Cannot change gamertag because its region locked.

Discus and support Cannot change gamertag because its region locked. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I want to change my gamer tag however when I get to the screen to put an address in it is locked to the United States and I cannot change it. Which... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Bryce Pledger, Jan 6, 2022.

1. Cannot change gamertag because its region locked.

I want to change my gamer tag however when I get to the screen to put an address in it is locked to the United States and I cannot change it. Which means I can't change my gamertag and it seems like there's no solution.

:)

Bryce Pledger, Jan 6, 2022
  2. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

If you're living in a non-Microsoft supported region, then I'm afraid there's no way to do that.
  3. Smwutches Win User

I take it you're trying to change it from the website. That page likes to default to the US for some reason. Change the region in the far bottom left corner of the page.
  4. ngocphi Win User

change account country

nope once a region is set on creation of a gamertag the region cannot be changed

you must create another account if you want region locked content
  5. onyxishere Win User

100$ card wont work.

Sorry to hear about your issues. Unfortunately currency is region locked and cannot be used for a region outside of where you live.

It is possible to change your region in order to use the card but you will not be able to change your region back for 90 days so your gamertag will be limited to only US content.

Furthermore, even though it is possible to change the region it is only recommended to do so when you are moving. This is because some content is region locked and, although you can purchase it, you could run into issues with downloading the content.
  6. onyxishere Win User

There's a way to buy some DLC from other Country?

It is not recommended to change the region of your gamertag to purchase DLC that is not available to you for several reasons.

1. When a region is changed you must remain in that region for a minimum of 90 days before being able to change it again.

2. Gold and Currency code cards are region locked. This means that only codes from the region the gamertag is in can be used. You would not be able to purchase on from Brasil and use it.

3. Even if you changed the region of your gamertag you still may not be able to download some content due to region locking. Some content cannot be downloaded to a region other than what it was intended for.
Thema:

1. Cannot change gamertag because its region locked. - Similar Threads - Cannot change gamertag

2. I cannot log into Microsoft after successfully changing my password

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot log into Microsoft after successfully changing my password: Over last two days I have had to change my Microsoft password. I receive a message each time that it has been successfully changed yet when I try to use this password the message states it is...
  3. I subscribe £12.49 for card game. Cannot figure out how to access since changing laptop

in XBoX Accessibility
    I subscribe £12.49 for card game. Cannot figure out how to access since changing laptop: I subscribe £12.49 for microsoft card game. I cannot figure out how to access since changing laptop a3cd29da-19dd-4e27-8303-261b0705dd64
  4. I cannot change my Xbox gamertag in the Philippine region, all I get is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot change my Xbox gamertag in the Philippine region, all I get is...: Title says it all. I am trying to change my Gamertag on Xbox but all I get is the error "App-MissingPrerequisites clrfszx5RaunACp9jYGCsE.0.1" It tells me to try again later but I have already...
  5. I cannot change my Xbox gamertag.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot change my Xbox gamertag.: [img] As you can see in the picture, even though I changed the country to Thailand already, it has an error like this. [img] 5de0c4a8-6bfd-4622-b19e-26fc6e7c912c
  6. Cannot change my xbox gamertag, it shows 500 error

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot change my xbox gamertag, it shows 500 error: I cannot change my xbox gamertag currently, i'm trying to change my gamertag for the first time here https://social.xbox.com/changegamertag even though the option is available, i'm stuck at the...
  7. I cannot change my gamertag for free, even though I have never changed it before

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot change my gamertag for free, even though I have never changed it before: Hello! I am trying to change my gamertag on xbox, and I have never done so before. It asks me to pay 9.99 to change it, even though on the website it says that the first change is free. How can I...
  8. I cannot change my gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot change my gamertag: I cannot change my gamertag, it's say Try that again Something happened on our end. Waiting a bit might help. App-InvalidOrderData xFfXrZ6CyDA61056BV0GMs.4 2023/09/09 04:52:36 UTC...
  9. Cannot Purchase Gamertag Change

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot Purchase Gamertag Change: I cannot purchase the Gamertag change, this error keeps occurring please help. Try that again Something happened on our end. Waiting a bit might help. Try that again Something happened on our...
  10. Cannot change son's gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot change son's gamertag: I want to change my son's gamertag. I therefore logged into xbox.com with his Microsoft account credentials and attempted to change the gamertag in his profile. I selected a new name, which was...