Can you stream from Satellite Receivers HDMI to Xbox App?

Discus and support Can you stream from Satellite Receivers HDMI to Xbox App? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I'm planning to buy an Xbox One S, but it really depends on the answer to this question. Is it possible to connect a Satellite Receiver's HDMI... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MintCheetah199, Nov 20, 2017.

  1. Can you stream from Satellite Receivers HDMI to Xbox App?


    Hi,

    I'm planning to buy an Xbox One S, but it really depends on the answer to this question.

    Is it possible to connect a Satellite Receiver's HDMI output to Xbox One S HDMI input and stream the channels (Free-to-air ones) using the Xbox App to a Windows laptop?

    On Xbox One's support pages only games and TV are mentioned as supported for streaming.

    I thought it should work with any device connected via HDMI, but I have read somewhere (Howto Geek) that this support was removed for Satellite receivers a while ago, is that right?

    :)
     
    MintCheetah199, Nov 20, 2017
    #1
  2. SinaiEagle
    SinaiEagle Guest
    A/V receiver to xbox?

    I am sorry but what's a Satellite box? my current setup is a satellite receiver which is linked between the satellite dish and the TV only.

    also the output of the receiver is an A/V cable, should I buy an A/v to HDMI converter?
     
    SinaiEagle, Nov 20, 2017
    #2
  3. bellso
    bellso Guest
    A/V receiver to xbox?

    Send the HDMI cable from your satellite box direct to the Xbox, then a cable from the Xbox out to the input on your receiver. Receiver to your tv - done!
     
    bellso, Nov 20, 2017
    #3
  4. Archaic-F0FC12B2-51A Win User

    All Xbox one problems here

    How do you have it hooked up? I have my hooked up as the following

    TV/Satellite Receiver HDMI Out > Xbox One Satellite In

    Xbox One HDMI Out > Receiver HDMI Port

    Receiver Out > TV

    Does your receiver support HDMI sound, not just video?
  5. Arminator Win User

    Display issue

    Hello, I do not understand why, when I plug my HDMI cable into In, I have no picture...
    The HDMI In port on the console is for external cable or satellite set-top boxes, so you can loop the TV signal from these set top boxes through the Xbox One, which will then output it's own video feed to the HDMI OUT port of the console.

    You will have to connect the TV to the console's HDMI OUT port, and if you want to be able to instantly switch between TV and video games, you can attach a TV source like a cable or satellite receiver to the HDMI In port. When you then launch the TV App
    or OneGuide, you can then watch TV through the Xbox One, and instantly switch to your games if you want.
  6. bigbenx88 Win User

    HDMI from One to laptop

    You set it up through the Oneguide app. Basically the same app you use to run your cable or satellite box through to watch TV. Honestly it's just putting in a middle man to stream content your already streaming with another device. The X1 adds no value
    to the equation, it would be better to just run the HDMI cord directly to your TV.
  7. Jhonkito Win User

    What devices can be connected to the HDMI IN FROM SAT/CABLE connector on the xbox one S?

    Hi Kőcs, my name is Jhon, and will be a pleasure help you

    The HDMI IN FROM SAT/CABLE connector on the Xbox One S can be used to connect devices that have an HDMI output. Some devices that can be connected to this connector include:

    *Satellite or cable receivers
    *Blu-ray or DVD players
    *Game consoles
    *Computers
    *Other devices with HDMI output

    Best regards
    Jhon
  8. Shizjin Win User

    TV & One Guide App wont launch

    Unplugging the HDMI from my satellite receiver and unplugging the xbox's power for 30 seconds seemed to do the trick. Doing a normal restart didn't seem to do anything.
Thema:

Can you stream from Satellite Receivers HDMI to Xbox App?

Loading...
  1. Can you stream from Satellite Receivers HDMI to Xbox App? - Similar Threads - stream Satellite Receivers

  2. Xbox Cloud Gaming — Persistent Stream Connection Failure

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Cloud Gaming — Persistent Stream Connection Failure: Xbox Cloud Gaming — Persistent Stream Connection Failure Summary Xbox Cloud Gaming streams intermittently fail to connect. The Xbox logo appears, a brief clip of audio plays (timing is...
  3. Swapping To Game chat is BROKEN for Alpha Skip Ahead, Wireless Headsets DISALLOW STREAMING...

    in XboX Insiders
    Swapping To Game chat is BROKEN for Alpha Skip Ahead, Wireless Headsets DISALLOW STREAMING...: Game chat and party/discord chat is broken. I cannot swap to gamechat while in a discord. It disconnects me completely after freezing for like 2 seconds. I cannot go live while my razer headset is...
  4. Free Streaming With Ads On XBOX PC

    in XboX Insiders
    Free Streaming With Ads On XBOX PC: So i tried it out on XBOX PC with world of tanks & XBOX should keep this!.. Such a underrated feature that can bring in easy revenue & players to XBOX. There are people who will gladly watch an ad...
  5. Forza Horizon 6 as ad supported stream for delta tier memebers on Cloud Gaming...

    in XboX Insiders
    Forza Horizon 6 as ad supported stream for delta tier memebers on Cloud Gaming...: Hi everyone, Quick question I have been trying to figure out how to use the ad supported cloud gaming service with my digital owned games and I have a few questions. I bought FH6 digitally and...
  6. Insider Cloud streaming from xbox series x console is not as consistent as Cloud streaming...

    in XboX Insiders
    Insider Cloud streaming from xbox series x console is not as consistent as Cloud streaming...: I had been in xbox insider delta for months before recently getting into beta. Something I've noticed about the insider features for cloud gaming is that on Xbox when I stream the game, it's not...
  7. Beginning Ad-supported Game Streaming Test & Learn

    in XboX Insiders
    Beginning Ad-supported Game Streaming Test & Learn: [IMG] submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  8. Cannot watch Discord Streams - Alpha Skip-Ahead

    in XboX Insiders
    Cannot watch Discord Streams - Alpha Skip-Ahead: While in a Discord call, my buddy started streaming from his PC to the Discord call. The Discord channel is a Custom Temporary VC that will auto delete once all members leave it. I am on Xbox...
  9. Week of Apr 6 request for the streaming

    in XboX Insiders
    Week of Apr 6 request for the streaming: Can you guys add more streaming for the Xbox because I don’t want to pay a subscription for the other ones and I want to stream to more than just twitch . Also can Make it so I can read chat on my...
  10. Xbox Series X streaming having issue

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X streaming having issue: Whenever I go to discord to stream, i can press the button. I dont get no error messages or anything, it goes back to the call and nothing happens how do i fix this (yes i tried resetting already)...