Cannot connect to Xbox live for Xbox 360 backward compatibility games on Xbox Series X

Discus and support Cannot connect to Xbox live for Xbox 360 backward compatibility games on Xbox Series X in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, For all the xbox 360 games I run on my XSX I get an error connecting to the xbox live in the emulator itself. First of all when I launch a game,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Sir BenHur, Feb 23, 2023.

1. Sir BenHur
    Sir BenHur Guest

Cannot connect to Xbox live for Xbox 360 backward compatibility games on Xbox Series X

Hi,

For all the xbox 360 games I run on my XSX I get an error connecting to the xbox live in the emulator itself.

First of all when I launch a game, I get "Getting your Xbox 360 info...", an empty progress bar and a wheel that spins endlessly.

After about 5-10 minutes, the screen goes black and the 360 game loads, but with no profile connected.

The game asks me to log in and takes me to the 360 interface. I am told that I need to "Download your profile for use on this console".

The screen then shows "Check Network Status" with another wheel spinning continuously. After a while, I end up getting a Can't Connect error: Unable to connect to Xbox Live. Test your network connection.

The thing is, my xbox is perfectly connected to the internet and xbox live, only the 360 games do this to me...

It's not a problem related to my profile because when I launch an xbox 360 game like Banjo-Kazooie on the xcloud, it immediately downloads my profile and my savegame. The problem comes from the network between the xbox series x and the xbox 360 emulator. Is it hardware or software? I have seen on forums several players short of solution returning their unit for a new one.

On my side I am also short of solution and the Microsoft support did not help me, not after 3 hours of conversation ...

Here is what I tried:

- Hard reset of my console;

- Reset to zero, factory setting, delete all content including games

- Empty the xbox 360 cache

- Try to connect on my router in IPV4 and IPV6

- In IPV4 only

- On the xbox change the DNS to 8888 and 8844 (it seemed to work for some but not for me)

- Connect in Ethernet cable and in wifi on my router

- Connect on the 4G hotspot of my phone

- Connect on another network than the one of my router (wifi of my residence)

- Delete and restore my account

I'm really out of ideas.

I bought my xbox two weeks ago to get my xbox 360 games back.

I've been browsing the forums and I've noticed that many people have this problem. It seems random but not insignificant at all. This problem sometimes goes back to 2015/2016 on the xbox one.

Why is there still no fix considering the number of players affected?

Is it hopeless? Should I return my xbox to Microsoft to get a new one, without knowing if it will finally solve the problem?

:)

Sir BenHur, Feb 23, 2023
  2. StuartATrueRed Win User

Is anyone else having trouble signing into Xbox live 360 servers on the series S or X

The Xbox Live servers for the Xbox 360 are currently down. This is also affecting Backward compatible games on the XBox One and Xbox Series X|S. No ETA yet on a fix.
  3. XA DRBATTLE Win User

Microsoft please make concrete jungle backwards compatible to the Xbox one

they have currently stopped all backwards compatability to focus on the xbox series x as i believe they are making all xbox one 360 and original games compatible on series x
  4. Smwutches Win User

Gta san andreas download

That's because it's a 360 game that's backwards compatible with the Xbox One and Series S/X.
  5. DarkrPhi Win User

Do regular Xbox games work for Xbox 1?

This is Robert & I want to know if regular Xbox games work for Xbox 1?
    Yes within the backwards compatibility listBackwards compatibility

Anything else must wait till the x series is released and the program is updated
  6. Smwutches Win User

Prototype xbox 360 disc not BC with Xbox One X

The $29 one you saw is the Xbox One version of the game which is backwards compatible with the Series S/X. The 360 version is not backwards compatible.
Thema:

1. Cannot connect to Xbox live for Xbox 360 backward compatibility games on Xbox Series X - Similar Threads - Cannot connect live

2. Cannot connect to Xbox Live on the xbox 360 through the xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot connect to Xbox Live on the xbox 360 through the xbox series x: So I've tried to play about three different xbox 360 games through backwards compatibility on the xbox series x. But every time I try to sign in it won't connect me to Xbox Live, even though I'm...
  3. Cannot connect to xbox live while trying to play backwards compatible games on my Xbox X.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot connect to xbox live while trying to play backwards compatible games on my Xbox X.: I have tried almost every suggestion available and cannot get past the same error code of "Your connection to xbox live has been lost. Please sign in again." I know for a fact I am connected to...
  4. I cannot connect to xbox live after purchasing card from Best Buy and entering it in my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot connect to xbox live after purchasing card from Best Buy and entering it in my...: I cannot connect to xbox live after purchasing a 12 month card at Best Buy I sent all card information to my email address. Please help. I spent over an hour yesterday with a representative and...
  5. Cannot connect to Xbox live. Talked to a representative last night for over an hour to try...

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot connect to Xbox live. Talked to a representative last night for over an hour to try...: As stated above, I need help with this issue. Thank you. 63c775ce-648f-4bb5-8836-d855d711aa16
  6. Why can I connect to Xbox live, but I cannot connect to any game servers

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can I connect to Xbox live, but I cannot connect to any game servers: I just came home for winter break from college, and I brought my Xbox series x with me to play games. I was not experiencing any issues before I had come home to my parents house, but now when I...
  7. Cannot connect to Xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot connect to Xbox live: I have tried to sign in to my Xbox 360 just now. Nothing has been changed since I was signed in yesterday, but it will not log in it is saying it cannot connect to Xbox live. I have already...
  8. Cannot connect me to Xbox live? Other online games fine

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot connect me to Xbox live? Other online games fine: Hi guys, I’m trying to connect to Xbox live to play MW3 Xbox 360 version via my Xbox one. However it won’t connect to live, other multiplayer online games are fine however...
  9. Cannot connect to Xbox Live on backwards compatible game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot connect to Xbox Live on backwards compatible game: I have been playing black ops 1 on my series x console for several months with no issues. This game is an Xbox 360 game that uses Xbox live. Recently, I have not been able to play as when I try to...
  10. My Xbox 360 all of a sudden can't connect to xbox live. Every character cannot sign in. It...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 all of a sudden can't connect to xbox live. Every character cannot sign in. It...: Hello all. My Xbox 360 all of a sudden can't connect to xbox live. No characters can sign in. The Xbox is connected to the internet but always fails the Xbox live connection test. Our other Xbox...