Cannot connect to a dedicated server via PC through the MS gamepass for Astroneers as it...

Discus and support Cannot connect to a dedicated server via PC through the MS gamepass for Astroneers as it... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Ok as the subject line says "Cannot connect to a dedicated server via PC through the MS gamepass for Astroneers as it appears to be locked?" I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SteelSlowburn, Sep 13, 2021.

1. Cannot connect to a dedicated server via PC through the MS gamepass for Astroneers as it...

Ok as the subject line says "Cannot connect to a dedicated server via PC through the MS gamepass for Astroneers as it appears to be locked?"
    I purchased the gamepass in order to multiplayer game on "Astroneer" but it won't let me connect to the server as something from Microsoft seems to have some ruling preventing this but had i purchased the game via steam this would not have been a issue, if anyone can advise a work around or at least inform me why this is i would be most greatfull, thank you.

:)

SteelSlowburn, Sep 13, 2021
  2. Francia J. Win User

Cannot connect to a dedicated server via PC through the MS gamepass for Astroneers as it appears to be locked?

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

If I may ask, are you getting an error whenever you’re trying to connect to a dedicated server on Astroneer? If yes, I would appreciate it if you can provide me the exact error so I can check that for you.
  3. Francia J. Win User

Cannot connect to a dedicated server via PC through the MS gamepass for Astroneers as it appears to be locked?

I apologize for the trouble, SteelSlowburn. I would really love for you to play with uour friend and by that, it would be best to submit a request with the game support so they can immediately validate it for you.
  4. SteelSlowburn Win User

This is what i see, i have removed our server details with a photo program but this is what i see when i click on the server. obviously I'm using a PC to connect to the server. My friends have Astroneer through Steam and also use PC's to connect but don't have any problems.

[​IMG]
  5. Francia J. Win User

As per checking it is by default you can check this screenshot for your reference. Also, for workarounds, you can definitely try and reach out with the game support: https://astroneer.space/support/

[​IMG]
  6. SteelSlowburn Win User

Hi Francia J, thank you for looking into this for me. As far as i know the server is a dedicated server and others who play it via steam are using PC's and have no issue but according to redit the issue lays with MS xbox so i don't know what i should do. I doubt i can get a refund for my months sub so i can put the money toward buying it on steam, so it seems i'm a little screwed as even on redit nobody can come up with a work around :(
    Anyway thank you for your time i'm most grateful even if it wasn't resolved.

All the best
Thema:

Cannot connect to a dedicated server via PC through the MS gamepass for Astroneers as it...

1. Cannot connect to a dedicated server via PC through the MS gamepass for Astroneers as it... - Similar Threads - Cannot connect dedicated

2. X-Box Series S Cannot connect to internet in china

in XBoX on Consoles
    X-Box Series S Cannot connect to internet in china: Hi, I live in mainland china and just brought a Xbox series s over from Australia and it doesn’t connect to the internet. Because of this I can’t play any online games update games or get new...
  3. Cannot connect to the Xbox network

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot connect to the Xbox network: Despite being connected to the internet on my Xbox and other devices, and being able to play online games with friends I have been unable to download/update any games, open avatar editor, the...
  4. Cannot connect to the wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot connect to the wifi: My xbox says the console is connected to the internet but it acts as though i’m not. I’ve tried rebooting and everything. When i try connecting to the wifi it says i’m connected but i cannot...
  5. I cannot connect my xbox360 to live.com

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot connect my xbox360 to live.com: It was connect before but I don't know what happened c50efddc-45f4-4b4d-b321-a9e9c46e688a
  6. My Xbox series S won’t show display, cannot connect controllers and powers off by itself.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series S won’t show display, cannot connect controllers and powers off by itself.: In the morning as I’m putting this description I turned on my Xbox series S, it turns on but won’t post anything and won’t connect my controller. The power keeps flickering with my controller...
  7. Cannot connect to pc hosted games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot connect to pc hosted games: I've tried to play games such as payday2, 7days to die, Raft, and more recently pal-world with my friends but cant seem to connect to the host. Almost always errors like connection timed out. I've...
  8. Cannot connect to Xbox Live on the xbox 360 through the xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot connect to Xbox Live on the xbox 360 through the xbox series x: So I've tried to play about three different xbox 360 games through backwards compatibility on the xbox series x. But every time I try to sign in it won't connect me to Xbox Live, even though I'm...
  9. Cannot connect to xbox live while trying to play backwards compatible games on my Xbox X.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot connect to xbox live while trying to play backwards compatible games on my Xbox X.: I have tried almost every suggestion available and cannot get past the same error code of "Your connection to xbox live has been lost. Please sign in again." I know for a fact I am connected to...
  10. I cannot get my Xbox to connect to my internet, could it be my router? My internet service...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot get my Xbox to connect to my internet, could it be my router? My internet service...: I have an old Xbox that couldn't connect so I bought the Xbox X and that wouldn't connect either. I've tried restarting, unplugging for 60 seconds, every troubleshooting option there is and...