine, As you are suspecting, if it's already A Microsoft Email, then you cannot add it. You can create an alias using an existing email address from other providers such as Gmail, Yahoo! Plus, or AIM Mail, as long as you haven't used the address
    to create a Microsoft account. The only way that I'm aware of having multiple "Microsoft domain emails" on the same account is to create alternate emails using the first "Radio" button and when doing that the email will have to not be in use so that you may
    create it.

Closing the account will not work (not soon anyways). The close/deactivate account takes a full 365 days to fully go through. After 60days all email is deleted, but if you sign in at all within the 365days you'll have the account reactivated and you'd reset
    the 365days as well if you choose to deactivate.

Does this help answer your specific question?
  5. Lucas Lauer Win User

Change Microsoft account linked to Minecraft

You cannot add an email address that is already associated with another Microsoft account. So you either need to create a new email address (by adding it on the alias page) or delete your current email address, waiting 60 days for it to be completely removed from Microsoft system and add it (by "creating" it) on the alias page.

And you cannot change the email address you used to migrate your Mojang account. So your only option is by changing the Microsoft account email address. Sorry about this.
  6. Farscape247 Win User

Changing an email associated with an Xbox account

no, as the microsoft account IS the xbox account, they are one in the same, you can create an alias email but you cannot split them.
Thema:

1. Cannot create a Microsoft account with + ( plus symbol ) in email - Similar Threads - Cannot create Microsoft

2. I cannot access xbox networking and xbox console companion in Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot access xbox networking and xbox console companion in Windows 11: I installed Windows 11 recently, and was enjoying Forza Horizon 5 and one day i couldn't access online to play with friends. I reinstalled xbox and whole game but it wasn't fixed. I searched for...
  3. Fallout New Vegas cannot upload profile

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fallout New Vegas cannot upload profile: Both my boyfriend and I have the new Xbox X console. When I was there I downloaded Fallout New Vegas and played it the past 2 days. I got home and installed New Vegas and was planning on...
  4. I cannot contact Xbox Customer Service

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot contact Xbox Customer Service: Ive tried the virtual agent many times trying to conact somebody to assist with a damaged xbox controller. The callback feature hasnt worked once in the last week ive tried and there is no live...
  5. Cannot sign into 360 games on my Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot sign into 360 games on my Series X: I’m on series X and since I got it in October, there were no issues playing backward compatibility games until yesterday. I was idle for maybe 5-10 minutes in the lobby of a game when it randomly...
  6. Group post unable to send request and cannot create post trouble

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Group post unable to send request and cannot create post trouble: Hi i have been unable to be interested in group posts and unable to make a post on my xbox one i have checked my security settings which are unrestricted i have looked at other questions same as...
  7. I cannot create a ticket support for a suspended account.

in XBoX on Windows
    I cannot create a ticket support for a suspended account.: I currently have two outlook accounts in my name. One being a personal account and the other is a business account. My personal account's rewards are now suspended due to this. Is there a way I...
  8. On Minecraft Java Edition I cannot hit the play button it says create username but won't...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    On Minecraft Java Edition I cannot hit the play button it says create username but won't...: I am logged into my Microsoft account and Minecraft java edition has been bought already, but when I click the game and then click the play button, a screen pops up that says create username, when...
  9. Cannot create Xbox account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot create Xbox account: I was trying to make Xbox account with my microsoft account on my PC. However, when I pressed let's go button on the gamer tag screen, it has no response. 910e74b8-ed96-4c2a-bcfc-a163985a3d9c
  10. Why does my Xbox 360 say "You cannot create a Xbox live account now."?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Xbox 360 say "You cannot create a Xbox live account now."?: I cannot create an Xbox live account on my Xbox 360. Did it discontinue? 53ce4768-48f2-4472-9aee-1cb85dbe4554