cannot change path for installation

Discus and support cannot change path for installation in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi i cannot change my installation path from the c drive to my new drive d it changes back and when i try to change the folder it says that i need to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Rishi Purkayastha, Jun 9, 2023.

1. cannot change path for installation

Hi i cannot change my installation path from the c drive to my new drive d it changes back and when i try to change the folder it says that i need to use the c drive. When i mount the d drive on c and try to set it to that folder it doesnt work it says you cannot change your default folder location when it is in use. Very unfortunate that microsoft would create such difficulty in a simple matter can you fix it?

:)

Rishi Purkayastha, Jun 9, 2023
  2. WattyNuela Win User

Hello Rishi, this is Manuela. I'm an Independent Advisor and community user like you, ready to assist with this.

Not a Microsoft employee.

I'm sorry to hear you're not able to select your D drive as path for installation. Let's try to sort this out.

May I know if this D: drive is formatted with the NTFS file system?

May I know where are you trying to change the path for new installations, via PC settings or using the Xbox app?
  3. LuFrank1 Win User

使用微软商城下载游戏提示0x80070057 [Translation-Download game tips 0x80070057 using Microsoft Store ]

thank you for your reply. I have solved the problem by replacing the HDD of the computer and changing the installation path.
  4. ARIDOM Win User

Not able to switch Hard Drive Storage Locations on XBOX GAME PASS PC

Hi BigMeng13!

If you can't change it with the application installed, try uninstalling it. in the installation process you have the option to change the path.

I know it's not a big help, but if I'm not mistaken, it still can't be changed in beta.

Have a good day!
  5. XBF-JoannaDark Win User

Issue with both Xbox App and MS Store cannot play or install games - tried everything

Hi, blakepauling,

I hope you are doing well today. I wanted to provide another suggested solution. let me know if this worked for you.

Solution:

All versions - Can I choose or change the installation path? (Install on the D: drive instead of the C: drive for instance) – Microsoft Flight Simulator Support (zendesk.com) This link walks you through the steps on what to do when you need to reinstall Flight Sim, and you are having issues due to hardware changes or it cannot find the initial install folder.

I hope these suggestions help! If this answers your question, please mark the thread as “Answered.”
  6. XBF-Spartan Win User

Réinstallation de MSFS sur nouveau disque dur

HI Gerard,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums! Are you having issues actually playing the game or are you just inquiring about install paths? For installation inquiries I am linking the Flight Simulator Support page concerning "Installation for all versions" All versions - Can I choose or change the installation path? (Install on the D: drive instead of the C: drive for instance) – Microsoft Flight Simulator Support (zendesk.com) . If you have further questions regarding install locations for games and addons I would check out the Flight Simulator forums here Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums .
Thema:

1. cannot change path for installation - Similar Threads - cannot change path

2. I cannot log into Microsoft after successfully changing my password

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot log into Microsoft after successfully changing my password: Over last two days I have had to change my Microsoft password. I receive a message each time that it has been successfully changed yet when I try to use this password the message states it is...
  3. I subscribe £12.49 for card game. Cannot figure out how to access since changing laptop

in XBoX Accessibility
    I subscribe £12.49 for card game. Cannot figure out how to access since changing laptop: I subscribe £12.49 for microsoft card game. I cannot figure out how to access since changing laptop a3cd29da-19dd-4e27-8303-261b0705dd64
  4. I cannot play minecraft multiplayers even though i have changed my privacy setting (i am...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot play minecraft multiplayers even though i have changed my privacy setting (i am...: I cannot play minecraft multiplayer despite having changed the privacy settings. 1dbbc217-a165-4499-ae9f-7d7117f9c153
  5. How do I remove content restrictions from cloud gaming? I cannot locate anywhere to change...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I remove content restrictions from cloud gaming? I cannot locate anywhere to change...: How do I remove content restrictions from cloud gaming? I cannot locate anywhere to change it and I am the only member in the family app and can't find any setting for it as the internet searches...
  6. Trying to change my username, but it says I cannot go above 12 characters, i haven’t seen...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to change my username, but it says I cannot go above 12 characters, i haven’t seen...: really strange as many accounts have above 12 characters? adbf22f4-f553-421f-b73b-1caacf7f96f3
  7. I have an account with microsoft and outlook but i had my phone number changed and i cannot...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have an account with microsoft and outlook but i had my phone number changed and i cannot...: I also have a gamepass account that im being charged for and cant get into and have never even used it. Please help I have been locked out of my account for probably a year or more now but I'm...
  8. Cannot Change Minecraft Java Username.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot Change Minecraft Java Username.: I am logged into the account associated with my minecraft account and whenever I go online to change my username or skin, I am not provided with the drop down menu. Instead it is asking me to buy...
  9. My account was hacked, changed password email everything, i want it back cannot hget any...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account was hacked, changed password email everything, i want it back cannot hget any...: do you guys know where can i talk to an actual human being about this? 4ced2614-785f-4639-b971-21eba2a4cd2d
  10. I cannot change my Xbox gamertag in the Philippine region, all I get is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot change my Xbox gamertag in the Philippine region, all I get is...: Title says it all. I am trying to change my Gamertag on Xbox but all I get is the error "App-MissingPrerequisites clrfszx5RaunACp9jYGCsE.0.1" It tells me to try again later but I have already...