Can you turn off automatic renewal with a 1 month free trial?

Discus and support Can you turn off automatic renewal with a 1 month free trial? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; it says monthly, I cant figure out how to turn it off. Or can you? I know microsoft is tricksy. f4839ba3-d7d0-47a7-b1b3-03c0b2bbbc7b Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by KI11RB33, Jan 2, 2014.

1. KI11RB33
    KI11RB33 Guest

it says monthly, I cant figure out how to turn it off. Or can you? I know microsoft is tricksy.

:)

KI11RB33, Jan 2, 2014
  2. A seemingly random charge of $9.99 came out of my parent's bank account.

Sounds like an automatic 1 month LIVE charge. You can turn off auto-renewal on your account by calling phone support in your region.

Mister Gwyther, Jan 2, 2014
  3. JTFreshness
    JTFreshness Guest
    Why Can't I Turn off Auto-Renwal

This is the message I get when I attempt to turn of auto renewal

You Currently Have: Xbox LIVE Gold: Gold – 1 Month Renews:4/3/2012
    Automatic renewal: ON OFF
    An error occured cancelling automatic renewal.

JTFreshness, Jan 2, 2014
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

Smwutches, Jan 2, 2014
  5. KI11RB33
    KI11RB33 Guest
    thanks

also how come it says im not gold????

KI11RB33, Jan 2, 2014
  6. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    It's showing gold in your profile, it just hasn't updated your gamertag yet.

Smwutches, Oct 31, 2018
  7. Smwutches Win User

Xbox Live Free Gold

When you purchase gold from Xbox, even a free trial, you turn on auto-renewal. So you would get a month for free and then they would automatically renew you for another month after that unless you turn off auto-renewal.
  8. IIII Modz IIII Win User

New account on new 360: Free month Live problem

Hello there Gory!

It requires payment option because after getting an free trial it will automatically renew every month.

But you could Turn off the Auto renewal so you will not be charged.
  9. Mad Cow Dizease Win User

Xbox live support

Hi there,

If you are inquiring about the free month trial, those are awarded when making a new Xbox Live account on your console. If you don't sign up right away, you should be asked if you want to have a 1-month trial upon filling in payment details for automatic renewal
    (which can later be turned off).
  10. Smwutches Win User

11. Smwutches Win User

It's showing gold in your profile, it just hasn't updated your gamertag yet.
Thema:

1. Can you turn off automatic renewal with a 1 month free trial? - Similar Threads - turn off automatic

2. My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it...

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it...: My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it has no issue playing games for hours at a time the system has been cleaned and I've signed in and out of...
  3. Why can my Xbox series x turn off my tv ( TCL C745) but not turn it on ? :(.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can my Xbox series x turn off my tv ( TCL C745) but not turn it on ? :(.: I've had Samsung TV before and my console could turn on/off the TV .. but now I bought a TCL smart TV and the console can't turn it on * Moved from Community Center...
  4. Xbox one unable to turn my roku tv off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one unable to turn my roku tv off: So ive recently switched tvs and i usually have my xbox turn the tv on and off because it saves me time and focus and the roku tv does not respond to the inputs, so i was wondering if its possible...
  5. How do I turn off happening now side bar in the friends section

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I turn off happening now side bar in the friends section: Every single time I open up my friends list menu a “happening now” side bar pops up and shows me party’s I can join how do I turn that off 3da07d63-a350-4859-8682-f07a5a724de0
  6. My controller won't work left thumbstick up then turns off on its own ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller won't work left thumbstick up then turns off on its own ?: Hey guys my controller stopped working outta nowhere the left thumbstick up won't work and the just turns off any suggestions or have you experienced this double issue...
  7. X box series s disconnects from wifi every time i turn it off and on, what can i do to fix it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    X box series s disconnects from wifi every time i turn it off and on, what can i do to fix it?: My xbox keeps on disconnecting every time i log in to play, and when i try to reconnect it to WiFi, it takes up to 30 tries to be successful, is really stressful having to type the password 30...
  8. my xbox keeps turning off

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox keeps turning off: my xbox series s just ahd an update and switched off now every time I go to switch on the console it just turns off automatically is there anything I should do e6232de2-3e72-4c6b-adab-1c16dca694fe
  9. Xbox turn off automatic when i turn on my xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox turn off automatic when i turn on my xbox: Hi, Some time my xbox will turn off automatic when i turn on my xbox, But i try to turn on my xbox again all thing will be normal. Is this power supply issue? i got try to send warranty but i...
  10. I have my console set to never turn off, but suddenly it's started automatically going to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have my console set to never turn off, but suddenly it's started automatically going to...: I am a part of the xbox insider update program, so, is this something new being tested? If so, why would they force us to "save energy"?? Whatever the case, can someone help me make it so my...