Can you turn off automatic renewal with a 1 month free trial?

Discus and support Can you turn off automatic renewal with a 1 month free trial? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; it says monthly, I cant figure out how to turn it off. Or can you? I know microsoft is tricksy. f4839ba3-d7d0-47a7-b1b3-03c0b2bbbc7b Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by KI11RB33, Jan 2, 2014.

1. KI11RB33
    KI11RB33 Guest

it says monthly, I cant figure out how to turn it off. Or can you? I know microsoft is tricksy.

:)

KI11RB33, Jan 2, 2014
  2. A seemingly random charge of $9.99 came out of my parent's bank account.

Sounds like an automatic 1 month LIVE charge. You can turn off auto-renewal on your account by calling phone support in your region.

Mister Gwyther, Jan 2, 2014
  3. JTFreshness
    JTFreshness Guest
    Why Can't I Turn off Auto-Renwal

This is the message I get when I attempt to turn of auto renewal

You Currently Have: Xbox LIVE Gold: Gold – 1 Month Renews:4/3/2012
    Automatic renewal: ON OFF
    An error occured cancelling automatic renewal.

JTFreshness, Jan 2, 2014
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

Smwutches, Jan 2, 2014
  5. KI11RB33
    KI11RB33 Guest
    thanks

also how come it says im not gold????

KI11RB33, Jan 2, 2014
  6. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    It's showing gold in your profile, it just hasn't updated your gamertag yet.

Smwutches, Oct 31, 2018
  7. Smwutches Win User

Xbox Live Free Gold

When you purchase gold from Xbox, even a free trial, you turn on auto-renewal. So you would get a month for free and then they would automatically renew you for another month after that unless you turn off auto-renewal.
  8. IIII Modz IIII Win User

New account on new 360: Free month Live problem

Hello there Gory!

It requires payment option because after getting an free trial it will automatically renew every month.

But you could Turn off the Auto renewal so you will not be charged.
  9. Mad Cow Dizease Win User

Xbox live support

Hi there,

If you are inquiring about the free month trial, those are awarded when making a new Xbox Live account on your console. If you don't sign up right away, you should be asked if you want to have a 1-month trial upon filling in payment details for automatic renewal
    (which can later be turned off).
  10. Smwutches Win User

11. Smwutches Win User

It's showing gold in your profile, it just hasn't updated your gamertag yet.
Thema:

1. Can you turn off automatic renewal with a 1 month free trial? - Similar Threads - turn off automatic

2. Hey i accidentally turned off my xbox 1s from 2016 while it was getting its updated and...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hey i accidentally turned off my xbox 1s from 2016 while it was getting its updated and...: Help, my xbox 1s from 2016 was updating but I turned it off and the screen isn't projecting anything the consoles sould be giving. 82a5784e-5d95-40ac-8166-c158cfe6dd2b
  3. My Xbox turns on and turns off immediately again. What can I do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox turns on and turns off immediately again. What can I do?: This is a bit of a long story with lots of details. I had an Xbox one S (the white one), I used it at the same socket each time and one day it started turning off immediately after turning on. I...
  4. my Xbox series called, has turned off for no reason

in XBoX on Consoles
    my Xbox series called, has turned off for no reason: My Xbox series was turned off for no reason out of the blue and I have no clue why I’ve done everything I can to resolve the issue. Nothing works. I’ve had the same issue with the power supply...
  5. Headset turned off during update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset turned off during update: I connected my Xbox wireless headset to my Xbox and during the update accidentally turned it off, it is now completely unresponsive and the button doesn't work nor does plugging it into an Xbox....
  6. Xbox 360 turning off and saying it has bad ventilation

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 turning off and saying it has bad ventilation: I tried to clean it out of dust and I have also moved it to an open place in my room to give it no blocked ventilation and a space that isnt confined but still after 10 mins it says that my Xbox...
  7. Xbox series x displays a message after turn on console "This CONSOLE WILL TURN off...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x displays a message after turn on console "This CONSOLE WILL TURN off...: Xbox series x displays a message after turning on console "This CONSOLE WILL TURN off automatically in 5 minutes " 72bd2691-48d1-4862-a56f-931ce69adbeb
  8. My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it...

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it...: My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it has no issue playing games for hours at a time the system has been cleaned and I've signed in and out of...
  9. Xbox turn off automatic when i turn on my xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox turn off automatic when i turn on my xbox: Hi, Some time my xbox will turn off automatic when i turn on my xbox, But i try to turn on my xbox again all thing will be normal. Is this power supply issue? i got try to send warranty but i...
  10. I have my console set to never turn off, but suddenly it's started automatically going to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have my console set to never turn off, but suddenly it's started automatically going to...: I am a part of the xbox insider update program, so, is this something new being tested? If so, why would they force us to "save energy"?? Whatever the case, can someone help me make it so my...