Cancelling a pre order I made in November 2020 and canceled days before release.

Discus and support Cancelling a pre order I made in November 2020 and canceled days before release. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; So I pre ordered the gold edition of Battlefield 2042 in November 2020 from the Microsoft store on my xbox one and decided to cancel days before... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Mickey.007, Nov 11, 2021.

1. Mickey.007
    Mickey.007 Guest

Cancelling a pre order I made in November 2020 and canceled days before release.

So I pre ordered the gold edition of Battlefield 2042 in November 2020 from the Microsoft store on my xbox one and decided to cancel days before release in November 2021. I could not cancel it through the Microsoft website and so I googled how. I went to the EA website, signed in and canceled my preorder. I've been waiting for my refund to go back into my bank account the last week and still nothing.

Also, my EA order history has no orders or pre-orders of any game yet my Microsoft order history says I canceled my pre-order of BF2042 but with no refund. Am I suppose to get my money back from EA or Microsoft?

:)

Mickey.007, Nov 11, 2021
  2. Francia J. Win User

If you have been charged and you have canceled the pre-order it will be automatically refunded and it will now depend on your bank on when they will credit back the money.
  3. Mickey.007 Win User

Ok so I remember the game was priced at 89.99. I only see a transaction of 88.95 from XBOX LIVE in the same month I pre ordered the game. It doesn't specify on the name of the transaction, other than XBOX LIVE but that's the only amount close enough the original price.
  4. Francia J. Win User

Hi Mickey.007, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

If you pre-ordered it via Microsoft Store, your money will be processed by Microsoft but I just want to set your expectation that Microsoft get the charge for pre-ordered games 10 days prior to the game releases, make sure to check your bank statement if you have been charged for the pre-ordered game.
  5. Nursemorph Win User

Refund

As mentioned above, pre-order payment is taken 10 days prior to release...in your case, the Pen is released 5th November so payment would have been taken on the 26th October (a game I pre-ordered releases on the 5th and payment was taken 26th). If you cancelled the pre-order before the 26th, then no money would have been taken so no refund needed.
  6. ngocphi Win User

Refund

Do you know what the release date is ?.

I only see the October 5th date

Well usually no you wouldn't get an email if you cancel an pre-order

I think you forgot to read the disclaimer

When you pre-order something you do not get charged until 10days before release canceling a pre-order before that confirms the cancelation but since you canceled before release and assuming it was over10 days before release since I donno when it is for your region

You don't get a refund for something you werent charged
Thema:

1. Cancelling a pre order I made in November 2020 and canceled days before release. - Similar Threads - Cancelling pre order

2. Why was my pre-order cancelled?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why was my pre-order cancelled?: So i pre-ordered Modern Warfare III. I was charged, and everything was fine. I got an email saying that it was declined. I haven't received a refund or anything..is there a way i can fix this? Id...
  3. How do I cancel a pre order?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I cancel a pre order?: I am trying to cancel it but there seems to be no way to do it unless if I am just looking at it wrong. It is trying to constantly bill me when I want to cancel it...
  4. i canceled a pre order and it said i got refunded earlier today but never got my money back...

in XBoX on Windows
    i canceled a pre order and it said i got refunded earlier today but never got my money back...: I canceled a pre order and it says i got refunded but i never got my money back 3f45b6f8-3651-4a48-b1f3-14e99f019650
  5. How do I re-order a pre-order that was cancelled?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I re-order a pre-order that was cancelled?: I pre-ordered EAFC24 last month when if you pre-ordered the game, you would get a 7-day early access. That order got cancelled for some reason and I talked to someone at microsoft-help and they...
  6. Pre-Order cancelled no refund yet

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Pre-Order cancelled no refund yet: Hello I pre-Order MW3 and Still haven’t gotten my refund for it and I use my Card for it and Have proof that I got charged right away when Will I be getting my money back it’s been around 2-3...
  7. Why did my pre order for mortal kombat 1 say it’s been cancelled?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why did my pre order for mortal kombat 1 say it’s been cancelled?: I pre ordered the mortal kombat 1 premium edition and it went through and took the money out of my bank account and I was even able to play the beta but now it says my order was cancelled....
  8. Why was my pre-ordered game canceled when time to download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why was my pre-ordered game canceled when time to download: Pre-word the new basketball game in July with a debit card and it says it was not purchased now why 2d03434a-6a56-4b25-a8be-b49535f6ab76
  9. Xbox live chat cancelled my ea fc pre order

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox live chat cancelled my ea fc pre order: Xbox live chat cancelled my ea fc pre order that I had before August 22nd for the extra pre order bonus you would receive. I contacted live chat support because I wished to change the card I was...
  10. Pre-ordered Starfield Premium Upgrade, I cancelled it. But I still have not received a refund.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Pre-ordered Starfield Premium Upgrade, I cancelled it. But I still have not received a refund.: I purchased the Starfield Premium Edition Upgrade on PC through the Xbox App using Paypal. Due to some circumstances I had to cancel the pre order, when I cancel it mentioned me receiving a refund...