Cannot change installation disk on Xbox app and access games installed on other disks

Discus and support Cannot change installation disk on Xbox app and access games installed on other disks in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have installed games on D: but now I can't open them. Also cannot change the default installation drive as only C: is selectable. Please help.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Santosh_SN, Feb 11, 2023.

1. Santosh_SN
    Santosh_SN Guest

Cannot change installation disk on Xbox app and access games installed on other disks

I have installed games on D: but now I can't open them. Also cannot change the default installation drive as only C: is selectable. Please help.

:)

Santosh_SN, Feb 11, 2023
  2. Georges C. Win User

Xbox app not allowing installs to secondary drive on PC

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello PatrickCrouch1,

are you trying to install the Xbox App on disk D: or just install the games on disk D?

Because I believe that it is not possible to install the Xbox App, App Companion etc in another folder other than the root, this is because the Apps work together and need to be on the same disk C: that the operating system is installed.
  3. Rafael Espada Win User

How do i install Xbox app and program file,windowsapp in a costum foulder?

i dont want the windowsapp and program file randomly in DISK D I WANT ORGANIZATION AND I WANT THEM INSIDE A COSTUM FOLDER, HOW HARD IS FOR MICROSFT TO UNDERSTAND AND IMPLEMENT SUCH SIMPLE THING? DIDNT MICROSOFT CREATE WINDOWS? HOW THE F ARE YOU GUYS SO LIMITED? bro i swear, windows is installed in DISK C, xbox app autmatic install in DISK C, i change game installation location to DISK D and it creates these foulders Windows App and Program File. Now that we are at it, when im installing a game in DISK D it is also taking space from DISK C explain this
  4. ClausReich Win User

Unmounting Local Disk: Z causes Xbox App to not work properly

Hello xCrimin4L! I'm Claus, an Independent Microsoft Community Consultant for Xbox! Glad to be able to help you!

If you have games installed from the Xbox app on the Z: disk, then you would need to first move/install them on a local disk inside your PC. If your other drivers aren't detected by the Xbox app, then go to:

1. Settings (Windows 10 app).

2. Select System > Storage.

3. Under More Storage Settings, select Change where new content is saved.

4. Change the default local disk for new Apps to some other drive, and then restart your PC.

5. Check if your other drives are now listed on the Xbox app.
  5. AdamNutton Win User

Game won't install and automatically stopping itself from installing

It's a disk so I'm not sure if it will work. Personally I think it might be the disk or something because it can install apps fine but I haven't tried installing any other game so I'm not sure if it is.
  6. Rafael Espada Win User

Why Xbox app creates 3 foulders Xboxgames, program files and windowsapp?

Windows is installed in Disk C and when i select the installation location to Disk D it creates Windowsapp,Program Files, Xboxgames foulders, i dont want the foulders random in Disk D without any kind of organization, i want to install the xbox app in a custom foulder inside Disk (D), How hard is to to be able to install Xbox app and games wherever i want just like any other gaming launcher?

Tell me a way on how to get xboxgames,windowsapp, program file all inside the costum foulder that i want, i really dont understand the necessity to create these useless foulders when installing a game.
Thema:

1. Cannot change installation disk on Xbox app and access games installed on other disks - Similar Threads - Cannot change installation

2. I cannot log into Microsoft after successfully changing my password

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot log into Microsoft after successfully changing my password: Over last two days I have had to change my Microsoft password. I receive a message each time that it has been successfully changed yet when I try to use this password the message states it is...
  3. I subscribe £12.49 for card game. Cannot figure out how to access since changing laptop

in XBoX Accessibility
    I subscribe £12.49 for card game. Cannot figure out how to access since changing laptop: I subscribe £12.49 for microsoft card game. I cannot figure out how to access since changing laptop a3cd29da-19dd-4e27-8303-261b0705dd64
  4. I cannot play minecraft multiplayers even though i have changed my privacy setting (i am...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot play minecraft multiplayers even though i have changed my privacy setting (i am...: I cannot play minecraft multiplayer despite having changed the privacy settings. 1dbbc217-a165-4499-ae9f-7d7117f9c153
  5. How do I remove content restrictions from cloud gaming? I cannot locate anywhere to change...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I remove content restrictions from cloud gaming? I cannot locate anywhere to change...: How do I remove content restrictions from cloud gaming? I cannot locate anywhere to change it and I am the only member in the family app and can't find any setting for it as the internet searches...
  6. Trying to change my username, but it says I cannot go above 12 characters, i haven’t seen...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to change my username, but it says I cannot go above 12 characters, i haven’t seen...: really strange as many accounts have above 12 characters? adbf22f4-f553-421f-b73b-1caacf7f96f3
  7. I have an account with microsoft and outlook but i had my phone number changed and i cannot...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have an account with microsoft and outlook but i had my phone number changed and i cannot...: I also have a gamepass account that im being charged for and cant get into and have never even used it. Please help I have been locked out of my account for probably a year or more now but I'm...
  8. Cannot Change Minecraft Java Username.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot Change Minecraft Java Username.: I am logged into the account associated with my minecraft account and whenever I go online to change my username or skin, I am not provided with the drop down menu. Instead it is asking me to buy...
  9. Cannot change default installation directory for xbox gamepass

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot change default installation directory for xbox gamepass: unable to change location as immeditly defaults back to C, support chat was less than useless stating it isnt possible despite this option being given on app (offered to screenshot but was told "I...
  10. cannot change path for installation

in XBoX on Consoles
    cannot change path for installation: Hi i cannot change my installation path from the c drive to my new drive d it changes back and when i try to change the folder it says that i need to use the c drive. When i mount the d drive on c...