Can you use the Xbox one wireless headset chat mixer on PC if you have the usb wireless...

Discus and support Can you use the Xbox one wireless headset chat mixer on PC if you have the usb wireless... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have been trying to find a way to use the xbox one wireless headset on PC and separate the audio between discord and whatever game I'm playing using... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by fore cast 75, Mar 11, 2023.

1. fore cast 75
    fore cast 75 Guest

Can you use the Xbox one wireless headset chat mixer on PC if you have the usb wireless...

I have been trying to find a way to use the xbox one wireless headset on PC and separate the audio between discord and whatever game I'm playing using the chat mixer built into the headset ( the dial on the left earpiece). Still, I can't find any way to do this and or if there is a way to do this or not.

:)

fore cast 75, Mar 11, 2023
  2. DarkerFirestar Win User

Can you use the Xbox one wireless headset chat mixer on PC if you have the usb wireless adapter?

Yes, you can use the Xbox One wireless headset chat mixer on PC if you have the USB wireless adapter.

To do this, you will need to follow these steps:

1. Connect the USB wireless adapter to your PC.
    2. Turn on your Xbox One wireless headset and hold down the power button on the headset until it starts flashing. This puts the headset in pairing mode.
    3. Press the pairing button on the USB wireless adapter until the LED starts flashing.
    4. Once the LED on the USB wireless adapter stops flashing and stays lit, the headset is paired with your PC.
    5. Open the Xbox Accessories app on your PC, and click on the "Xbox One Wireless Controller" device.
    6. From there, you can adjust the chat mixer settings to your liking.
    Once you have completed these steps, you should be able to use the chat mixer on your Xbox One wireless headset with your PC.
  3. Joe Mama 525 Win User

Can you use the Xbox one wireless headset chat mixer on PC if you have the usb wireless adapter?

I have the same issue/question.

I am using a Microsoft Windows 10 wireless adapter (the smaller slim one) and have my Microsoft Xbox Wireless Headset connected to it, but have no clue how to mix game audio and chat devices.

My OS is Windows 10 Home

In the past with similar devices, the headphones show up as 2 separate output devices in Windows. One set as "default" device and one as "default communications" device. (Astro Mixamp Pro TR for example)

I have tried the steps listed above but "Open the Xbox Accessories app on your PC, and click on the "Xbox One Wireless Controller" device. From there, you can adjust the chat mixer settings to your liking." makes no sense, there are no chat mix options. The ability to chat mix should be the dial on the left side of the headphones.

Please explain how to use chat mix on PC (mixing volume levels of main output and chat output). Otherwise i will be returning this headset. The whole reason i got it is because it was advertised to have that feature (which is now starting to sound like its an Xbox One/Series exclusive feature)
  4. FurdTerguson Win User

Did nothing for me. Same as the others I do not see an audio mixer or anything after following your steps.
  5. Arron Boag Win User

I have done the steps above, but I do not see an option to control chat mix.
  6. Frathos Win User

I cant access my chat mixer its just greyed out and I cant do anything

Are you using a wireless headset like Astro A50? If so then you have to use the physical chat mixer that is built in to the headset as the console guide chat mixer will be greyed out.

Good luck!
Thema:

1. Can you use the Xbox one wireless headset chat mixer on PC if you have the usb wireless... - Similar Threads - wireless headset chat

2. Gray chat mixer on wireless headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gray chat mixer on wireless headset: I am having issues with my chat mixer, i have a xbox wireless headset and my chat mixer won’t work. I try to twist the things on the side of the head set and it wont work, my controllers are all...
  3. Audio mixer between chat and game on xbox wireless headset doesn’t work.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio mixer between chat and game on xbox wireless headset doesn’t work.: Hi, I have a problem with the xbox wireless headset. I can properly hear sound from the game and chat too but if i try to mix these channel (with the left wheel of the headset) it remains the...
  4. xbox wireless headset chat mixer stop working

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox wireless headset chat mixer stop working: Hello ! The volume mixer on the official Xbox Wireless headset stopped working recently. The last thing I remember doing before noticing the problem was I moved from an Xbox chat group to a...
  5. Choppy Chat while using Xbox Wireless Headset and Xbox Controller via bluetooth on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Choppy Chat while using Xbox Wireless Headset and Xbox Controller via bluetooth on PC: I use a new Xbox Wireless Headset and a elite 2 controller connected via Bluetooth 5.2. While using the controller my chat is choppy. My chat Partner doesn't understand a word I am saying. But the...
  6. My Xbox wireless headset keeps saying I’m fully in game chat when in a party

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox wireless headset keeps saying I’m fully in game chat when in a party: I have tried updating it, plugging in to Xbox, plugging into controller, and everyday it’ll randomly start bugging out saying I need to change my party chat mixer. Any ideas would help or should I...
  7. Why has my Xbox Wireless Headset stopped working on Fotnight Party chat?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why has my Xbox Wireless Headset stopped working on Fotnight Party chat?: Hello the party chat has stopped working when I play fortnite on my xbox one. I use a Xbox Wireless Headset. I have tried: Resetting headset Resetting xbox I have reset headphones...
  8. My wireless headset doesn't allow me to use the chat mixer dial when my head is tilted a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My wireless headset doesn't allow me to use the chat mixer dial when my head is tilted a...: When using the headset, it works fine with no issue I tilt my head to the left slightly and it chat mixer just goes completely to the game audio side and mutes the party, this is a new issue for...
  9. I can't hear game chat in my Wireless Headset, but party chat works, why?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't hear game chat in my Wireless Headset, but party chat works, why?: I have an Xbox Series X and an Xbox Wireless Headset that I'm using to play Halo Infinite. Unless I form a party chat with friends, they can hear me in game chat but I can't hear them. My right...
  10. My Xbox wireless headset today only does game chat, the party chat isn't working and it is...

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox wireless headset today only does game chat, the party chat isn't working and it is...: My setting in the party is set to party chat, my headset is set to neutral, I've tried updating, I've tried repairing, and I've tried turning everything off and back on. I can hear people in game...