Cannot add a profile to xbox one, just a loading circle then nothing.

Discus and support Cannot add a profile to xbox one, just a loading circle then nothing. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have the same problem and followed all advice here:... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Lariath, Aug 5, 2022.

1. Lariath
    Lariath Guest

I have the same problem and followed all advice here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/xbox-one-x-cant-add-account-or-sign-in/2631bfc3-3fba-4bed-a970-7f7b393254ef

However, after performing a reset twice, I still cannot add a profile. I just get a loading circle then nothing, no error, nothing.

:)

Lariath, Aug 5, 2022
  2. Lariath Win User

Hi ! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Please perform a power cycle reset, follow these steps:

Unplug the power cable from the back of the router, modem, or gateway for 5 minutes. If you have a router and a modem, unplug the power cable from both devices.

Restart your Xbox console. Press and hold the Xbox button in the center of your Xbox controller to open the Power Center. Select Restart console and then select Restart. (If the console appears to be frozen, press and hold the Xbox button on the console for 10 seconds, until the console turns off. After the console shuts down, touch the Xbox button on the console again to restart.)

After 5 minutes, plug the modem or gateway in first, and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.

If you are using a router, plug in the router and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.
    You have no idea how long I have been trying to sort this out and it was so simple! Thank you so much Ricardo
  3. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi Lariath! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Please perform a power cycle reset, follow these steps:

Unplug the power cable from the back of the router, modem, or gateway for 5 minutes. If you have a router and a modem, unplug the power cable from both devices.

Restart your Xbox console. Press and hold the Xbox button in the center of your Xbox controller to open the Power Center. Select Restart console and then select Restart. (If the console appears to be frozen, press and hold the Xbox button on the console for 10 seconds, until the console turns off. After the console shuts down, touch the Xbox button on the console again to restart.)

After 5 minutes, plug the modem or gateway in first, and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.

If you are using a router, plug in the router and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.
  4. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Was a pleasure, thanks for the feedback, have a great day!
  5. Steevski Win User

Nov 2012 update causing issues with my 360

Add me to the list of this. Just locks up on the loading circle. If I disconnect the the ethernet I can get to the dash, after that, I reconnect the cable, and try to connect to LIVE. It freezes then. With all profiles on my xbox.
  6. Bad Signs Win User

Achievements not counting for more than a week.

Hi, nothing works here, did the removing, power circle and profile loading more than one time now, the progress in achievements and the unlocking of achievements still doesn´t work.
Thema:

1. Cannot add a profile to xbox one, just a loading circle then nothing. - Similar Threads - Cannot add profile

2. I keep getting the error message 'cannot use this alias' when I try to add my phone number...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I keep getting the error message 'cannot use this alias' when I try to add my phone number...: When I've tried to redeem Xbox rewards, I've been asked to add a mobile number to my account. After following all of the steps I get the message saying that I 'cannot use this alias'. I have:...
  3. How come people cannot join me unless I add them as friend? (Xbox Series S)

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How come people cannot join me unless I add them as friend? (Xbox Series S): This is a problem I've been having for a long time. Basically, anytime I try to invite someone to a game and they are not on my friends' list, they always get an error message upon trying to join...
  4. I cannot add money to my child's account. Why?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot add money to my child's account. Why?: I used to be able to add money to my child's account on my Xbox family app. Now I have tried for many days and it says they are experiencing trouble with my transaction and I cannot add the money....
  5. Cannot change country/region when attempting to add payment method for xbox game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot change country/region when attempting to add payment method for xbox game pass: I'm trying to sign up for XBOX game pass, but I can't change the country/region when doing so. I'm not in the US, and Game pass is available in Norway. The drop-down menu to change the...
  6. Cannot add money to account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot add money to account: I have 2 accounts for my kids. I added money to one child’s account but cannot add to the other. Keeps saying to contact support. Have tried for 2 days with no help. Has this been experienced and...
  7. I cannot purchase a "add-on" for a game because the store is bugged saying I already own it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot purchase a "add-on" for a game because the store is bugged saying I already own it...: Hello, I attempted to buy a DLC for a game (farming simulator 22 to be specific) and I was unable to do so because the store thinks I already own the DLC. I never bought the DLC and I checked my...
  8. I cannot add a new account to my Xbox after restarting it

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot add a new account to my Xbox after restarting it: Recently I’ve been having problems loading up Fortnite I found how to fix it by restarting my Xbox in system after I did that I forgot to save old settings from my “old” Xbox I tried to restart it...
  9. Cannot add a new alias

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot add a new alias: I am trying to add a new alias to this account from an email that was previously a Microsoft account. I have closed that account in order to use the email as an alias on this one yet I'm still...
  10. Cannot add a profile to a console

in XboX Insiders
    Cannot add a profile to a console: My brother recently got an Xbox after playing on PC for a long time. We are trying to set up game share through setting each other’s consoles as our home Xbox. However, when attempting to sign in...