Cannot access or send messages on xboxone

Discus and support Cannot access or send messages on xboxone in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, Can anyone help please, have just spend 1.5 hours with xbox support chat and the following issue remain unresolved: When I click on messages I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MeetBison, Oct 21, 2017.

1. MeetBison
    MeetBison Guest

Hi,

Can anyone help please, have just spend 1.5 hours with xbox support chat and the following issue remain unresolved:

When I click on messages I get the following message: "We were unable to get your recent messages, please try again later"

I also cannot send messages.

I have tried deleting the account and reinstalling it, I have verified the account with no luck?

:)

MeetBison, Oct 21, 2017
  2. Cannot access or send messages from xbox account?

XBF Leonzo G!

Thank you so much for coming to my aid! We have an xbox One so ive followed your instructions to the letter and delted rhen recreated the profile.

Unfortunately that hasnt fixed the problem and we are getting the same error message when my son tries to message his friends (0x87dd0013).

Any ideas?

Many thanks

Nick

ps he can message from the xbox app on my phone but not the xbox?

MetalCandle8625, Oct 21, 2017
  3. Cannot access or send messages from xbox account?

Hey XBF Leonzo G,

I tried again with your recommendation, it didnt work first time around as my sons account was logged in when i seleted it. However, the second tome i made sure he was logged out and it worked!

All perfect now thanks to you!!! Thank you so much!

kind regards

Nick

MetalCandle8625, Oct 21, 2017
  4. KOX KingOfXbox4 Win User

Kings Of Xbox Recruiting !!!

Sure send me a message over xboxone! :)
  5. Mister Maka Win User

Cannot Send Messages

Hey there Owlbearchampion.

To start things out, are you posting from the newly created account or is this a different account? Have you had a chance to check for Enforcement action over
    Enforcement.xbox.com?
  6. HAZMAT RADIO Win User

Cannot send message

This can happen because of an incomplete account setup.

Try going thought the following steps to update everything on the account.

There's a lot of info here so read through the steps first.

1) Start by going to your account here -
    https://account.microsoft.com/profile/

2) Make sure there's a First and Last Name on the account

3) The sign in email address that you used for the account, (don't post that info here) but if you used another email like a @gmail.com email address, make sure you completed the email address verification for the account

4) Where it says Edit your personal info, click on that and update your info there

5) Where is says Edit your billing info, click on that and update your info there

6) Go here - https://account.microsoft.com/security

- under Update your security info click on Update info

- make sure you have a phone and email on your account so you have options to verify or recover your account (You stated you don't have a phone but you'll really want at least two email addresses there)

7) After your account info is all up to date, remove the account from your Xbox console and hard reset it (press the power button down on the front of the Xbox One for 15 sec, then let it go and restart it)

8) Then add your account back to your Xbox One and try to send a message again

Reminder, don't post any of your account info here, your GT is ok to post.
  7. Misses Quinzel Win User

Cannot Send messages

Hey there, TeamCuff!

Sorry to see any issues with your account! That error you're seeing is slightly off. It's not with Xbox, but with Microsoft Account. I suggest trying this
    reputation link to unlock your account. It will first ask for a phone number, send a code to that number, then you will put that number into the site's text box. After you submit it, it
    will bring you to your profile page. After you've successfully done that, try messaging someone again.

Let me know how that goes! If you are still having issues, we'll want to dig into it further. :) Thanks for posting!

--------------------------------------

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox Insider
    Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting.
  8. {Parity} Win User

Cannot Send messages

Thema:

1. Cannot access or send messages on xboxone - Similar Threads - Cannot access send

2. Cannot remote access Xbox One from my PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot remote access Xbox One from my PC: I'm in Dev Mode on the Xbox One and I'm trying to do Remote Access but every time I punch in the address I get this message UNITIALIZED Credentials have not been set up. Enter a username and...
  3. I subscribe £12.49 for card game. Cannot figure out how to access since changing laptop

in XBoX Accessibility
    I subscribe £12.49 for card game. Cannot figure out how to access since changing laptop: I subscribe £12.49 for microsoft card game. I cannot figure out how to access since changing laptop a3cd29da-19dd-4e27-8303-261b0705dd64
  4. Windows Cannot Access The Specified Device, Path, or File" Error When You Try to Install,...

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows Cannot Access The Specified Device, Path, or File" Error When You Try to Install,...: Ok so I was playing Fortnite and for a while I got off to take a break, 3hrs later I return (nothing has changed) and when I launch I get the issue in the title. I have tried literally everything...
  5. Cannot access Microsoft web page after login

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot access Microsoft web page after login: I am able to login to the account on Microsoft homepage but when entering "My Account" page the page performas a refresh repetedly. This makes it ipossible to manage any setting. Here is a...
  6. I cannot access my Minecraft account since the email it is attached to has an issue.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot access my Minecraft account since the email it is attached to has an issue.: I cannot access my Minecraft account since the email it is attached to has an issue. My father originally bought Minecraft for me back in 2015 and it has been on his email *** Die E-Mail-Adresse...
  7. I have an Xbox Account that I cannot access my old contact information.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have an Xbox Account that I cannot access my old contact information.: I am having issues accessing my old xbox account. i cannot reach support, the account is locked, and I do not have my contact information any longer. May sound skeptical, but I have more than...
  8. I Purchased NBA 2k23 in a recent Microsoft digital sale, but cannot access My career...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I Purchased NBA 2k23 in a recent Microsoft digital sale, but cannot access My career...: I Purchased NBA 2k23 in a recent Microsoft digital sale, but cannot access My career mode... "We are preparing to launch a new season of NBA 2k23, check back shortly". Have i have been robbed of...
  9. Cannot access GTA V Online

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot access GTA V Online: My Xbox account has game pass ultimate active but when I log onto GTA V via Xbox one it states that my account does not have permission to access Online mode, Even though it worked last night when...
  10. Cannot access or send messages from xbox account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot access or send messages from xbox account?: Hi all, I have 2 sons who have xbox accounts. This week I changed their email addresses for the xbox account and since then, one of my sons has been unable to access or send any messages from his...