Cannot connect to any online games.

Discus and support Cannot connect to any online games. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This problem has been occurring for around five days and nobody seems to be able to fix it. It has been getting progressively worse, at first I could... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by xbrokenone, May 20, 2020.

1. xbrokenone
    xbrokenone Guest

This problem has been occurring for around five days and nobody seems to be able to fix it. It has been getting progressively worse, at first I could play a game or two and then I'd get kicked, now I can't play at all. My xbox one is connected to the internet,
    I can stream videos, download movies, download games, see my friends list, etc. Yet I cannot play any online games, it says I can't connect to the servers. I have an open NAT type and fast internet speeds; all my network tests come back normal "It's all good!".
    I have now spent a total of 20 hours trying to fix this issue to no avail. I have spent hours upon hours speaking to both my ISP and Microsoft chat. Whatever issue I am having seems to be also affecting party chats, I can join them and hear the people in them
    yet I cut out constantly and it has to reconnect every 5 seconds. Here is what I have tried so far:

• hard resetting my xbox and modem
    • Unplugging and reconnecting all wires from my xbox and modem
    • Changing the ports that my ethernet cable is plugged into
    • factory resetting my xbox
    • deleting persistant storage
    • enabling UPnP
    • Setting up a DMZ
    • Opening all appropriate ports
    • Changing the DNS settings (This one allowed me to play for a couple hours and then my problems reoccured)
    • tried a different account (A Microsoft agent told me my problem was due to a glitch on my account involving my gold membership. Makes no sense right? yeah because it's false)
    • Using a static IP for the xbox.
    Weird thing is that my xbox will indeed work on my cellular hotspot no problem (this is obviously not cost effective for me). Playing on wifi allows me to connect to servers but I am too far from the modem for playable speeds (my xbox gets 2mbps download
    from my modem's wifi signal). This really leaves me at one conclusion which I am really doubting. My only theory is that somehow my ethernet cable is faulty, however I find this unlikely as my xbox network speed is exactly what I am paying for with my ISP
    and my NAT type reads "open". And I'd also rather not go out and buy a 50 foot ethernet cable on such a weak basis.

:)

xbrokenone, May 20, 2020
  2. xbrokenone Win User

I'd prefer you read my post before replying to it:

"I am too far from the modem for playable speeds (my xbox gets 2mbps download from my modem's wifi signal)."

This is why I play hard-wired, that is why there is an ethernet port on the back of my xbox one correct? Thanks for minimal effort though.
  3. Chandan2805 Win User

1) Reset your internet settings.

2) Connect your xbox through wifi.
  4. Tomm_A Win User

Cannot connect to any Halo (PC) games online

Hello Jackbamm,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com)

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

5. Tomm_A Win User

Cannot connect to any Halo (PC) games online

Hello Jackbamm,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It appears that you are having issue playing the game online that is happening on specific Windows Pc. Let us work as a team to help get this resolve in a timely manner.

We would like to ask few questions to help us isolate the issue further.

1. Can you provide the device specification where the issue is happening?

2. When you run the typical Windows repair tools, did you include installing available updates in your device?

3. Are you using the Xbox app to play the game?

1. First thing we are going to check is your Network Address Translation (NAT) type. Here are the steps:

• For Windows 10:
      • PC Settings > Gaming > Xbox Network and check the NAT Type.
      • Look for NAT Type and error message/code.
      • Please reply with any error message/code you notice.
    • For Windows 11: Install Xbox Console Companion app from Microsoft Store (click here)
      • Launch Xbox Console Companion app.
      • Go to Settings and select Network tab.
      • Look for NAT Type and error message/code.
      • Please reply with any error message/code you notice.
    2. Make sure Xbox app is up to date.

• Press the Start button on the taskbar, type store, and open the Microsoft Store app.
    • Select Library.
    • Under Updates & downloads, check if there is any updates available for the Xbox app. If an update is available, select Update.
    3. Make sure you are signed in to the Xbox app and the Store with the same account.

> To make sure your permissions for the game can be validated, be sure to sign in to both the Store and the Xbox app using the same account that was used to purchase the game.

4. Uninstall and reinstall Gaming Services

• Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.
    • In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:
      get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers
    • In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:
      start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN
    • Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.
    • Restart your device and try to install the game again.

5. Uninstalling and reinstalling the game

> If you're having trouble getting a game to play, uninstalling and then reinstalling the game might help. Occasionally, game files may get corrupted or altered, especially if you've had a malware problem or are running a game modification on your device.

> Some games can even repair the original files without you having to remove the game completely. However, if you installed the game from the Microsoft Store, you'll only be able to completely uninstall and reinstall the game.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

6. ABthree Win User

Dragon Age 2 servers

It says that the console cannot connect to xbox live and asks me to test my network connection. However I am connected when I attempt to play any other game online.
Thema:

1. Cannot connect to any online games. - Similar Threads - Cannot connect online

2. Cannot connect to the Xbox network

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot connect to the Xbox network: Despite being connected to the internet on my Xbox and other devices, and being able to play online games with friends I have been unable to download/update any games, open avatar editor, the...
  3. Cannot connect to the wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot connect to the wifi: My xbox says the console is connected to the internet but it acts as though i’m not. I’ve tried rebooting and everything. When i try connecting to the wifi it says i’m connected but i cannot...
  4. I cannot connect my xbox360 to live.com

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot connect my xbox360 to live.com: It was connect before but I don't know what happened c50efddc-45f4-4b4d-b321-a9e9c46e688a
  5. My Xbox series S won’t show display, cannot connect controllers and powers off by itself.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series S won’t show display, cannot connect controllers and powers off by itself.: In the morning as I’m putting this description I turned on my Xbox series S, it turns on but won’t post anything and won’t connect my controller. The power keeps flickering with my controller...
  6. Cannot connect me to Xbox live? Other online games fine

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot connect me to Xbox live? Other online games fine: Hi guys, I’m trying to connect to Xbox live to play MW3 Xbox 360 version via my Xbox one. However it won’t connect to live, other multiplayer online games are fine however...
  7. Xbox one Game, Pure Chess (2016), cannot connect to server for online gaming

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one Game, Pure Chess (2016), cannot connect to server for online gaming: Xbox One game call Pure Chess cannot connect to servers to find online matches, randomly. Can Microsoft Xbox fix the matter? Perhaps update the game as well as server to connect better to other...
  8. Cannot connect to any Halo (PC) games online

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot connect to any Halo (PC) games online: Hello, I have had severe issues with connecting to any Halo PC games servers the past six months. On Halo: MCC, I am stuck on "Contacting server" forever. On Halo Infinite I am stuck on...
  9. My Xbox is connected to the network but I cannot do anything that involves online features

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox is connected to the network but I cannot do anything that involves online features: I've just about had it with this console. Every day, there's something wrong with it. I am connected to my perfectly fine internet connection that is working perfectly fine for every other device...
  10. Black ops 3 cannot connect to Online servers. States ‘Connecting to Online...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Black ops 3 cannot connect to Online servers. States ‘Connecting to Online...: Black ops 3 cannot connect to Online servers. States ‘Connecting to Online services:Checking files’ then does nothing Please help me fix this as I cannot refund the game and I spent $40...