Cannot change gametag

Discus and support Cannot change gametag in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have followed all the links online to change my gamertag. However after choosing new gametag and verified it is available the option to "claim it"... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by K Perrault, Jan 4, 2023.

1. K Perrault
    K Perrault Guest

Cannot change gametag

I have followed all the links online to change my gamertag.

However after choosing new gametag and verified it is available the option to "claim it" is not there but "change gamertag".

Prompted to confirm gamertag and click "change gamertag.

page states;

Gamertag Change

£7.99 including VAT

clicking next and start payment process, I fill in my credit card info only to be unable to select Canada to which is where I live and have it match my postal code.

I live in Canada and it does not come up as an option.

I have tried to the call me feature multiple times but it is dropped from your end everytime.

Please assist.

:)

K Perrault, Jan 4, 2023
  2. K Perrault Win User

Cannot change gametag

I have my account set in Canada.

This is part of my issue. If you could advice me to where it lists elsewhere I will make the adjustment.

I went through my setting and account info and confirmed they all say Canada.

Please provide further assistance.
  3. Smwutches Win User

Cannot change gametag

Check the region in the far bottom left corner of the website and make sure it is set for Canada.
  4. Onyx Is Here Win User

Cannot change gametag

If you are doing this on the website then I'd suggest scrolling down to the bottom left side of the page and select the country shown then choose Canada and try again.

If you are still having trouble and your information is all correct at https://account.microsoft.com and you're not running a VPN (Virtual Private Network to make it seem like you're somewhere else) then it may be an account issue specifically. For that you may need to contact a Microsoft Advocate via https://support.xbox.com/contact-us. When you get connected to chat please ask to be escalated for an account related issue
  5. Onyx Is Here Win User

Cannot change gametag

Hello K, sorry to hear you're having trouble with your change.

If you're living in Canada then I'm afraid that you would need to have your account set up for Canada and use a Canadian credit card or paypal on your account
  6. META 1384 Win User

My xbox1 gamertag was changed without my permission

microsoft cannot do much as if there is no proof this could be abused to get free gametag changes sorry
Thema:

Cannot change gametag

1. Cannot change gametag - Similar Threads - Cannot change gametag

2. I cannot log into Microsoft after successfully changing my password

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot log into Microsoft after successfully changing my password: Over last two days I have had to change my Microsoft password. I receive a message each time that it has been successfully changed yet when I try to use this password the message states it is...
  3. I subscribe £12.49 for card game. Cannot figure out how to access since changing laptop

in XBoX Accessibility
    I subscribe £12.49 for card game. Cannot figure out how to access since changing laptop: I subscribe £12.49 for microsoft card game. I cannot figure out how to access since changing laptop a3cd29da-19dd-4e27-8303-261b0705dd64
  4. I cannot play minecraft multiplayers even though i have changed my privacy setting (i am...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot play minecraft multiplayers even though i have changed my privacy setting (i am...: I cannot play minecraft multiplayer despite having changed the privacy settings. 1dbbc217-a165-4499-ae9f-7d7117f9c153
  5. How do I remove content restrictions from cloud gaming? I cannot locate anywhere to change...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I remove content restrictions from cloud gaming? I cannot locate anywhere to change...: How do I remove content restrictions from cloud gaming? I cannot locate anywhere to change it and I am the only member in the family app and can't find any setting for it as the internet searches...
  6. Trying to change my username, but it says I cannot go above 12 characters, i haven’t seen...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to change my username, but it says I cannot go above 12 characters, i haven’t seen...: really strange as many accounts have above 12 characters? adbf22f4-f553-421f-b73b-1caacf7f96f3
  7. I have an account with microsoft and outlook but i had my phone number changed and i cannot...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have an account with microsoft and outlook but i had my phone number changed and i cannot...: I also have a gamepass account that im being charged for and cant get into and have never even used it. Please help I have been locked out of my account for probably a year or more now but I'm...
  8. Cannot Change Minecraft Java Username.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot Change Minecraft Java Username.: I am logged into the account associated with my minecraft account and whenever I go online to change my username or skin, I am not provided with the drop down menu. Instead it is asking me to buy...
  9. My account was hacked, changed password email everything, i want it back cannot hget any...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account was hacked, changed password email everything, i want it back cannot hget any...: do you guys know where can i talk to an actual human being about this? 4ced2614-785f-4639-b971-21eba2a4cd2d
  10. I cannot change my Xbox gamertag in the Philippine region, all I get is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot change my Xbox gamertag in the Philippine region, all I get is...: Title says it all. I am trying to change my Gamertag on Xbox but all I get is the error "App-MissingPrerequisites clrfszx5RaunACp9jYGCsE.0.1" It tells me to try again later but I have already...