cannot cancel, pause or install game on xbox app on pc (game pass)

Discus and support cannot cancel, pause or install game on xbox app on pc (game pass) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I try to install darkest dungeon but it stuck at 1% and didn't move at all ( leave it for half a day but nothing happen just stuck at 1% 0 B/S) after... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by HermiresLeDavid, Feb 26, 2023.

1. cannot cancel, pause or install game on xbox app on pc (game pass)

I try to install darkest dungeon but it stuck at 1% and didn't move at all ( leave it for half a day but nothing happen just stuck at 1% 0 B/S)
    after that I try to cancel the download, then it stuck at canceling for eternity and nothing happen

I already try everything I can to cancel it or to make it finish downloading the game

all the things I had done
    - terminate / repair/reset xbox app and Microsoft store
    - logout/ login xbox app and Microsoft store
    - uninstall /reinstall xbox app and Microsoft store
    - re-open every service that happens to work with these two apps

cannot cancel, pause or install game on xbox app on pc (game pass) [​IMG]
    cannot cancel, pause or install game on xbox app on pc (game pass) [​IMG]

:)

HermiresLeDavid, Feb 26, 2023
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

Ubisoft taken off of Xbox for PC?

Now that you said, I really cannot find Assassins Creed Origins or other Ubisoft games if I search it on the "Xbox Game pass" tab of the Xbox app.

Apparently they are only available for the console Game Pass or for cloud gaming for PC users that have Game Pass Ultimate.

PC users that have PC Game Pass are not able to install and play them on the computer.
  3. Georges C. Win User

MS flight simulator 2021

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Haytham, usually you have two options for installation, the first is through the Windows Store App, log in to the App with the same account that purchased the game.

Then click Library in the lower left corner and then in games, will appear all the games you bought and are installable on your PC.

You can pause, and if you click the 3 points you will have the option to cancel the download.

And the second way would be by the Xbox App for PC, where the process is basically the same.
  4. Amari Kigu Win User

Error Code 0x80040154 on X-Box game pass beta The Outer Worlds Install

I honestly cancelled my game pass order, This definitely has to be an issue on Microsofts side since completely re-installing from scratch should fix it, other apps for me install and play just fine - I installed Forza Horizon and Gears of Wars with
    no problems but Outer Worlds refuses each and every time, and if it cannot be guaranteed to be able to play then the game pass for PC isn't worth it, I wasn't able to play Metro Exodus for a long time because my PC wasn't ready for the 1903 update.
  5. XA JJKILLERs Win User

Unable to Pre-Load Gears 5 on PC

I purchased game pass ultimate for PC, and the Xbox Beta app gives me the option to pre-load Gears 5 in preparation for the early release tomorrow.

Unfortunately, the game is stuck at 0% (Preparing) and never advances. I have cancelled and restarted the download, but it wont install at all after that. I click install, it asks for the desired install drive, and I click okay. Then the button goes from
    "Preparing" back to "Install" instantly.

I'm very excited about this game but pretty irritated that Xbox Owners can pre-load, but the PC owners cannot. Please help.
    I did just fine did you try to update the app
  6. Misses Joust Win User

Kinect sports rivals stuck at 0% install and won't delete or cancel

G'day Bangem! That's a bit of a strange issue. What happens when you try to cancel the installation? When you highlight the game in My Games and Apps and press the Menu button, there should be options to Pause or Cancel the download/install. Are you hit
    with an error? Do those options not appear?
Thema:

cannot cancel, pause or install game on xbox app on pc (game pass)

1. cannot cancel, pause or install game on xbox app on pc (game pass) - Similar Threads - cannot cancel pause

2. My service order was cancelled. How can I contact Microsoft as I cannot find contact...

in XBoX on Windows
    My service order was cancelled. How can I contact Microsoft as I cannot find contact...: My service order was cancelled. I sent off my new Xbox controller due to a faulty and sent it within 30 days. I am trying to contact Microsoft to find out why they have cancelled my order as there...
  3. Why i cannot cancel my download in Xbox App (Windows 11)?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why i cannot cancel my download in Xbox App (Windows 11)?: i try to pre-install Payday 3, and the download show error at 7% so i try to redownload it. but when i try to redownload it, it start at 7% and stuck at 0 b/s and cannot be canceled. i already try...
  4. xbox app stuck, cannot finish, pause or cancel game download and installation

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox app stuck, cannot finish, pause or cancel game download and installation: I was attempting to download a game, Wolfenstein: the new order, when my PC crashed, causing me to use a system restore point. after windows was restored I turned on the xbox app to restart the...
  5. I cannot cancel my XBOX subscription

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot cancel my XBOX subscription: Hi. I'm trying to cancel my XBOX subscription. When I go to my accounts page and click on "Manage" I get this error: Sorry, something went wrong. We’re not sure what happened, but refreshing...
  6. Tried to install Stardew Valley, download is stuck at 2%, cannot resume or cancel, and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Tried to install Stardew Valley, download is stuck at 2%, cannot resume or cancel, and...: I dont know what to do anymore. Yes i have restarted. I have terminated and repaired. At my installation queue, it perpetually says it is checking for updates. My computer was just updated and...
  7. Ori and the Will of the Wisps stuck at 0%, cannot cancel.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ori and the Will of the Wisps stuck at 0%, cannot cancel.: I am on PC, windows 11, using the Xbox app with Gamepass Ultimate. For a while I've had an issue where three game did not install correctly, Will of the Wisps, Psychonauts 2, and Dead Cells. The...
  8. xbox app on PC - Cannot install or uninstall games or cancel them

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox app on PC - Cannot install or uninstall games or cancel them: ive tried installing windwos 11 and going back to windows 10 now back to windows 11 reset and repairing the xbox app getx-apppackage removing gaming services xbox insider hub all this and i...
  9. Xbox Game pass download stuck and cannot be cancelled

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game pass download stuck and cannot be cancelled: I was trying to download Darkest Dungeon PC on gamepass and its been stuck since yesterday at 1%, 0B/s download. When I try cancelling it that also gets stuck and never stops it. I have tried...
  10. Cannot resume or cancel download (Xbox Gamepass PC)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot resume or cancel download (Xbox Gamepass PC): Trying to download Just Cause 4: Reloaded. Noticed it was stuck at 0% when trying to resume or cancel the installation it would be stuck in the queue or perpetually canceling. Already tried most...