Cannot Change Gamertag on XBOX 360 Error code 80154303

Discus and support Cannot Change Gamertag on XBOX 360 Error code 80154303 in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hey guys, I've just picked up an old xbox 360 to change my gamertag to one with 15 characters, which I understand you can only do on the 360. When I... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Mostaousem, Jul 1, 2022.

1. Mostaousem
    Mostaousem Guest

Hey guys,

I've just picked up an old xbox 360 to change my gamertag to one with 15 characters, which I understand you can only do on the 360.

When I enter my new gamertag, it shows as available and let's me pay for the change - the money comes out of my bank account, then I see a loading screen followed by this error:

Xbox Live

Sorry, there's a problem with the Xbox service. Try again later. For help with this problem, go to www.xbox.com/errorhelp.

Status code: 80154303

My gamertag doesn't change and the next day the money is refunded to my bank account.

I have spoken to xbox support via chat who had my try a few things but couldn't get it to work. They confirmed the Gamertag was available.

I've ruled out it being because of the gamertag I'm trying to choose is too long by trying several shorter available tags and they all do the same thing.

Any help appreciated.

:)

Mostaousem, Jul 1, 2022
  2. Daft Badger Win User

I cant change my gamertag

Error 80154303 occurs when changing your gamertag on Xbox Live

You see the following error code when you try to change your Xbox Live gamertag:

This may mean that the new gamertag you’ve chosen is already in use or unavailable.

Solution

To resolve this problem, choose another gamertag.

Xbox Live gamertags are unique and personal. We protect this uniqueness by not allowing the same gamertag to be created with different spacing. For example, if “Coolgamertag” is taken, that means “Cool gamertag” and “cool gamer tag” are also taken.

If you keep experiencing the problem, contact Xbox Support.

Gamertags are used on other services,not just xbox live.You will need to pick another gamertag i'm afraid.
  3. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, Mostaousem. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas, and I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

Have you tried to change your gamertag on the Xbox website? If not, please try it and see how it goes:

https://social.xbox.com/en-us/changegamertag

If you are unable to change your gamertag on the Xbox website or have any question about it, please let me know.
  4. Fui X-S Win User

Hey there Mostaousem,

Sorry to hear about the issue. From what I know, 15 letter gamertags aren’t really issued out anymore as the standard maximum is 12 - trying to get around that won’t end up in you getting that name.

There’s no real way to get around this as if there is, it’s just an exploit.

Happy gaming,

Fui
  5. Anirban Sarkar1 Win User

can't change my name to "ixh"

To resolve this problem, choose another gamertag.

Xbox Live gamertags are unique and personal. We protect this uniqueness by not allowing the same gamertag to be created with different spacing. For example, if “Coolgamertag” is taken, that means “Cool gamertag” and “cool gamer tag” are also taken.

Source: https://support.xbox.com/en/help/errors/xbox-360/error-code-80154303
  6. pawncrackers Win User

Gamertag Error 80154303

Hi there,

Is your console enrolled in the Xbox Insider Program? If so, there is an issue with changing Gamertags via console in the past few builds, that the dev team are aware of. See

this post
    for more details. Have you tried changing it via the Xbox App?

If this is not the case, the
    Xbox Error Code Lookup page solution
    points to a Gamertag that has already been claimed, so you will have to be a bit more imaginative! :)

Hope this helps,

L
Thema:

1. Cannot Change Gamertag on XBOX 360 Error code 80154303 - Similar Threads - Cannot Change Gamertag

2. I cannot log into Microsoft after successfully changing my password

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot log into Microsoft after successfully changing my password: Over last two days I have had to change my Microsoft password. I receive a message each time that it has been successfully changed yet when I try to use this password the message states it is...
  3. I subscribe £12.49 for card game. Cannot figure out how to access since changing laptop

in XBoX Accessibility
    I subscribe £12.49 for card game. Cannot figure out how to access since changing laptop: I subscribe £12.49 for microsoft card game. I cannot figure out how to access since changing laptop a3cd29da-19dd-4e27-8303-261b0705dd64
  4. I cannot change my Xbox gamertag in the Philippine region, all I get is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot change my Xbox gamertag in the Philippine region, all I get is...: Title says it all. I am trying to change my Gamertag on Xbox but all I get is the error "App-MissingPrerequisites clrfszx5RaunACp9jYGCsE.0.1" It tells me to try again later but I have already...
  5. I cannot change my Xbox gamertag.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot change my Xbox gamertag.: [img] As you can see in the picture, even though I changed the country to Thailand already, it has an error like this. [img] 5de0c4a8-6bfd-4622-b19e-26fc6e7c912c
  6. Cannot change my xbox gamertag, it shows 500 error

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot change my xbox gamertag, it shows 500 error: I cannot change my xbox gamertag currently, i'm trying to change my gamertag for the first time here https://social.xbox.com/changegamertag even though the option is available, i'm stuck at the...
  7. I cannot change my gamertag for free, even though I have never changed it before

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot change my gamertag for free, even though I have never changed it before: Hello! I am trying to change my gamertag on xbox, and I have never done so before. It asks me to pay 9.99 to change it, even though on the website it says that the first change is free. How can I...
  8. I cannot change my gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot change my gamertag: I cannot change my gamertag, it's say Try that again Something happened on our end. Waiting a bit might help. App-InvalidOrderData xFfXrZ6CyDA61056BV0GMs.4 2023/09/09 04:52:36 UTC...
  9. Cannot Purchase Gamertag Change

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot Purchase Gamertag Change: I cannot purchase the Gamertag change, this error keeps occurring please help. Try that again Something happened on our end. Waiting a bit might help. Try that again Something happened on our...
  10. Cannot change son's gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot change son's gamertag: I want to change my son's gamertag. I therefore logged into xbox.com with his Microsoft account credentials and attempted to change the gamertag in his profile. I selected a new name, which was...