Cannot connect a ethernet cable to my Xbox series X

Discus and support Cannot connect a ethernet cable to my Xbox series X in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am trying to connect an ethernet cable to my Xbox series x for the first time but it keeps disconnecting and connecting and when it is connected it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by joe brackstone, Aug 20, 2022.

1. Cannot connect a ethernet cable to my Xbox series X

I am trying to connect an ethernet cable to my Xbox series x for the first time but it keeps disconnecting and connecting and when it is connected it says service info is unavailable. Anyone able to help.

:)

joe brackstone, Aug 20, 2022
  2. IainRossi Win User

Slow Download Speeds

Did you manage to fix the connectivity issue? My Series X constantly drops connection to xbox live/internet despite an ethernet cable being used.
  3. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great despite the issue you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

In order for us to isolate the issue if it's the console, the ethernet cable, your router/modem, or your network connection kindly try using a different ethernet cable, or try using the current wired cable on a different device such as another Xbox, PC, or Laptop to check if it will work.

Also, kindly perform an extended powercycle and reset your network hardware by following the steps below:

1. Unplug the power cable from the back of the router, modem, or gateway for 5 minutes. If you have a router and a modem, unplug the power cable from both devices.

2. Press and hold the Xbox button on your console for 10 seconds or until it turns off then wait for 2 minutes before turning it on again.

3. After 5 minutes, plug the modem or gateway in first, and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.

4. If you are using a router, plug in the router and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.
  4. Blackhawks1009 Win User

Xbox Series X Unstable Wired Network Connection, Ethernet.

Im having the exact same issue with my Series X as DMcC1 though im using the modem/router provided by Spectrum Cable in western NY. Ethernet cable works fine on xbox one and any other device I connect it to, but when I connect it to the series X it will
    connect for about 2 seconds and then disconnect and tell me i dont have an ethernet cable plugged in. It then alternates between connecting for about 2 seconds and then disconnecting for a while and then repeats the process. Wireless connection seems fine.
    I guess im glad to know im not the only one.
  5. MarmiteOP Win User

Hotspot not working for series X/S

Hi

I have had similar problems with my sons series x dropping internet connection and the only way of curing this was connecting the console directly to the router with an Ethernet Cable. It now works with no issues. I hope this helps.

And to add my sons Xbox one worked perfectly on our WiFi with no issues but the series x has issues, I’ve no idea why it has these issues but the cable sorted it.

Marmite
  6. wodkafordays Win User

Xbox Series X disconnects from 5Ghz internet every 20-30 minutes.

I don't understand on why my original xbox one was fine with 5GHZ but the series x just doesnt want to stay connected to it. And I'm unable to connect an ethernet cable as teh modem/router is no where near my xbox so I dont know how to improve the connection to my xbox
Thema:

1. Cannot connect a ethernet cable to my Xbox series X - Similar Threads - Cannot connect ethernet

2. X-Box Series S Cannot connect to internet in china

in XBoX on Consoles
    X-Box Series S Cannot connect to internet in china: Hi, I live in mainland china and just brought a Xbox series s over from Australia and it doesn’t connect to the internet. Because of this I can’t play any online games update games or get new...
  3. Cannot connect to the Xbox network

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot connect to the Xbox network: Despite being connected to the internet on my Xbox and other devices, and being able to play online games with friends I have been unable to download/update any games, open avatar editor, the...
  4. Cannot connect to the wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot connect to the wifi: My xbox says the console is connected to the internet but it acts as though i’m not. I’ve tried rebooting and everything. When i try connecting to the wifi it says i’m connected but i cannot...
  5. Cannot connect to my network through Ethernet Xbox x

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Cannot connect to my network through Ethernet Xbox x: Cannot connect to my network through Ethernet Xbox x Hi i cant connect to xbox live using an ethernet cable it says that im using ipv4 although it needs to be ipv6. my router and isp is set up for...
  6. Xbox one s cannot connect to internet via ethernet cable after change router

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one s cannot connect to internet via ethernet cable after change router: Recently I changed the internet provider in my home and got a new router. When the connection was setted up, all the devices (including phones, PCs with diff. OS, TV) in my place had a really good...
  7. Ethernet connection, cannot connect to my dhcp server.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ethernet connection, cannot connect to my dhcp server.: Just as above. My playstation is hard wired and works fine but the Xbox is connected the same way, through a dlink 4 port ethernet switch, and it doesn't work. Got it working once for a while but...
  8. Cannot connect to Xbox Live, even though successfully connected to Internet through Ethernet ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot connect to Xbox Live, even though successfully connected to Internet through Ethernet ...: Hi! I'll start with some background information. I live in an apartment of all college students and I share a room with my buddy who also has an Xbox One with a wired connection. His Xbox works...
  9. Cannot connect to multiplayer when using Ethernet but WiFi works

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot connect to multiplayer when using Ethernet but WiFi works: For 4 months have played multiplayer via an Ethernet connection, now for last 2 days can only connect to multiplayer with wifi. Have power cycle modem & console 5 times plus signed out twice, have...
  10. Cannot Connect to Xbox LIVE via WiFi (Only can connect via Ethernet)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot Connect to Xbox LIVE via WiFi (Only can connect via Ethernet): Hello Xbox LIVE Community, I have a problem with my Xbox 360. Well, for some reason, I cannot sign in to Xbox LIVE via WiFi. I only can connect to Xbox LIVE via Ethernet. This really bugs me...