Can you turn off automatic renewal with a 1 month free trial?

Discus and support Can you turn off automatic renewal with a 1 month free trial? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; it says monthly, I cant figure out how to turn it off. Or can you? I know microsoft is tricksy. f4839ba3-d7d0-47a7-b1b3-03c0b2bbbc7b Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by KI11RB33, Jan 2, 2014.

1. KI11RB33
    KI11RB33 Guest

it says monthly, I cant figure out how to turn it off. Or can you? I know microsoft is tricksy.

:)

KI11RB33, Jan 2, 2014
  2. A seemingly random charge of $9.99 came out of my parent's bank account.

Sounds like an automatic 1 month LIVE charge. You can turn off auto-renewal on your account by calling phone support in your region.

Mister Gwyther, Jan 2, 2014
  3. JTFreshness
    JTFreshness Guest
    Why Can't I Turn off Auto-Renwal

This is the message I get when I attempt to turn of auto renewal

You Currently Have: Xbox LIVE Gold: Gold – 1 Month Renews:4/3/2012
    Automatic renewal: ON OFF
    An error occured cancelling automatic renewal.

JTFreshness, Jan 2, 2014
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

Smwutches, Jan 2, 2014
  5. KI11RB33
    KI11RB33 Guest
    thanks

also how come it says im not gold????

KI11RB33, Jan 2, 2014
  6. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    It's showing gold in your profile, it just hasn't updated your gamertag yet.

Smwutches, Oct 31, 2018
  7. Smwutches Win User

Xbox Live Free Gold

When you purchase gold from Xbox, even a free trial, you turn on auto-renewal. So you would get a month for free and then they would automatically renew you for another month after that unless you turn off auto-renewal.
  8. voteDC Win User

first month free ??

To claim the free month now you need to enter payment details.

While you wont be charged for that first month, they are hoping that you'll forget to turn off the automatic renewal and so be charged full price the next month.

You wont be able to get that month on your present account but you can create a new account, enter the payment details to get the free month and turn off automatic renewal here
    https://live.xbox.com/Account or by contacting support.
  9. Smwutches Win User

10. Smwutches Win User

It's showing gold in your profile, it just hasn't updated your gamertag yet.
  11. KI11RB33 Win User

thanks

also how come it says im not gold????
Thema:

1. Can you turn off automatic renewal with a 1 month free trial? - Similar Threads - turn off automatic

2. Xbox Turns off Automatically

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Turns off Automatically: Yesterday my Xbox One was working perfectly fine but today when I tried to turn it on something strange happened. It was on the menu screen for a few minutes before suddenly shutting off by...
  3. Xbox (PC Game Pass) app auto updates games, even with the Automatic Updates option turned off.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox (PC Game Pass) app auto updates games, even with the Automatic Updates option turned off.: This is a recurring issue that I've delt with for months now. I have automatic updates turned off, yet games (Forza Horizon 5 in this case) started updating in the background, even without opening...
  4. Turn off automatic sign in on Xbox app

in XBoX Accessibility
    Turn off automatic sign in on Xbox app: Hi! My laptop broke so, in the meantime, I'll be using a borrowed one but I keep having the same issue: I'm trying to sign in to the Xbox app on a Windows 10 PC and I'm unable to do so since it...
  5. How do I turn off the Gamebar's automatic background audio recording?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I turn off the Gamebar's automatic background audio recording?: When I open Google Chrome, a notification appears saying "background audio recording started" on the right of my screen. This started recently, every time when I open my windows game bar with...
  6. PC Xbox App updates games even when automatic updates are turned off

in XBoX on Consoles
    PC Xbox App updates games even when automatic updates are turned off: Okay this is driving me up the wall. Context: I have a data cap on my very limited internet at home. Before I moved back home from college, I downloaded a ton of games onto my PC so that I could...
  7. Xbox one optical audio turning off automatically September 2021

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox one optical audio turning off automatically September 2021: I’m not sure if it is due to the recent update, as others have said, however the Xbox one optical audio turns off automatically either when you back out of the settings or when you restart the...
  8. Xbox Series X automatically turns off when I load any game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series X automatically turns off when I load any game.: Is anyone else having this problem? Ive tried everything to fix it but nothing works. 8cd2afa8-f6f3-4d2e-897c-e9842fea57f7
  9. When I turn my xbox on it only stays on for about a minute and shuts off automatically again

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I turn my xbox on it only stays on for about a minute and shuts off automatically again: Any time I turn my xbox one s on it turns itself off. I have tried power cycling and resetting. The fan kicks off right after the xbox starts. I have also tried vacuuming dust out, blowing dust...
  10. Xbox automatically clear local saved clips when they're 6 days old? How to turn off auto...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox automatically clear local saved clips when they're 6 days old? How to turn off auto...: I don't always upload my clips and still want to be able to watch them from my Xbox drive. Is there anyway to prevent it from auto deleting clips? I have 1tb storage so I have room, and I'd rather...