Cannot Connect to Xbox Live

Discus and support Cannot Connect to Xbox Live in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My son has not been able to connect to his xbox live account for about a month. He gets a message telling him that a parent needs to sign in on... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DeducibleFan20, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Cannot Connect to Xbox Live

My son has not been able to connect to his xbox live account for about a month. He gets a message telling him that a parent needs to sign in on xbox.com before he can access his account. When I tried to sign in I was prompted for a credit card and was told
    there would be a $.50 charge to do so but it would be donated to a charity. My son paid for his subscription with his own money by purchasing an xbox live gold card at a store. He had about 3 weeks of use before it became inaccessable. We have had NO changes
    to our internet or equipment, so what's going on and how can I actually reach someone at support?!

:)

DeducibleFan20, Jan 2, 2014
  2. Bulletkoalo
    Bulletkoalo Guest
    Disconnected from live when I sign in.

MaxBox99 in order to connect to Xbox live you need an Xbox live profile, you cannot connect to Xbox live without having an valid Xbox live account.

Bulletkoalo, Jan 2, 2014
  3. Cannot connect

Cannot connect to Xbox live

InnocentBug1990, Jan 2, 2014
  4. Cannot Connect to Xbox Live

You just need to pay the $0.50. It's a legal requirement to prove that an adult is authorizing a minor to use Xbox LIVE. Once you do this it will work exactly the way it did before.

VisageOfAnAngel, Jan 2, 2014
  5. I refuse to pay 50 cents when the membership was already verified by me when we subscribed. I need a phone number so I can contact support, and not the number that connects me to diet.com. I am beyond frustrated.

DeducibleFan20, Jan 2, 2014
  6. I am sorry but the 50 cents is quite mandatory. It proves that an adult is accepting responsibility for the minor.

VisageOfAnAngel, Jan 2, 2014
  7. The fine print on my son's membership card states "no credit card required". I expect Microsoft/Xbox to stand behind that. Requiring 50 cents via credit card to prove I'm an adult sounds like a scam.

DeducibleFan20, Jan 3, 2014
  8. Cannot Connect to Xbox Live

I'm done with this and it seems no one else is willing to deal with your drama. The fee is mandatory and is quite legal. If you refuse to pay it then your son won't be able to sign onto Xbox LIVE. Good day.

VisageOfAnAngel, Jan 3, 2014
  9. Finally found support via live chat with actual support personnel, and the problem was resolved, NOT requiring a credit card nor payment. Problem resolved.

DeducibleFan20, Oct 31, 2018
  10. Bulletkoalo Win User

Disconnected from live when I sign in.

MaxBox99 in order to connect to Xbox live you need an Xbox live profile, you cannot connect to Xbox live without having an valid Xbox live account.
  11. LeonSnell_967 Win User

Xbox live issue

Cannot connect to my Xbox Live
  12. Akif Win User

Cannot update XBox 360.

Tried. Connectivity works but cannot connect to XBox Live because of the update.
  13. kb1lce Win User

is anyone else having this problem?

Same problem here too! Won't let me sign in at all. Says my xbox cannot connect to xbox live. Connection test shows it getting on the internet just fine just cannot connect to xbox.
  14. Matista50 Win User

Glitch in the system - Cannot Purchase Xbox Live

There is no problem with the Wireless connection. It connects to xbox live Silver. I can recieve firmware updates, however I cannot Pay for xbox live.
Thema:

Cannot Connect to Xbox Live

1. Cannot Connect to Xbox Live - Similar Threads - Cannot Connect Live

2. Cannot connect to Xbox Live on the xbox 360 through the xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot connect to Xbox Live on the xbox 360 through the xbox series x: So I've tried to play about three different xbox 360 games through backwards compatibility on the xbox series x. But every time I try to sign in it won't connect me to Xbox Live, even though I'm...
  3. Cannot connect to xbox live while trying to play backwards compatible games on my Xbox X.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot connect to xbox live while trying to play backwards compatible games on my Xbox X.: I have tried almost every suggestion available and cannot get past the same error code of "Your connection to xbox live has been lost. Please sign in again." I know for a fact I am connected to...
  4. I cannot connect to xbox live after purchasing card from Best Buy and entering it in my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot connect to xbox live after purchasing card from Best Buy and entering it in my...: I cannot connect to xbox live after purchasing a 12 month card at Best Buy I sent all card information to my email address. Please help. I spent over an hour yesterday with a representative and...
  5. Cannot connect to Xbox live. Talked to a representative last night for over an hour to try...

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot connect to Xbox live. Talked to a representative last night for over an hour to try...: As stated above, I need help with this issue. Thank you. 63c775ce-648f-4bb5-8836-d855d711aa16
  6. Why can I connect to Xbox live, but I cannot connect to any game servers

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can I connect to Xbox live, but I cannot connect to any game servers: I just came home for winter break from college, and I brought my Xbox series x with me to play games. I was not experiencing any issues before I had come home to my parents house, but now when I...
  7. Cannot connect to Xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot connect to Xbox live: I have tried to sign in to my Xbox 360 just now. Nothing has been changed since I was signed in yesterday, but it will not log in it is saying it cannot connect to Xbox live. I have already...
  8. Cannot connect me to Xbox live? Other online games fine

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot connect me to Xbox live? Other online games fine: Hi guys, I’m trying to connect to Xbox live to play MW3 Xbox 360 version via my Xbox one. However it won’t connect to live, other multiplayer online games are fine however...
  9. Cannot connect to Xbox Live on backwards compatible game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot connect to Xbox Live on backwards compatible game: I have been playing black ops 1 on my series x console for several months with no issues. This game is an Xbox 360 game that uses Xbox live. Recently, I have not been able to play as when I try to...
  10. My Xbox 360 all of a sudden can't connect to xbox live. Every character cannot sign in. It...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 all of a sudden can't connect to xbox live. Every character cannot sign in. It...: Hello all. My Xbox 360 all of a sudden can't connect to xbox live. No characters can sign in. The Xbox is connected to the internet but always fails the Xbox live connection test. Our other Xbox...